Weiss playing the waiting game.

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/hearts-fc/2008/06/18/hearts-face-waiting-game-over-vladimir-weiss-bid-86908-20611652/

Hearts face waiting game over Vladimir Weiss bid

Jun 18 2008 Gary Ralston

HEARTS may be forced to wait until next month to appoint Vladimir Weiss as new boss.

The Artmedia Bratislava coach is trying the patience of Vladimir Romanov as he weighs up his next career move.

Weiss is wanted by Hearts but also features prominently on the list of candidates to be named new boss of the Slovakian national side.

Media reports in Slovakia last night claimed Weiss,43, is out of contract with Artmedia at the end of this month.

Slovakian FA officials will not discuss appointing a new boss until June 26.

It appears Weiss is keeping his options open.

He said: There's nothing new to report. I don't know who'll be my team next season but I'll inform the media as soon as I have news."

Dr. Bapswent
****** him then. Last thing we need is another botched up pre-season. We need someone is sharpish to clear the dead wood and bring in some quality.

You seem to react rather immediately to everything you read in the papers.

As far as I can tell, his quote is innocent and may not refer to this specific issue.

I believe he said something similar the other day.

And the other reason we may have no news yet is that his current boss has not allowed him to talk to Hearts, leaving him a bit stuck.

I also believe he has already said he would rather be at Hearts than in the National job.

Therefore it sounds like the Record are making something out of not much, and it would surprise me if we heard something by the end of the week.

:mad:

Have read the article in the Daily Record and if this Weiss character thinks he can play us off against another job then i'm wi H.A.N.S... fuc him!

This smacks of Mcghee only the fans wanted him... not many i've spoken to want this joker... the slovakian league is an inferior league to ours and I doubt the offer to manage the national side will be a better offer than ours... yet he expects us to wait a month for his answer!

Moronov... tell him to get tae fuc!

Another one bites the dust.

Dr. Bapswent
:mad:

Have read the article in the Daily Record and if this Weiss character thinks he can play us off against another job then i'm wi H.A.N.S... fuc him!

This smacks of Mcghee only the fans wanted him... not many i've spoken to want this joker... the slovakian league is an inferior league to ours and I doubt the offer to manage the national side will be a better offer than ours... yet he expects us to wait a month for his answer!

Moronov... tell him to get tae fuc!

Another one bites the dust.

Half the problem with the attitude of Hearts fans is they still don't learn not to take everything they read in the paper as true.

The above is a perfect example of the resulting reaction.

You seem to react rather immediately to everything you read in the papers.

As far as I can tell, his quote is innocent and may not refer to this specific issue.

I believe he said something similar the other day.

And the other reason we may have no news yet is that his current boss has not allowed him to talk to Hearts, leaving him a bit stuck.

I also believe he has already said he would rather be at Hearts than in the National job.

Therefore it sounds like the Record are making something out of not much, and it would surprise me if we heard something by the end of the week.

Contradicts the fact he was in Lithuania at the weekend, no Pete?

And if it's Record drivel why bother posting?

Dr. Bapswent
Contradicts the fact he was in Lithuania at the weekend, no Pete?

And if it's Record drivel why bother posting?

He was in Lithuania to hammer out a deal.

He was not able to simply accept it there and then.

Articles like this are posted because its of interest, just as the journalistic integrity needs to be taken into consideration.

Surely with your marketing degree you can understand such simple things.

The Old Tolbooth

If there is any truth in the Daily Record quote then we won't have to tell him where to go, because Vlad will, and that will leave us with Zygmantovich to be flown over to take over team duties which would be a complete disaster!

If this does transpire then Vlad has only himself to blame if the fans turn on him big time, he's made his own bed.

Lets just wait and see what comes of Weiss though before firing bullets.

Articles like this are posted because its of interest, just as the journalistic integrity needs to be taken into consideration.

So he went all the way to Lithuania to say I want x amount if I was to become boss but we can't discuss anything all because I don't have permission to talk to you?

Insania ;)

Victor Meldrew

I think it's important to remember that Hearts and the media are not the best of friends at the moment.

This is a report from a paper that only last week was reporting that Thor has got the job, and which HMFC were quite rude about as a result.

I doubt very much that they have much of an inside track on things, even if they have spoken to Weiss.

The only person who does seem to have decent insider knowledge is Mark Donaldson.

Dr. Bapswent
So he went all the way to Lithuania to say I want x amount if I was to become boss but we can't discuss anything all because I don't have permission to talk to you?

Insania ;)

No, he went to find out about the offer, discuss things, find out about the club, the team, meet the boss etc etc.

its generally part of the decision process and not as simple as how much do i get paid.

On Monday his current employer avoided discussing it with him, and left him stuck at Artmedia at the moment.

Its really rather simple for most.

Maybe a touch complicated for you.

Heh yeh, not really getting the whole 'can't talk to Hearts' bit when he already has been offered the job after talking to Hearts ;)

Give him till the end of the week at the very most, if still dithering tell him 'sorry too late'. He's not Mourinho or Ferguson, this is a big career jump for him and he should be leaping at it, not ho humming for the next month.

No, he went to find out about the offer, discuss things, find out about the club, the team, meet the boss etc etc.

its generally part of the decision process and not as simple as how much do i get paid.

On Monday his current employer avoided discussing it with him, and left him stuck at Artmedia at the moment.

Well that's a little bit different to saying his boss has not allowed him to talk to Hearts now isn't it?

Buffalo Bill

It's a bit like being in the waiting room in the dentist before a filling.

One never really looks forward to it, but at the same time you just want to get in there and have it done.

The Weiss appointment might be a let down to some but I'd just like this all to be over.

Buffalo Bill

Dr. Bapswent
Heh yeh, not really getting the whole 'can't talk to Hearts' bit when he already has been offered the job after talking to Hearts ;)

Give him till the end of the week at the very most, if still dithering tell him 'sorry too late'. He's not Mourinho or Ferguson, this is a big career jump for him and he should be leaping at it, not ho humming for the next month.

Ok i simplified the 'cant talk to hearts bit' but what I read in a previous article, in the Metro I think, was the fact that he agreed with Hearts (supposedly) and his current employer then did not choose discuss it with him, leaving him stuck at Artmedia just now.

I read that as him having the respect for his current club and boss to simply not just up sticks and walk, leaving them in the lurch. Id also put that down as a decent quality.

Ok i simplified the 'cant talk to hearts bit' but what I read in a previous article, in the Metro I think, was the fact that he agreed with Hearts (supposedly) and his current employer then did not choose discuss it with him, leaving him stuck at Artmedia just now.

I read that as him having the respect for his current club and boss to simply not just up sticks and walk, leaving them in the lurch. Id also put that down as a decent quality.

Sure, but what we need right now is a guy in the hot seat and preseason to kick off on time. Hopefully we can have that before Vlad kicks off on one and gives Ziggy the job.

Dr. Bapswent
Sure, but what we need right now is a guy in the hot seat and preseason to kick off on time. Hopefully we can have that before Vlad kicks off on one and gives Ziggy the job.

Of course.

I wouldn't let one article in the DR convince anyone otherwise that this may be happening soon.

Of course.

I wouldn't let one article in the DR convince anyone otherwise that this may be happening soon.

The only decent Daily Record is the one that keeps yer chips hot :)

You just seem to be contradicting yourself. You have started a thread with ?Weiss playing the waiting game?. A statement not a question. Posters react, you say do you believe everything in the papers? Are you just here for an argument? You clearly believe it as you have made a statement backed up with a link to the Daily Ranger. You then claim it could have gone all quiet as Weiss hasn?t been allowed to speak to Hearts but he clearly has because he?s met Vlad. You then backtrack to say he was there to discuss the team, meet the boss etc. The same guy who hasn?t even been allowed to talk to us yet :rolleyes:. You then backtrack again to say you meant it like he's not seen the Artmedia hierarchy to give us a decision, that's why it has went quiet but surely a man out of contract can say we'll have to wait until I speak to the Artmedia suits.

You need to get the six-pack back, bring out another ?hit? and avoid getting tangled in knots.

Dr. Bapswent
You just seem to be contradicting yourself. You have started a thread with ?Weiss playing the waiting game?. A statement not a question. Posters react, you say do you believe everything in the papers? Are you just here for an argument? You clearly believe it as you have made a statement backed up with a link to the Daily Ranger. You then claim it could have gone all quiet as Weiss hasn?t been allowed to speak to Hearts but he clearly has because he?s met Vlad. You then backtrack to say he was there to discuss the team, meet the boss etc. The same guy who hasn?t even been allowed to talk to us yet :rolleyes:. You then backtrack again to say you meant it like he's not seen the Artmedia hierarchy to give us a decision, that's why it has went quiet but surely a man out of contract can say we'll have to wait until I speak to the Artmedia suits.

You need to get the six-pack back, bring out another ?hit? and avoid getting tangled in knots.

I posted a link to an article.

I didn't even comment on it in the OP.

And your getting all emotional about it and making schoolyard remarks because you got shown up in a previous post. :wacko:

Hans von Luck
The only decent Daily Record is the one that keeps yer chips hot :)

Another rag as I said yesterday I would rather use a dochin leave to wipe ma erse that use that paper or the current bun.

With Shaggy allegedly being his Number 2 I am suddenly not fussy.

Shaggy was back at HW yesterday. :mad:

I posted a link to an article.

I didn't even comment on it in the OP.

And your getting all emotional about it and making schoolyard remarks because you got shown up in a previous post. :wacko:

An article you've made up a new title for :rolleyes:

So you must believe it? But when anyone else comments on it, it's a case of do you believe everything in the papers?

Whereas further down the page you start quoting from the well established sports page from the metro :)

Dr. Bapswent
An article you've made up a new title for :rolleyes:

So you must believe it? But when anyone else comments on it, it's a case of do you believe everything in the papers?

Whereas further down the page you start quoting from the well established sports page from the metro :)

I must believe it?

of course I do.....:wacko:

Now away and lie down, or do your homework. You clearly had too much sugar.

Dr. Bapswent
Shaggy was back at HW yesterday. :mad:

I don't get why Shaggy would be such a bad idea.

Surely a decent liaison with the players.

Something the new gaffer will require.

And also a decent liaison with the media too.

Half the problem with the attitude of Hearts fans is they still don't learn not to take everything they read in the paper as true.

The other half of the problem is fans like you haven't noticed that - WE DON'T HAVE A MANAGER YET, SIX MONTHS DOWN THE LINE, but hey keep giving Vlad loads of chances even though we can't attract ANYONE to the job now. The boy who runs my local 5 year old football team turned it down, because of Vlad Romanov :P

More to do with the perception of what Frail represents. The old guard and such. Better to have everyone cleared out and the new guy bringing in his own team.

Though the statement did say he'd have to work with Frail and Anatoli I'd say a lot of folk would have hoped for new blood throughout.

Dr. Bapswent
The other half of the problem is fans like you haven't noticed that - WE DON'T HAVE A MANAGER YET, SIX MONTHS DOWN THE LINE, but hey keep giving Vlad loads of chances even though we can't attract ANYONE to the job now. The boy who runs my local 5 year old football team turned it down, because of Vlad Romanov :P

Really, who are 'fans like me'.

The rest of what you said was just a noise.

Maroon Mayhem

So the facts appear to be he was in Lituania at the weekend and then back home to take training on the Monday. Apparently the chairman was "too busy" to discuss it with him so he's hung around until he does have time? Aye right!

My opinion is that he's stalling till it's clear what's happening with the national team job and then he'll do that in conjunction with the Artmedia gig.

Time to dust off back-up plan part deux methinks!

Dr. Bapswent
More to do with the perception of what Frail represents. The old guard and such. Better to have everyone cleared out and the new guy bringing in his own team.

Though the statement did say he'd have to work with Frail and Anatoli I'd say a lot of folk would have hoped for new blood throughout.

I agree, I think that would be a decent approach.

Dr. Bapswent
So the facts appear to be he was in Lituania at the weekend and then back home to take training on the Monday. Apparently the chairman was "too busy" to discuss it with him so he's hung around until he does have time? Aye right!

My opinion is that he's stalling till it's clear what's happening with the national team job and then he'll do that in conjunction with the Artmedia gig.

If he is only hanging around to speak to the Chairman, that surely wont take long and we would know something soon.

Sorry mate you are wrong. Bapswent who doesn't believe what he reads in the papers, read it in the Metro that the Artmedian chairman is leaving Weiss hanging and he's all packed ready for Gorgie.

Nothing personal against him but I don't want him as my Number 2 - I want a clean sweep.

However he did (until the split) do a decent job on and off the pitch but I feel his relationship with the players is too comfy.

Mind you - he might be manager for a while yet.

Jam Tarts 1874

I am a little concerned about this waiting for Weiss to come to a decision.

The Daily Ranker has taken it's information from the Slovakian news sources that reported this end of the month situation on their websites late yesterday afternoon. The semi-translated reports of what Weiss has been saying in Bratislava were posted here yesterday evening in the thread entitled: Weiss: At the moment nothing new.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18361#post328142

Perhaps we have more than one candidate, but if we have to wait until the first week in July for Weiss to make a decision it will be leaving us open to getting the bums rush again.

So why post the link?

Ron Burgundy
Nothing personal against him but I don't want him as my Number 2 - I want a clean sweep.

However he did (until the split) do a decent job on and off the pitch but I feel his relationship with the players is too comfy.

Mind you - he might be manager for a while yet.

I agree 100%.A clean break is best for all but Frail seems to be HMFC's stickey bogey.He's clinging on for dear life.

Dr. Bapswent
So why post the link?

Because its of interest.

And adults are generally intelligent and grown up enough to make up their own minds.

Because its of interest.

And adults are generally intelligent and grown up enough to make up their own minds.

Correct it is definitely of interest, we are all desperate for this to be sorted asap and any story related to this issue will be of some interest, you just have to weed out the s%%t bits! ;)

Denny Crane
Because its of interest.

Yet you posted it HERE!!!

(Sorry Baps - couldn't resist) ;)

Dr. Bapswent
Yet you posted it HERE!!!

(Sorry Baps - couldn't resist) ;)

;)

Somethinh just doesn't quite add up for me. At the weekend Weiss said he would be making his decision on Monday as to whether he would take the job. He was clearly implying he had been offered the job.

Now today he is saying: He said: There's nothing new to report. I don't know who'll be my team next season but I'll inform the media as soon as I have news.

I thought it was his decision?? sounds like he has not been offered the job afterall.

Dr. Bapswent
Somethinh just doesn't quite add up for me. At the weekend Weiss said he would be making his decision on Monday as to whether he would take the job. He was clearly implying he had been offered the job.

Now today he is saying: He said: There's nothing new to report. I don't know who'll be my team next season but I'll inform the media as soon as I have news.

I thought it was his decision?? sounds like he has not been offered the job afterall.

I don't think he can, or is prepared to walk away from the club without discussing it with them.

It seems the club are making having that discussion difficult.

Alternatively, the promises made in the papers were on his behalf and they are doing their usual spin?

Geoff Kilpatrick

We give him to Friday and if he's still procrastinating, it's game over. We can't afford another potential McGhee situation.

Captain Canada

We've probably got no interest in Weiss whatsoever, the papers seem to have license just to print anything they want. Some other candidate has probably already accepted the job and will take up the role as soon as he's out of prison or something. We basically have a week to get this sorted or it's utter shambles part 2 next season, with pre-season training consisting of somersaults, pyjamas and magic wands!

Another peice of pish from you. You actually know **** all more than the rest of us but as usual you are putting it across that you do.

Why don't you drop the superiority complex and get real. Its not the rest of us who are out of step its you with your belief that The arsehole at the top can produce a manager. You have spouted the same rubbish about patience and getting it right for months now. Even you must be having doubts that Romanov can get anybody to work wite him?

Jam Tarts 1874
We've probably got no interest in Weiss whatsoever

So why has he been speaking to Hearts? Maybe he is just trying to flog us some players then?

Archived