Ascot day 2

H.A.N.S

Is this a tip, or a fancy, or just a name you pulled out a hat?

A value bet e/w at 10s, wouldn't touch a 13/8 fav in that sort of field.

A value bet e/w at 10s, wouldn't touch a 13/8 fav in that sort of field.

whats swaying me towards bankable is it`s 10 pound well in with the handicap, but as you said huge field my bets for today are

2.30 dream eater 7 -1 ew a good 4 length 5th in the guineas to henry the nav will come on for that run

3.05 Grecian dancer 8 -1 ew in foal at the moment and it seams to have improved her a great deal

3.45 and 4.20 a small but decent double on

duke of marmalade 6-4 if it runs it`s race it wins

bankable 2 -1

4.55 heart shaped 9 - 2 ew don`t know much about this horse but there is good vibes coming from aob yard

whats swaying me towards bankable is it`s 10 pound well in with the handicap, but as you said huge field my bets for today are

2.30 dream eater 7 -1 ew a good 4 length 5th in the guineas to henry the nav will come on for that run

3.05 Grecian dancer 8 -1 ew in foal at the moment and it seams to have improved her a great deal

3.45 and 4.20 a small but decent double on

duke of marmalade 6-4 if it runs it`s race it wins

bankable 2 -1

4.55 heart shaped 9 - 2 ew don`t know much about this horse but there is good vibes coming from aob yard

And Cloudy Lane was well in too when in the national but never won. With big fields too many possible things that will run a blinder.

And Cloudy Lane was well in too when in the national but never won. With big fields too many possible things that will run a blinder.

true but i think cloudy never lasted the trip rather than running poor he emptied out quickly the furthest he had won at was 26f he ran well to finish 6th. On the topic of the gn i wish it was the jumps season again best by a mile, went to the gold cup and it was a fantastic day

true but i think cloudy never lasted the trip rather than running poor he emptied out quickly the furthest he had won at was 26f he ran well to finish 6th. On the topic of the gn i wish it was the jumps season again best by a mile, went to the gold cup and it was a fantastic day

Same, role on the jumps season. Denman surely has to go the King George route and not Hennessey again. If I was Harry Findlay I'd be adamant on it.

Same, role on the jumps season. Denman surely has to go the King George route and not Hennessey again. If I was Harry Findlay I'd be adamant on it.

I think it depends how kauto star is if he`s back to his best denman will not meet him at the king george, and tbh i think kauto would beat him on a tighter faster track and on a sounder surface, sure denman was awesome at the gold cup but kauto the year he won it done it 7 sec faster (on his better ground).If denman turned up for the hennessy he would be running of 182

whcih means he would have to put up a performance of at least 189 on par with desert orchid`s win in the racing post chase in 1990 i think he would

I think Denman would get away with facing Kauto at Kempton. Especially if Walsh gives Thomas such a ludicrous lead to go with the one mistake Kauto always seems to make. Interestingly but over 3m Deman was 6 seconds faster than Kauto and won by 9 lengths more in their 3m warmups before Cheltenham.

its great to have 2 horses this good to talk about and alot of young up and coming horses next year

binocular

tidal bay

hopefully sizing europe over fences

master minded

takeroc

celestial halo

jered

hopefully glencove marina if recovered from injury

The Old Tolbooth

2.30 Calming Influence

3.05 Sabana Perdida (nap)

4.55 Heart Shaped

These are the 3 I've picked out today but only Sabana Perdida tickles me, the other 2 are tentative picks and I'm not confident at all about them, especially after yesterdys results.

Royal Ascot really is a funny meeting to hit winners at, whoever would have thought that a Spanish trainer would have walked away with the top sprint prize yesterday?

The Old Tolbooth
its great to have 2 horses this good to talk about and alot of young up and coming horses next year

binocular

tidal bay

hopefully sizing europe over fences

master minded

takeroc

celestial halo

jered

hopefully glencove marina if recovered from injury

Some top class horses in your selections there mate, I'd also love to see Sizing Europe go over the bigger obstacles, he's a classy animal.

Well time to top up last night's winnings on the fitba'. So here goes:

Duke of Marmalade 6/4

&

Bankable 11/5

?5 double

EW Lucky '31'

Aqlaam 7/1

Baharah 6/1

Loup Breton 14/1

Extraterestrial 16/1

Glamorous Spirit 14/1

Good luck everybody.

Some top class horses in your selections there mate, I'd also love to see Sizing Europe go over the bigger obstacles, he's a classy animal.

Only problem with sizing europe is his age his trainer wants to keep him for the c hurdle and the owners over jumps, because if he stays hurdling this year and loses the c hurdle then he would be starting a novice jumps career at 8 then the championship races at 9.

Also forgot about trafford lad watch him over fences next year

The Old Tolbooth
Only problem with sizing europe is his age his trainer wants to keep him for the c hurdle and the owners over jumps, because if he stays hurdling this year and loses the c hurdle then he would be starting a novice jumps career at 8 then the championship races at 9.

Also forgot about trafford lad watch him over fences next year

After his win in Ireland, I backed Sizing Europe for the Champion Hurdle this year, didn't think he could lose :confused:

After his win in Ireland, I backed Sizing Europe for the Champion Hurdle this year, didn't think he could lose :confused:

I think he would have won John if it was not for the injury he got coming into the home straight he was cruising, watched it again last night

The Old Tolbooth
I think he would have won John if it was not for the injury he got coming into the home straight he was cruising, watched it again last night

Yeah I totally agree with that.

Whats your fancies for today then SoF?

Nucky Thompson

Harvest Queen 3.05

Phoenix Tower 3.45

Lang Shining 4.20

?2 E/W Trixie

Well time to top up last night's winnings on the fitba'. So here goes:

Duke of Marmalade 6/4

&

Bankable 11/5

?5 double

EW Lucky '31'

Aqlaam 7/1

Baharah 6/1

Loup Breton 14/1

Extraterestrial 16/1

Glamorous Spirit 14/1

Good luck everybody.

A good start but when I placed the bet online I had taken 9/1 and of course the price had changed to 8's, then by the time I managed to place the bet it was into 7's, feckin bookies.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Just had Sabana Perdida, Duke of Maramalde and Mr. Aviator all come in with Docofthebay in 2nd.

Shame I only staked 50p e/w. Curse my student income!

Just back in and watched it on sky+

dream eater ew 3rd

grecian dancer ew 3rd

duke of marmalade won same it was in adouble with bankable high draw against it

heart shaped ? i think it stumbled out the stalls

Docofthebay 4:20

Beaten a neck by a horse that almost withdrew, gutted, was on at 12s.

Archived