Ex-Chelsea midfielder set to train at Easter Road

jambotony

Hibs set their sights high again!!!!

Hibernian are to give a trial to former Chelsea youngster Joe Keenan during pre-season.

Keenan has been playing in Australia with Melbourne Victory, but has been given permission to train with other clubs.

The 25-year-old, who can play on the left side of defence or midfield, has recently been on trial at fellow A-League side Newcastle Jets.

However, Jets manager Gary van Egmond says Keenan has been offered the chance to train with SPL club Hibernian.

"He looked okay," said Van Egmond in The Scotsman. "He has got a trial with Hibs, so he's going to go there and have a look at that as well, and we'll take it from there."

Keenan made three substitute appearances during his Chelsea career and also had spells on loan at Brentford, Westerlo and Willem II Tilburg.

Hibernian are to give a trial to former Chelsea youngster Joe Keenan during pre-season.

Keenan has been playing in Australia with Melbourne Victory, but has been given permission to train with other clubs.

The 25-year-old, who can play on the left side of defence or midfield, has recently been on trial at fellow A-League side Newcastle Jets.

However, Jets manager Gary van Egmond says Keenan has been offered the chance to train with SPL club Hibernian.

"He looked okay," said Van Egmond in The Scotsman. "He has got a trial with Hibs, so he's going to go there and have a look at that as well, and we'll take it from there."

Keenan made three substitute appearances during his Chelsea career and also had spells on loan at Brentford, Westerlo and Willem II Tilburg.

Presumably he was the patsy brought on with 2 minutes of injury time gone to waste more time ?

Newcastle Jets - :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sounds about their level.

They are going up in the world.... Is he the one that is gonna win them the Scottish Cup!!? Hahahaha

Probably better than Ivaskevicius & Ksanivicius so I won't slag them too much

Probably better than Ivaskevicius & Ksanivicius so I won't slag them too much

If he's not he's in the wrong game.

Anyone remember Craig Rocastle?

I remember Hibs fans were foaming at the mouth (more than usual) at the prospect of this 'player'. He made his debut at Tynecastle (can't remember what the score was; IIRC it was circa the 1-2 home defeat) and he was absolutely useless. Ended up at Darlington or something.

Then there is/was Felipe Morais. Utter no mark.

Yves Ma-Kalambay. 'Nuff said.

Andy O'Brien from Newcastle Reserves. Even the Hibs fans hate this boy.

All in all, I'm not worried :)

RockyBalboa
Anyone remember Craig Rocastle?

I remember Hibs fans were foaming at the mouth (more than usual) at the prospect of this 'player'. He made his debut at Tynecastle (can't remember what the score was; IIRC it was circa the 1-2 home defeat) and he was absolutely useless. Ended up at Darlington or something.

Then there is/was Felipe Morais. Utter no mark.

Yves Ma-Kalambay. 'Nuff said.

Andy O'Brien from Newcastle Reserves. Even the Hibs fans hate this boy.

All in all, I'm not worried :)

Haha, a Hearts supporter slagging Hibs players. Gotta love it.

2 of your best players (including your captian) are wanted by the mighty Wolves and Burnley and you have a team full of players who wouldnt get a game for St Mirren. Pot Kettle and all that.

2 of your best players (including your captian) are wanted by the mighty Wolves and Burnley and you have a team full of players who wouldnt get a game for St Mirren. Pot Kettle and all that.

I think you'll find I'm equally critical of Hearts players, too, when it's deserved.

And what exactly do you expect on a Hearts board?

BTW, is there anything in my original post you can really disagree with?

RockyBalboa

Plus can I add It's only on trial. Ie like Hearts' annual 600 Lithuanians in mid Germany somewhere.

Agree with that.

Wouldn't get too comfy with your squad, Petrie would sell his kid's limbs for the right price.

:107years:

RockyBalboa
I think you'll find I'm equally critical of Hearts players, too, when it's deserved.

And what exactly do you expect on a Hearts board?

BTW, is there anything in my original post you can really disagree with?

Rocastle went back to Chelsea then went to play in league one. Came back on trial but was gash. He played well in a role used by Mowbray.

Morais, Obrien and Maka are all pish - all signed by our former manager.

Rankin, Murray, DVZ and Yantorno all signed by Mixu - so far so good.

RockyBalboa
Agree with that.

Wouldn't get too comfy with your squad, Petrie would sell his kid's limbs for the right price.

:107years:

So would any chairman if the ? was right :cool:

Rocastle went back to Chelsea then went to play in league one. Came back on trial but was gash. He played well in a role used by Mowbray.

OK, so no, you can't disagree with what I said.

Thank goodness this chapter of our lives is closed.

RockyBalboa
OK, so no, you can't disagree with what I said.

Thank goodness this chapter of our lives is closed.

I didn't agree about you're not worried after having signed the stated players as it was from different management.

I didn't agree about you're not worried after having signed the stated players as it was from different management.

I'm not asking you to agree with whether I'm worried or not.

RB, this conversation is crushing my soul. Please, let it be.

So would any chairman if the ? was right :cool:

Sure other Chairmen value their kids a bit more ;)

RockyBalboa
Sure other Chairmen value their kids a bit more ;)

Has Petrie got kids?!!? I always thought of him as Scrouge kind of guy :eek:

Has Petrie got kids?!!? I always thought of him as Scrouge kind of guy :eek:

I know he's divorced as his current partner runs a dance school that my Cousin used to attend.

Plus can I add It's only on trial. Ie like Hearts' annual 600 Lithuanians in mid Germany somewhere.

A typical comment from you about Hearts.

Your continuing existence on this board baffles me. :confused:

RockyBalboa
I know he's divorced as his current partner runs a dance school that my Cousin used to attend.

Be funny if he actually did sell his kids :)

RockyBalboa
A typical comment from you about Hearts.

Your continuing existence on this board baffles me. :confused:

Whats typical? You don't get loads of Lithuanians on trial every season!?!?

Whats typical? You don't get loads of Lithuanians on trial every season!?!?

Keep it up, son.

Hopefully, these posts will be among your last.

Buffalo Bill

I'm sure what I can add to this thread other than to remind myself that our own 'star' players finished 8th in the league last season.

Buffalo Bill

No Nonsense

Rankin- Brian Kerr with a tan according to one of your own.

Murray- decent signing IMO- his level is Hibs.

dvz and Yantorno- not really a valid argument. they have not played for Hibs yet and thus how can you claim "so far so good".

What about the Algerian that he signed and then binned?

So, you've finally descended into the typical Hibs fan gash.

'Youse huv goat 900million Lifuanians, ur ?40 bazillion in debt, and huv a madman fir an owner. Glory Glory y'all.'

RockyBalboa
Rankin- Brian Kerr with a tan according to one of your own.

Murray- decent signing IMO- his level is Hibs.

dvz and Yantorno- not really a valid argument. they have not played for Hibs yet and thus how can you claim "so far so good".

What about the Algerian that he signed and then binned?

Murrays a stand out - be a stand out for any side outside the OF imo.

Rankins a good sqaud player, better than the pish JC brought in though.

DVZ and Yantorno, two stand outs for SPL teams, I'm happy with that instead of French diddies previous managers brought in.

Murrays a stand out - be a stand out for any side outside the OF imo.

Rankins a good sqaud player, better than the pish JC brought in though.

DVZ and Yantorno, two stand outs for SPL teams, I'm happy with that instead of French diddies previous managers brought in.

Being a stand out for Gretna is not an achievement.

And DVZ was nowhere near St Mirrens POTY either.

RockyBalboa
So, you've finally descended into the typical Hibs fan gash.

'Youse huv goat 900million Lifuanians, ur ?40 bazillion in debt, and huv a madman fir an owner. Glory Glory y'all.'

Not at all mate, just stating a triallist is a triallist and not necessary a new signing, being a jambo you should know that more than most.

You have got a mad radge of an owner too.

RockyBalboa
Being a stand out for Gretna is not an achievement.

And DVZ was nowhere near St Mirrens POTY either.

How do you know he was nowhere near? I heard he was there POTY until he got injured.

As for Yantorno, trying to say you wouldn't want the lad at Hearts!?!?

How do you know he was nowhere near? I heard he was there POTY until he got injured.

Bottom line your team is pish and going nowhere.

Sad fact is so are Hearts but at least despite not having a proper management team for 2.5 years we still manage to **** your lot.Basically since Burley left you should have dominated the derby games but fact is once again you failed to do so.

rudi must stay

sounds good. It is St Mirren though a team far worse than yours. Same goes for Yantorno. Sure i'd want him at Hearts. You have to ask though if he's so brilliant why was he at Gretna, what's holding him back

RockyBalboa
Bottom line your team is pish and going nowhere.

Sad fact is so are Hearts but at least despite not having a proper management team for 2.5 years we still manage to **** your lot.Basically since Burley left you should have dominated the derby games but fact is once again you failed to do so.

I agree, we are gash unfortunately but I still think top 4 and Europe will happen now we have the right guy in charge.

In the last 2 season you have been ahead of us once and us ahead of you's once. Shat all over I dont think though, a couple of scraped wins perhaps yeah.

RockyBalboa
sounds good. It is St Mirren though a team far worse than yours. Same goes for Yantorno. Sure i'd want him at Hearts. You have to ask though if he's so brilliant why was he at Gretna, what's holding him back

I agree, there might be something holding him back. he was at Gretna but sometimes teams find Gems, Irons said Wadsworth brought in loads of gash but Yantorno was different. Time will tell though I suppose.

With DVZ I agree too, but I would rather sign stand outs in lesser SPL sides than random radges we usually sign who end up crap.

Who cares who those clowns sign, strange thing to post.

I agree, we are gash unfortunately but I still think top 4 and Europe will happen now we have the right guy in charge.

In the last 2 season you have been ahead of us once and us ahead of you's once. Shat all over I dont think though, a couple of scraped wins perhaps yeah.

Is this joker ever going to get emptied Mods??

Listen you little attention seeking parasite, with the worst derby record in Europe,no Scottish Cup wins for 107 years, little European campaigns in the last 20 years and finishing above Hearts 4 times in the last 21 years then you deserve your rank of WEETEAM! Now why don't you take a hike and try to impress other clubs' messageboards who have also very little to shout about?!

RockyBalboa

Listen you little attention seeking parasite, with the worst derby record in Europe,no Scottish Cup wins for 107 years, little European campaigns in the last 20 years and finishing above Hearts 4 times in the last 21 years then you deserve your rank of WEETEAM! Now why don't you take a hike and try to impress other clubs' messageboards who have also very little to shout about?!

Oh dear.

maroonlegions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenerjambo View Post

Oh dear.

mind you what was said above is true eh, the bits about worst derby record and euro campains ect, oh dear is a response that acknowledges that.;)

Because I know a St Mirren fan.

Andy Dorman was their POTY with Billy Mehmet as runner up.

RockyBalboa
Because I know a St Mirren fan.

Andy Dorman was their POTY with Billy Mehmet as runner up.

Happy days. Pity DVZ got injured before the end of the season then.

I know a St Mirren fan too, who said he was a stand out for them (like I said) :cool:

RockyBalboa
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenerjambo View Post

Oh dear.

mind you what was said above is true eh, the bits about worst derby record and euro campains ect, oh dear is a response that acknowledges that.;)

Oh dear is the way I acknowledge Mr Feners repeated posts. ;)

maroonlegions

ah, so the oh dear is in fact a secret hobo code for " feck , stumped again then".;):107years:

john the jambo

are you barred of hibs.net

seem to be on here a lot

Happy days. Pity DVZ got injured before the end of the season then.

I know a St Mirren fan too, who said he was a stand out for them (like I said) :cool:

Being a stand out for St Mirren is hardly op of the footballing world is it?

Especially when you consider they classed Billy Mehmet as their 2nd best player all season.

john the jambo
Being a stand out for St Mirren is hardly op of the footballing world is it?

Especially when you consider they classed Billy Mehmet as their 2nd best player all season.

and take a look at

kirk broadfoot

Archived