Caley in for Clum

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/695308?UserKey=0

Caley Jags eye on striker Elliot

move for hearts attacker not dependent on bayne situation, says inverness director bennett

By Stephen Kasiewicz

Published: 18/06/2008

Caley Thistle captain Grant Munro, right, and fellow defender Ross Tokely model the club?s new home strip yesterday

More Pictures

Caley Thistle are chasing Hearts forward Calum Elliot. Inverness director of football Graeme Bennett has confirmed the club?s pursuit of the 21-year-old striker.

Elliot endured a poor season at Tynecastle last term, netting just four goals in 17 starts. Although he has two years left on his contract, Elliot is eager to move on after suffering abuse from supporters as Hearts fell into the bottom six.

First Division Dunfermline are also interested but an Inverness move would keep Elliot in the top flight. Elliot would be brought in regardless of whether striker Graham Bayne left the Highlanders.

Bennett said: ?Calum is one of several players we are looking at. It is not the case Graham Bayne would have to leave to bring in another attacker. We are looking to bring in two forwards anyway after the departures of Dennis Wyness and Dean McDonald.

?We need to replace them and Elliot is one of the guys we are looking at.

?He is a young player with potential and it might be a good thing for him to join Caley Thistle and get away from the pressure of playing for Hearts.

?He is still a young boy, a Scotland under-21 international. Depending on what happens at Hearts in the next few weeks, we might be able to do business.

?Andy Barrowman is still one of three or four targets. We will not be taking in four forwards. We are not going to get them all and we are well down the road with Barrowman now. We have talked to various clubs about bringing in players, some on loan and some we might possibly pay money for.?

Defender Ross Tokely believes there is an urgent need to bring new players to Inverness. He said: ?It is worrying as we were pretty short of defenders last year. Our main problem was there was not enough defensive depth and it showed with a few injuries. With the possible departures of a couple of players, it does really leave us thin on the ground.

?We need a couple of attackers. We need someone who will score 10 to 15 goals a season. We need a bit more pace up front. It was a blow losing Dennis Wyness and, if Marius Niculae goes, that is another bit of quality gone.?

I've just filled the car up and should have more than enough in the tank for a return journey to Inverness should he require a lift.

Cat Stevens

How much do you think he's worth? Realistically, before there's a barrage of people saying "a bag o' ba's" and the like. We all know he's been terrible since that initial first few months when he broke into the team, but he is an U21 international and there is talent in there somewhere. Vlad tends to price our youngsters pretty highly. See Berra, Driver. I'd have thought he'd be looking for somewhere in the region of ?250k. Do Caley have that kind of money?

Hans von Luck

Why dont we pay Caley ?250,000 to take him off our hands. :rolleyes:

Remember he is on about ?5k per week with 2 years left on his contract. :cool:

The Old Tolbooth
How much do you think he's worth? Realistically, before there's a barrage of people saying "a bag o' ba's" and the like. We all know he's been terrible since that initial first few months when he broke into the team, but he is an U21 international and there is talent in there somewhere. Vlad tends to price our youngsters pretty highly. See Berra, Driver. I'd have thought he'd be looking for somewhere in the region of ?250k. Do Caley have that kind of money?

Seriously?

Absolutely nothing!

In fact, I would pay ICT to take him off our hands, he's THAT bad!

Hagar the Horrible

IQuote" 'd have thought he'd be looking for somewhere in the region of ?250k. Do Caley have that kind of money?" they will after we give them ?250k to take Elliot;)

He is not worth 250 quid mate:confused: if we can get somebody to take him off our hands it will be a happy day.:)

The lad may just come back to haunt us:rolleyes:

I think that is the right sort of club for him. Either that or a lower league English club.

He needs to rebuild his game and his confidence. Brewster knew all the tricks as a player - and could help Elliot a lot. I don't think Elliot has had any proper coaching since Rixxy left.

"We need someone who will score 10 to 15 goals a season. We need a bit more pace up front."

In all seriousness then why the hell are they looking at Elliot!? :wacko: Please, please god let it be true though!

It'll be a "nominal" fee I bet. The tag that gets put on average players to avoid them the embarrassment of being worth only ?50k

I think that would be an excellent move for Elliot. I reckon Brewster would be able to mould him into a half decent striker.

Pants Shaton

Sell him for nothing (but with a sell-on clause to cover the close to impossible scenario where he becomes a good player).

I think that would be an excellent move for Elliot. I reckon Brewster would be able to mould him into a half decent striker.

GOD couldn't mould Clum into a half decent striker!

Great news if he does go!

Now - Q of S get yer offer in for Robbie! :rolleyes:

If he came back to tynecastle with ICT he would last about 5 minutes before he put in his Red Card tackle! :rolleyes:

Clerry Jambo
If he came back to tynecastle with ICT he would last about 5 minutes before he put in his Red Card tackle! :rolleyes:

I know he isn't flavour of the month just now - but he played in a horrible atmosphere at Tynie last season - if I was him I would get out aswell.

I just hope we are going to replace all these players supposedly heading for the exit door - oh hang on here's the bus load fae cowness:p

I know he isn't flavour of the month just now - but he played in a horrible atmosphere at Tynie last season - if I was him I would get out aswell.

I just hope we are going to replace all these players supposedly heading for the exit door - oh hang on here's the bus load fae cowness:p

Is not being "flavour of the month" code for absolutely PISH???;)

As for the "horrible atmosphere" much of this was as a result of having to suffer diddies like Clum week in week out!

Maybe a swap could be considered , they take Elliott & Hearts take Nicolae seems like a good deal to me !!!

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I second that emotion.

Maybe a swap could be considered , they take Elliott & Hearts take Nicolae seems like a good deal to me !!!

"GOOD deal"?????

Deal of the century Mate!!!

Clum needs to move clubs - he's not developing here and arguments over his ability/potential aside, hasn't contributed enough.

who ever said let him go with a sell on clause or that and swapping for Nicolae may be worth it.

hearts_crazy

:4_1_72::4_1_72::Funny-Post:

Vlad, do us just this one favour, give him to ICT on a free, this is one deal I really, really want to see go through.

This is the deal that would bring Vlad back from the brink IMO.

Selling Calum Elliot > Keeping us at Tynecastle.

ToadKiller Dog

Not just that with Brewster having spent so many years in Greece ,he should also be able to turn young callum into a man ;)

No Nonsense

How funny would it be if we got ?250k for that lump of wood. Daylight Robbery I tell you. He's probably on a decent wage, considering he signed that deal when he was being made to look good by the team that we had when he broke through, so there will probably have to be some good negotiation by Hearts to get rid. Were probably looking at a season long loan deal or something like that.

Yep, which is why there has to be a sell-on clause. Not that we'll need it, but sod's law says that if it isn't there...he'll turn into a 30 per season goal scoring machine and ICT will sell him on to Real for zillions.

I'd take Niculae, definitely. I quite liked the look of their keeper too, forget his name though...

Yep, which is why there has to be a sell-on clause. Not that we'll need it, but sod's law says that if it isn't there...he'll turn into a 30 per season goal scoring machine and ICT will sell him on to Real for zillions.

I'd take Niculae, definitely. I quite liked the look of their keeper too, forget his name though...

The Elliot, Fletcher partnership that will set spanish football alight :rofl:

Your rambling now mate! ;)

Not just that with Brewster having spent so many years in Greece ,he should also be able to turn young callum into a man ;)

Now if Brewster had been in "Grease" then he could well have improved Clum's dancing skills! ;)

Your rambling now mate! ;)

Sshh, someone from ICT might be reading.

You never know what they might fall for....

:laugh:

He had a good game against Caley Thistle when we won 3-0 up there. Scored a couple,all round good performance. Maybe they are only going on that and their video player isn't working.

H A L L E L U J A I !!!!!!!

A boy who

Loses the head way to often

Has no first touch

Has no position sense

Has no pace

Has no football brain

Has a rash challenge in him when it suits

Has no aerial ability

Has no skill

And cannae dance

Yup im surprised Vlad hasnt given him a 5 yr extension.

BYE BYE

Archived