3 month scan

Lt.Speirs

The wife is going for her 3 month scan this afternoon, can`t wait but also nervous as we lost a wee one last year due to a misscarrige, my wee girl wants a wee sister or brother to keep her company now.

Better call Saul
The wife is going for her 3 month scan this afternoon, can`t wait but also nervous as we lost a wee one last year due to a misscarrige, my wee girl wants a wee sister or brother to keep her company now.

Hope everything is fine m8 , Scans at 3 months are a bit hazey pictures are a waste of time I can never make them out , BUT nervous time all the same;)

I P Knightley

Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Went through the same thing ourselves with the firstborn being aware that little brothers or sisters would be cool.

Agree with ScottyMacc that the pictures could be anything in my eyes but those sonographers know what they're doing. Ours became a family friend and told us recently that it was dead obvious what gender our boy was at one of the scans - could have been an octopus for all I could tell.

Midwife has told us the due date will be hogmanay looks like a quiet new year for us (might get our mugs in the paper as the first born of 2009)

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I've just been through the same.

Me and the girlfriend went for the 3 month scan at the end of May. She was actually only 11 weeks at the time, so as a pre-caution we have been asked to go back on the 26th June for a second scan.

It really was amazing watching the scan. The second one should be even better.

I can't wait.

aw the georgy mate! I have to say, I think it is ridiculous that you don't get more scans on the nhs. My wife was scanned everytime she went and we have something like 20+ scan photos of each of our kids (doesn't mean you can actually figure them out any clearer!). Anyway, hope all is well. :282:

As we are going to st.johns we only get one scan, if we want another, and after the last time we do we have to pay for it which could be anything from ?70 to ?200

I P Knightley
As we are going to st.johns we only get one scan, if we want another, and after the last time we do we have to pay for it which could be anything from ?70 to ?200

With a prior miscarriage on your records, you should be able to state a case for more than one scan.

We argued that the reassurance of a healthy scan would help the mother to relax and, therefore, reduce blood pressure and make for a healthy environment for the baby. We were given early scans, 6/7 weeks, and (iirc) fortnightly after the first up until about 22 weeks. The wife was nearly see-through by the end! (Hence making friends with the sonographer.)

Must have been a baby boom in March, two of my mates' missus' had their 12 week scans yesterday and the day before.

Better call Saul

Trying not to take anything away from the Thread topic.:)

.has anyone had a scan done normally after the 3 month scan

(& normally for medical reason's) and asked what the baby's sex is ?, The reason I ask is that I believe that the ERI wont tell you the sex yet St John do:sad: as we have been informed twice but often wondered why

With a prior miscarriage on your records, you should be able to state a case for more than one scan.

We argued that the reassurance of a healthy scan would help the mother to relax and, therefore, reduce blood pressure and make for a healthy environment for the baby. We were given early scans, 6/7 weeks, and (iirc) fortnightly after the first up until about 22 weeks. The wife was nearly see-through by the end! (Hence making friends with the sonographer.)

Thanks for that, will speak to the hospital this afternoon, as my wife had a prior misscarriage i thought at least we would get one more. My little girl was born in the kirkcaldy hospital (can`t remember it`s name) and they had two scans as standard so i suppose it can vary from area to area

Jambo Forever

My girlfriend had her last scan done at a place just off Shandwick place. It wasnt through NHS so had to pay ?150 but I have to say its worth every penny. You can also buy a DVD of the scan. However if your like us and dont want to know the sex, i wouldnt reccomend the DVD

I'll never for get our 3 month scan.

The wee thing must have been about the size of a plum but there she was, lying in the womb with her hands behind her head. You could see it so clearly on the screen.

I gret like a big bairn.

Amazing.

All the best.

The Old Tolbooth
Midwife has told us the due date will be hogmanay looks like a quiet new year for us (might get our mugs in the paper as the first born of 2009)

Now that's just bad planning mate :P

I remember when I went to the scans with my ex wife and I looked at the screen and said, that's my boy! The nurse said, that's an arm Mr Mitchell, 6 months later we had a girl so she must have been right :confused:

Hope everything goes well for you both mate and keep us posted over xmas and new year as to events :)

Jaap's Sigh

Good luck with the scan Soldier of Fortune. I'm sure all will be fine.

I'm actually going to St Johns with my wife tomorrow for our 3 month scan too! Will be our first and am really looking forward to it. Don't know what to expect so you can fill me in on the details. (how long it takes etc.)

Lummy

:)

Trying not to take anything away from the Thread topic.:)

.has anyone had a scan done normally after the 3 month scan

(& normally for medical reason's) and asked what the baby's sex is ?, The reason I ask is that I believe that the ERI wont tell you the sex yet St John do:sad: as we have been informed twice but often wondered why

I believe this is due to people being told they are having a particular sex, tehm spending a fortune on blue/pink room and accessories only to find out on the day that it was wrong! Happened to a couple of friends of mine! :rolleyes:

Evening everyone

Scan went fine saw it wriggling about, makes everything in the world pale into insignificance, due date has changed though DEC 23RD going to be a busy xmas, thanks for all the well wishes.

time for a beer

Good luck with the scan Soldier of Fortune. I'm sure all will be fine.

I'm actually going to St Johns with my wife tomorrow for our 3 month scan too! Will be our first and am really looking forward to it. Don't know what to expect so you can fill me in on the details. (how long it takes etc.)

Lummy

:)

Hi Lummy good luck tomorrow

usually lasts about 15min, wait to you see it on the scan, apart from the birth it`s one of the best feeling in life especially when you see its little fingers there like little dots. Your wife will probably know this already but drink as much water before she goes as a fuller bladder gives a better scan.

You should get 3 little pictures to take home

enjoy the experience

Stuart Lyon

SoF - hope it goes well and for you too Lummy. My wife and I lost our second so know how it feels.

hope all goes well to all those expecting

my wife and I suffered our third miscarriage in a row back in January (all before 3 months), still hoping it'll happen for us one day.

That's gayness eh? When the wife and I lived in Edinburgh we were expecting our first child, it was the same, but we moved to Dunfermline (now expecting the 2nd) and you get the 20week one as standard over here. Stupid NHS Lothian.

Wife's having a home birth this time after losing trust in hospitals following a suspicious case of illness that swept through the maternity ward at Simpsons (nearly every baby wasn't well and a couple had to spend time in special care, including our wee boy).

Hope all goes well mate.

hope all goes well to all those expecting

my wife and I suffered our third miscarriage in a row back in January (all before 3 months), still hoping it'll happen for us one day.

Hope it works out for you and the missus

I P Knightley
Evening everyone

Scan went fine saw it wriggling about, makes everything in the world pale into insignificance, due date has changed though DEC 23RD going to be a busy xmas, thanks for all the well wishes.

time for a beer

Phew!

Was a wee bit trepidatious about opening the thread to see how you'd got on. Many mixed memories... but I've now got 3 very happy ones!!

I expect, if it's a boy, you'll call him Ivan in honour of putting me through it today?

Middle name?

Ach.... enjoy the rest of the pregnancy.

When are you going to tell the big sister? There's a few good books out there for kids who are expecting little siblings. Can't remember any of the names of them so I'm no help to you at all.

Phew!

Was a wee bit trepidatious about opening the thread to see how you'd got on. Many mixed memories... but I've now got 3 very happy ones!!

I expect, if it's a boy, you'll call him Ivan in honour of putting me through it today?

Middle name?

Ach.... enjoy the rest of the pregnancy.

When are you going to tell the big sister? There's a few good books out there for kids who are expecting little siblings. Can't remember any of the names of them so I'm no help to you at all.

told her already she wants a sister, so i said to her she will take your make up and steal your clothes, she just gave me a look as that will be right

if its a boy i was going to call it luke sky as my last name is fowler but my wife and social services would have something to say about it.

cheers

Jaap's Sigh
Hi Lummy good luck tomorrow

usually lasts about 15min, wait to you see it on the scan, apart from the birth it`s one of the best feeling in life especially when you see its little fingers there like little dots. Your wife will probably know this already but drink as much water before she goes as a fuller bladder gives a better scan.

You should get 3 little pictures to take home

enjoy the experience

I will mate. Thanks for the info. Will mention the full bladder thing to my wife, but think you're right. She's well read on the subject already.

Glad all went well for you today.

Stuart Lyon and Hunts - sorry to hear for your loss. Thanks for the support and hope all works out for both of you.:sad:

chester copperpot

The 3 month scan is great, whacked me straight in the face though that I was about to be a father, and all the mucking the missus about had to stop and I'd have to start acting like an adult for the first time in my life.

Fair enough, I still have lapses, but its the best thing that will ever happen to you's.

Good luck to everyone who's mentioned having a kid on this thread. BTW, the first 6 weeks are a piece of pish, its when the babies start getting more demanding that they start being hard work. Have a (nearly) 7 year old and a 2 and half year old, best things ever to happen to me.

Stuart Lyon

Lummy thanks. It was a wee while ago (I'm an auld barsteward) first born is only 21 and he doesn't miss (as far as I know) having a wee sister or brother to bully or look after! :) Not looking for an sympathy here but apparently I was one of twins but my brother or sister was stillborn. By the looks of me in baby photos I ate part of her or him in the womb! You got to laugh.

Stuart Lyon

Guys just a thought - I hope those who haven't experienced it please be at the birth! You will never forget it. Ours was a bit troublesome i.e. they kept saying everything is alright but over the crucial last 3 hours we had about four or five different doctors involved before my son was born.

New Guys - please bear in mind that the whole birth experience is probably the most beautiful but undignified experience our partner will have so be brave. and don 't fall over.

Archived