Hearts stick it up the old firm big style

david mcgee

david mcgee

Another Romanov manifesto promise which has proved to be garbage.

" The old firm will no longer be able to get our players on the cheap"

Pressley..... free

Hartley...... ?1 million

Webster.....?160,000

Velicka.......?1 million

When Romanov first arrived he had the old firm and the Glasgow press absolutely keekin themselves.

Now they just laugh their freekin heads off.

Any threat we posed to their dominance died long ago, they have probably gone backwards but all they have to do to beat Hearts is wait on Vlad self destructing.

:confused:

Ryan Gosling

Hey genius, only one of those players was signed by the Old Firm from Hearts - and he's the one we got the best deal on.

Only one of those players went directly to the Old Firm and we got a good price for him.

How can Romanov have any control over which teams players sign for the Old Firm after they have left us?

david mcgee
Hey genius, only one of those players was signed by the Old Firm from Hearts - and he's the one we got the best deal on.

Hey genius,

Webster wouldnt have ended up at Rangers for ?160,000 if Romanov hadnt chosen to treat him in the Brellier, Tall manner.

Hey genius,

Velicka wouldnt have ended up at Rangers for a million if our esteemed owner had not chosen to flog our only capable striker mid season on the cheap.

Hey genius,

Webster wouldnt have ended up at Rangers for ?160,000 if Romanov hadnt chosen to treat him in the Brellier, Tall manner.

Hey genius,

Velicka wouldnt have ended up at Rangers for a million if our esteemed owner had not chosen to flog our only capable striker mid season on the cheap.

Hey genius,

The Webster case was the first one to happen in such a way. No-one was to know that Webster would be able to leave us in the way that he did

Hey genius,

Romanov sold Velicka to a Norwegian club. He cannot be held responsible for Velicka moving to Rangers.

Bye genius. :)

Zali Cinnamon
Hey genius,

Hey genius,

Nor would he have caught Rangers' attention at all had our 'esteemed owner' not brought him over in the first place, having given HMFC some decent service in the meantime, fellow genii.

Ray Winstone
Hey genius,

Hey genius,

Oh dear - just choosing to ignore your own post then?

Romanov did say he was not going to sell on the cheap to the old firm and he has not.

Pressley was not sold he was released from his contract.

Webster chose to leave the club and signed for Wigan.

Velicka was sold for almost 1 million quid to Viking - Not the OF.

Hartley was actually sold to the OF but for a decent price.

You stated in your origional post that he 'manifesto' was broken because he had sold them on the cheap to the old firm - which is just wrong.

He did not promise not to treat the players like sh*t.

david mcgee

Romanov did say he was not going to sell on the cheap to the old firm and he has not.

You stated in your origional post that he 'manifesto' was broken because he had sold them on the cheap to the old firm - which is just wrong.

I dont really give a flying **** how these players ended up at the old firm.

The fact is they have, and not for a lot of money.

Hibs have been more successful in getting top dollar for their players from the old firm.

Has loosing these players made us stronger or weaker?

Ray Winstone

Hibs have been more successful in getting top dollar for their players from the old firm.

So you started a thread about how angry you were about Romanov selling players on the cheap to the old firm.

Now you say you dont care how they ended up at the old firm?

We have only sold Hartley to the old firm in recent times and we got a good price for him - Hibs have sold more players to the old firm and also go decent prices.

We sold Craig Gordon to sunderland for 9million - game, set and match to Hearts on that one I would say.

Now go and take some valium and calm the feck down before you make an even bigger erse of yourself.

Sheriff Fatman

Christ, we better start locking up all our players into lifetime contracts with no get out clauses, just in case they move to the Old Firm after going to another team.

Ray Winstone
Christ, we better start locking up all our players into lifetime contracts with no get out clauses, just in case they move to the Old Firm after going to another team.

I personally blame Romanov for letting David Weir, Neil McCann and Paul Ritchie for going to the old firm.

Infact Niemi should never have been allowed there before he came to Hearts and dont even get me started on the Dave Mcpherson fiasco.

Romanov GTF.

Charlie-Brown

What price did Celtic bid for Hartley in January 2005? For what price was he eventually sold in January 2007 after a further 2 great years service?

The bottom 6 SPL / first division striker that many on here would have you believe Velicka was has just been sold twice for a combined fee of more than ?1.5M in a 4 month period..........

Webster used an untried FIFA rule to break his contract and we got compensation after the player signed for WIGAN......although there is Rangers & JJB suspicions all over this shenanigans.

What price did Celtic bid for Hartley in January 2005? For what price was he eventually sold in January 2007 after a further 2 great years service?

The bottom 6 SPL / first division striker that many on here would have you believe Velicka was has just been sold twice for a combined fee of more than ?1.5M in a 4 month period..........

Webster used an untried FIFA rule to break his contract and we got compensation after the player signed for WIGAN......although there is Rangers & JJB suspicions all over this shenanigans.

Do not let facts get in the way of a rant about Romanov. What I don't understand is that there are plenty of things for people to criticise Romanov for but they still insist on blaming him for every single thing that has happened to us or our ex-players since he came in.

Pressley..... free

Hartley...... ?1 million

Webster.....?160,000

Velicka.......?1 million

When Romanov first arrived he had the old firm and the Glasgow press absolutely keekin themselves.

Any threat we posed to their dominance died long ago, they have probably gone backwards but all they have to do to beat Hearts is wait on Vlad self destructing.

Pressley.....was released from his contract

Hartley......Had CR been in charge we would have accepted the $250k originally offered. Instead we got a fair price as a result of a new deal being signed.

Webster......Is a complete tool and was going to leave regardless.

Velicka.......$1M for him is a fair price. What do you think he was worth?

david mcgee
Do not let facts get in the way of a rant about Romanov. What I don't understand is that there are plenty of things for people to criticise Romanov for but they still insist on blaming him for every single thing that has happened to us or our ex-players since he came in.

Okay, i hear what your saying.

Its not the players fault that they can sign for the old firm through the back door. ( cheaper than they ever did)

Its certainly not Romanovs fault, because you say so.

So, do Heart of Midlothian threaten the old firm dominance?

Has Romanov put them in their place?

Ray Winstone

Its not the players fault that they can sign for the old firm through the back door. ( cheaper than they ever did)

So you are saying that its Romanov's fault if they end up at the old firm even after they no longer belong to Hearts?

You are a bit of a muppet if you really believe that.

Did you just log on tonight to cause a bit of trouble and be a bit 'controversial'?

Charlie-Brown

He has stopped SELLING our players to them on the cheap - if they can find underhand ways to get our players via other clubs how is that preventable?

Romanov stopped Celtic getting Hartley for 2 years when they first bid for him and made them pay a much higher price than they initially bid.

He's also reduced their ticket quota's at tynecastle so there is less of those fiends polluting our stadium with their unique filth on matchdays.

he may not have put them in their place but he has given the bullies a couple of black eyes.

"Because you say so". How childish can you get? Tell me how I'm wrong.

The rest of your post is irrelevant. You started a thread about how it was Romanov's fault that we'd lost players to the Old Firm not about how Hearts currently compare to the Old Firm.

Edit: I realise now that you did actually talk about the Old Firm dominance etc.

david mcgee
So you are saying that its Romanov's fault if they end up at the old firm even after they no longer belong to Hearts?

You are a bit of a muppet if you really believe that.

Did you just log on tonight to cause a bit of trouble and be a bit 'controversial'?

Its called debate.

Calling people muppets is more likely to cause trouble and be "controversial".

Your point of view is equally valid.

Thing is had Romanov not acted the way he had,we would still have Pressley,Hartley,Webster and Velicka and a lot of other players also.He has got rid of the good players and kept the dross IMO

Thing is had Romanov not acted the way he had,we would still have Pressley,Hartley,Webster and Velicka and a lot of other players also.He has got rid of the good players and kept the dross IMO

If Romanov had never been here then we would have lost all of our best players sooner and for less money. We would also never have had Velicka and others.

Jam Tarts 1874
If Romanov had never been here then we would have lost all of our best players sooner and for less money. We would also never have had Velicka and others.

Yes, can't imagine that the Pieman would have got so much for Gordon for instance.

Webster would have ended up leaving for nothing anyway and Romanov is certainly not the only owner to put pressure on contract rebels. Look at what Ferguson said about Ronaldo - he openly said that the Glaziers would put Ronaldo on the bench permanently. Pressley deserved to be sacked IMHO and it's not as if Celtic got much out of him. We got a good return on Hartley, we got the best of him before he got the move he wanted. As for Velicka, well I don't think he will be doing much at Rangers.

Pressley..... free

Hartley...... ?1 million

Webster.....?160,000

Velicka.......?1 million

Wow...I mean wow...you actually wrote that and wanted to be taken seriously?

Pressley.....was released from his contract

Hartley......Had CR been in charge we would have accepted the $250k originally offered. Instead we got a fair price as a result of a new deal being signed.

Webster......Is a complete tool and was going to leave regardless.

Velicka.......$1M for him is a fair price. What do you think he was worth?

Pressley - shouldnt have been released

Hartley - fair enough

Webster - fair enough

Velicka - 'we' only got 500k for him. Viking got 1 million :rolleyes:

He can't afford to keep players of that sort of level.

I don't think that VR has done too badly with regards players leaving. Those that have left have went for decent-ish transfers.

The problem is that he has sold the best and kept the rubbish.

Guest JamboRobbo
He has stopped SELLING our players to them on the cheap - if they can find underhand ways to get our players via other clubs how is that preventable?

So you're basically you're saying he's made no difference. If our players want to go to the OF, they will, just like always.

I'd say overall, he's done fairly well on the selling of some players, and fairly badly on the selling of others.

But coming out with bs statements like "we won't sell to the OF" just make him sound like an idiot, because it's been proven to be a load of rubbish.

So you're basically you're saying he's made no difference. If our players want to go to the OF, they will, just like always.

I'd say overall, he's done fairly well on the selling of some players, and fairly badly on the selling of others.

But coming out with bs statements like "we won't sell to the OF" just make him sound like an idiot, because it's been proven to be a load of rubbish.

Rather than just looking at the words, i always took his words to mean that no longer will we jump when the old-firm come calling for our players as we used to do, instead we will sell players on our terms and when we want.

I take it you voting in a poll that you will not renew your season ticket (there was an option for 'don't know') and now that you have, makes you sound like an idiot also and that you have been proved to talk a load of rubbish?

WeeToonJambo
Rather than just looking at the words, i always took his words to mean that no longer will we jump when the old-firm come calling for our players as we used to do, instead we will sell players on our terms and when we want.

I take it you voting in a poll that you will not renew your season ticket (there was an option for 'don't know') and now that you have, makes you sound like an idiot also and that you have been proved to talk a load of rubbish?

Well spotted, Gambo. We all say and do things and, for a variety of reasons, eventually say or do something different. It's the way of the world. Unfortunately, for some, Vlad isn't allowed to be like the rest of us and is castigated for it.

Drylaw Hearts

Pressley..... free

Hartley...... ?1 million

Webster.....?160,000

Velicka.......?1 million

Terrible post.

What a weird thread. And inaccurate. But hey...

The problem isn't that we sold them, or what they were sold for....it's the fact that they weren't replaced with players of equal quality.

Guest JamboRobbo

Silly me for reading the words and taking them to mean what they said.

I'll bet you thought the statement that our new manager "preferably with british experience" meant that british experience wasn't really a big deal either way.

Thats true to an extent. The difference of course being, that I was talking about myself, and I'm only responsible for being honest to myself. My personal choices do not effect all Hearts supporters.

Vlad is talking about Hearts, and firstly, he has a responsibility to be careful about what he says to Hearts supporters so as to not accidently mislead, and secondly, he has a responsiblity to be honest with Hearts supporters.

He's a long way from doing either IMO. No doubt you'll see it differently though.

Guest JamboRobbo
Vlad isn't allowed to be like the rest of us and is castigated for it.

Hearts owner makes poor decisions, Hearts owner gets stick from Hearts supporters. What is the problem?

King of the North
Well spotted, Gambo. We all say and do things and, for a variety of reasons, eventually say or do something different. It's the way of the world. Unfortunately, for some, Vlad isn't allowed to be like the rest of us and is castigated for it.

Thing is, whether JamboRobbo remnews his season ticket r not doesn't really make much difference to me. No offence to him, I've never met him, I think I share many of his views, but I really don't care whether he has a season ticket or not.

The difference is that Vlad saying one thing then not doing it makes a fecking huge difference to me, and to all of us. If he is going to make promises about my football club, our football club, then fail to deliver (as he has repeatedly) then yes, he deserves to be castigated for it, big time.

Trouble is, I don't think many people have the will to even castigate him any more - the show is fecked, the club is fecked. I can't be ersed even getting angry any more, far less with anyone insane enough to still defend him.

having read through the original post and replies I must admit there are truths on both sides of the arguement but if you think that in a happy ship like we had initially when Burley arrived and with the amount of money floating about at that period then if the playing side of things had been left to it the likes of Pressley, Hartley even Gordon and Scakel may never have wanted to leave. I know football is a business and players have a shelf life and a time comes when you let a player go for the greater good. Hartley for example at over 30 and getting 1.2m? for him I thought was ok as I did believe his best days were behind him but he has proved me wrong and has also handled himself with dignity. Velicka on the other hand just plain annoys me (not him the selling on and ending up at Rangers). Sorry if it offends some but I think I agree with the OP cos without all this $h!tt most of these players and ultimately the team would still be with us. Webster excepted who appears to have wanted to go under any circumstances. No I defended Vlad on the McGhee thing but this is down to him and ultimately the OF have just found other ways of gettin there hands on our players by utilising Vlads lack of people skills

The People's Chimp

I got about 6 posts down and thought that I could carry on reading or i could bang my head off the desk repeatedly. I chose the less painful option and now have a bit of keyboard stuck in my forehead. tant mieux.

At the end of the day; the main point about VR's single handed and mindless destruction of what was an incredibly viable and exciting project has to stand. The guy has royally fecked it up. You have to accept that, regardless of any semantic or pedantic discussion over who exactly got what from who and when...

i may be wrong here guys, but did we not get feck all for velicka as he was only on loan to us and it was kaunas that got the dosh ??

Cut The Crap

In the end, whether our majority shareholder is a moustachioed purveyor of pastries or a vertically-challenged Lithuanian bully, it seems our players will always end up at the Old Firm for less than they are worth.

Well done, Vlad. You really showed them.

Plus ca change...

Guest S.U.S.S.

That right, dont worry about the facts and how things really happened, just rant away.:wacko:;)

In the end, whether our majority shareholder is a moustachioed purveyor of pastries or a vertically-challenged Lithuanian bully, it seems our players will always end up at the Old Firm for less than they are worth.

Well done, Vlad. You really showed them.

Plus ca change...

There's an important difference, though.

CPR sold at the first whiff of an offer, however derisory.

VR, for all his faults and craziness, has never done that.

The OF, as we all know too well, exert a gravitational pull in Scottish football. Young Scottish players too often think that signing for one of them is the pinnacle of their careers. The OF, of course, are well aware of this. Hence Rangers' offering less money for Berra than was already on the table from Wolves. They rely on pester power to get them the players they want.

VR cannot be blamed for players like Webster wanting to sign for Rangers. In fact, it was the club's refusal to let him talk to them that caused him to spit the dummy in the first place.

I was under the impression that Kaunas got all the money for Velika. Was there also not some question marks where the Gordon transfer money ended up.

I may be wrong but the finances at Hearts are just as confusing as team matters.

Does it matter if Romanov didn't sell these players directly to the OF they still ended up there on the cheap(apart from Hartley). Contrast with the way Hibs were able to squeeze ?4m out of Rangers for two very average players in Thompson and Whittaker while Celtic had to pay way over the odds for Scott Brown. I doubt they wanted to sell these players to the OF either but they were smarter and got good prices for their players.

So at the end of the day Romanov's attitude to the OF generally was counter productive. His stance may have held favour with some of the support for a while but the OF are the only two teams with money in Scotland and in the absence of teams from England beating down the door the OF Aare always going to get the player in the end.

Ryan Gosling
I was under the impression that Kaunas got all the money for Velika. Was there also not some question marks where the Gordon transfer money ended up.

I may be wrong but the finances at Hearts are just as confusing as team matters.

Only on buildingmydriveway.net

Pressley..... free

Hartley...... ?1 million

Webster.....?160,000

Velicka.......?1 million

peebles.jpg

Guest casper
Does it matter if Romanov didn't sell these players directly to the OF they still ended up there on the cheap(apart from Hartley). Contrast with the way Hibs were able to squeeze ?4m out of Rangers for two very average players in Thompson and Whittaker while Celtic had to pay way over the odds for Scott Brown. I doubt they wanted to sell these players to the OF either but they were smarter and got good prices for their players.

So at the end of the day Romanov's attitude to the OF generally was counter productive. His stance may have held favour with some of the support for a while but the OF are the only two teams with money in Scotland and in the absence of teams from England beating down the door the OF Aare always going to get the player in the end.

Spot on.

He could have got ?1M for Webster and ended up getting ?160k less god knows how much in lawyers fees and the boy still ended up in Glasgow. Lessons learned I hope.

rudi must stay
Hey genius,

The Webster case was the first one to happen in such a way. No-one was to know that Webster would be able to leave us in the way that he did

Hey genius,

Romanov sold Velicka to a Norwegian club. He cannot be held responsible for Velicka moving to Rangers.

Bye genius. :)

well if we hadn't treated him like crap maybe he wouldn't have wanted to leave at all

well if we hadn't treated him like crap maybe he wouldn't have wanted to leave at all

Do you want to expand on that point or is that it? You've won the argument?

rudi must stay
Do you want to expand on that point or is that it? You've won the argument?

he rejects the contract, Romanov says fine. We win the cup, get 2nd in the league. Chances are he would have signed a new contract and stayed. We went about it in totally the wrong way

I don't think that VR has done too badly with regards players leaving. Those that have left have went for decent-ish transfers.

The problem is that he has sold the best and kept the rubbish.

I agree with the above

Romanov has done well, only to waste it on dross, that he refuses to put in the team.

As for selling the best, that trend will continue for the forseable.

Bad news is mostly to our detirement.

he rejects the contract, Romanov says fine. We win the cup, get 2nd in the league. Chances are he would have signed a new contract and stayed. We went about it in totally the wrong way

I don't agree that he would have signed a new contract and decided to stay.

Archived