New shirt sponsor

pennyjambo22

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Really? Seems like a ****ing steal to me. Exposure to millions of people, taking up space on one of the world’s oldest professional football club’s strips? Personally I think we sell the right far too cheaply.

I'd be delighted to get that much, good luck to them finding someone who'll pay it!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ManMoth said:

I'd be delighted to get that much, good luck to them finding someone who'll pay it!

That in itself is just crazy then. If a guaranteed 20k p/w exposure live, plus millions through media coverage to appear on one of the world’s oldest professional football club’s official garb is considered worth less than 100k p/a, then somewhere along the line, we have been stitched up. 

11 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Really? Seems like a ****ing steal to me. Exposure to millions of people, taking up space on one of the world’s oldest professional football club’s strips? Personally I think we sell the right far too cheaply.

It’s a bit like threads on tv rights. You can only sell it for what folks are prepared to pay, rightly or wrongly. 

5 hours ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Good.  If only because Scott Wilson saying "Hearts main sponsors this season are Strongbow, the UK's number one cider..." is one of the odd standout memories of going to games when I was younger.

Ditto!!

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s a bit like threads on tv rights. You can only sell it for what folks are prepared to pay, rightly or wrongly. 

:spoton:

without putting too fine a point on it though, Budge has removed us from the market for a couple of years and at the same time resisted offers from companies that she doesn’t deem fitting for our club. This has helped drive up the sort of figure that a prospective company should be expected to stump up for that beautiful and ancient blank/maroon canvass.

Too many people totally underestimate the value of the deal we did with parties unknown and StC.

I wish more of our own supporters were able to see the value of our club. It saddens me greatly.

4 hours ago, martoon said:

We won't have to drink it, will we? 

:boak:

Better than the shite called Magners, watered down with shitloads of ice. 

As for sponsorship, go with the money. 

zoltan socrates
5 hours ago, Sarah O said:

What happened to Golden Wonder? 

Heard it was them with Pot Noodle.

Pies an outside bet. 

Golden wonder havent done pot noodle for years, they do the nations noodle

im all for pies though

PhoenixHearts

Love the old Strongbow sponsor. Shame the drink itself is absolute pigswill.

No, give me a 3 litre of Frosty Jacks any day. I'm classy like that. A man of refined palate.

4 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Maybe we can persuade Apple to sponsor us. That would t least keep the cider connection.

3 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Good idea Beatles songs before and at halftime with appropriate songs play when  a goal scored . Now that would be Something I'm sure We Can Work It Out! ;)

Does that mean we will have to employ a high pressing game?

I'll get my coat 

Blackford Hearts
3 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

The Chunky Chicken Champions

Still got the Hearts song single with Marshalls the Chunky Chicken Champions advert all through it!

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

That in itself is just crazy then. If a guaranteed 20k p/w exposure live, plus millions through media coverage to appear on one of the world’s oldest professional football club’s official garb is considered worth less than 100k p/a, then somewhere along the line, we have been stitched up. 

I don't see it that way, Scottish football isn't an attractive prospect and frankly very very few people outside the Lothians care about Hearts, even if the club is really old and glorious. 

The club will charge as much as they can get away with, and if they find someone to pay 8 grand a week I'll applaud them, but I can't see it

Just now, ManMoth said:

I don't see it that way, Scottish football isn't an attractive prospect and frankly very very few people outside the Lothians care about Hearts, even if the club is really old and glorious. 

The club will charge as much as they can get away with, and if they find someone to pay 8 grand a week I'll applaud them, but I can't see it

Mental. :rofl:

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Mental. :rofl:

No, it's a reasonable opinion based on what's gone before - the STC deal was a philanthropic one, not the new norm. 

But I guess we'll see won't we?

fabienleclerq
7 minutes ago, ManMoth said:

After a quick scan Southampton pulled in £1m and Bournemouth £750k so I think we'd be doing not bad at £400k given the EPL exposure. 

That was 2015

just found this http://www.themag.co.uk/2017/07/revealed-value-premier-league-clubs-shirt-sponsorship-201718-season-newcastle-united/

Just now, ManMoth said:

No, it's a reasonable opinion based on what's gone before - the STC deal was a philanthropic one, not the new norm. 

But I guess we'll see won't we?

Basing things on what’s gone before is exactly the sort of thing that has cemented us where we were for so long.

thankfully Ann is all about progress.

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Dunks said:

I'd be happy with backing from the Heineken group, even if they did bring about the end of proper Diggers Heavy.

It was still S&N at the time as far as I can remember.

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was still S&N at the time as far as I can remember.

You are quite correct PfK!

S&N closed Fountain Brewery in 2005 with the Heineken/Carlsberg takeover not taking place until 2008 :thumbsup: 

10 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Bought over by Grampian Foods.

But still...

C9JGmNRWAAA-k2C.jpg

Tell you what...remove that marshalls chicken logo and that's one messed up outfit. 

1 minute ago, Angry Haggis said:

Tell you what...remove that marshalls chicken logo and that's one messed up outfit. 

If I ever get brutally murdered, it’ll probably be by someone wearing that. Probably someone who’s had an account on here at some point.

Bazzas right boot

We should get strips like F1 driver's.

Why have 1 sponsor on the strip when you can have 148.

Let me speak to Ann, I'll have us raking in more than man utd. 

Even shave a sponsor into each players head.

The Treasurer
20 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I think the then Strongbow marketing manager was a Hearts supporter. Can’t see the attraction for them now but you never know. 

Correct.

Although he was not from Edinburgh he had always been a Hearts fan and couldn't believe his luck when Strongbow linked up with Hearts.

I'm sure he's retired now though.

I'm hearing there is a strong(bow) possibility of this partnership being renewed but it's early days.

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, Dunks said:

You are quite correct PfK!

S&N closed Fountain Brewery in 2005 with the Heineken/Carlsberg takeover not taking place until 2008 :thumbsup: 

Heineken and Carlsberg are two entirely different companies

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Heineken and Carlsberg are two entirely different companies

I know. They formed a consortium to bid for and eventually take over S&N though, then split the assets between them.

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Dunks said:

I know. They formed a consortium to bid for and eventually take over S&N though, then split the assets between them.

Wrong, but lets not take the thread off topic

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

On 31 March 2008, shareholders approved the £7.8 billion takeover by Heineken and Carlsberg. The acquisition was completed on 29 April 2008 as S&N's shares were delisted from the London Stock Exchange.

:ninja:

Very nostalgic.

Although our intentions are admirable regarding certain types of sponsors, i would be happy with an alcoholic drink on the shirt again. The Scottish football market means that only betting companies and brewers would be happy to put in what we would deem a significant investment.

A lot on hear would have to retract their faux disgust over the vermin's sposors mind you. Or keep up the charade while the rest of us see what's best for business.

The strongbow logo is a favourite though and looks good on all shirts.

The club should be looking to maximise its income, if that means a new sponsorship deal then I'm all for it.

14 minutes ago, Walrus said:

2i0t1cm.jpg

I had that Kit when the manufacturer was Asics, loved it and wouldn't be against its return.

12 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I had that Kit when the manufacturer was Asics, loved it and wouldn't be against its return.

I have an Asics one which I sometimes still wear to Tynie. 

You would think perhaps having a bigger stadium might lead to a more lucrative sponsor? 

I think part of the problem is we don't have confidence in ourselves. Too many people saying we'd be lucky to get XYZ. Scotland has the highest attendance per capita in europe so that means that fans are far more engaged with the product meaning that sponsors will be paid more attention to. 

So many people falling over themselves to degenerate the product under the illusion of being 'realistic'. Scotland football wise has a lot going for it and deserves sponsorship at least in line with similar sized countries. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

You would think perhaps having a bigger stadium might lead to a more lucrative sponsor? 

I think part of the problem is we don't have confidence in ourselves. Too many people saying we'd be lucky to get XYZ. Scotland has the highest attendance per capita in europe so that means that fans are far more engaged with the product meaning that sponsors will be paid more attention to. 

So many people falling over themselves to degenerate the product under the illusion of being 'realistic'. Scotland football wise has a lot going for it and deserves sponsorship at least in line with similar sized countries. 

For a national brand TV coverage is more important than number of supporters a club has. 

Arnold Rothstein
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Not wrong. Absolutely spot on. 

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:49, bajthejambo said:

I'd say because away kits represent an opportunity to do something different. For supporters of a certain age that original kit is remembered fondly and it would be nice to see a throwback with the sponsor of the time. We've had an Ajax inspired kit for the same reasons and I don't believe we have any ties to them?

The candy stripe away kit from the period was also a favourite of mine.

Also one of mine - it was white and maroon.

Gene Parmesan

The Wonga deal was reported as being into seven figures http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hearts-extend-sponsorship-deal-with-wonga-1-2862351 but that seems far-fetched to me. Maybe over the course of the three years it may have broke the £1m barrier.

I recall being told the breakdown of the Save The Children deal is £500,000 a year - half to Hearts, half to STC - paid by one of our benefactors.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:47, Erik said:

1998051603.jpg

Now THAT is how a Hearts away kit should look.  Classic white with maroon trim and shorts!

PhoenixHearts

Worth mentioning that Strongbow's logo is totally different these days and wouldn't look half as good.:sad:

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Now THAT is how a Hearts away kit should look.  Classic white with maroon trim and shorts!

Correct.

Our away strip should ALWAYS be the reverse of the home kit.

Not blue, not pink , not yellow or any other fecking colour

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Life would be complete if strongbow return. They are the only hearts sponsor to me...the way the lettering arches on the strip....everything about it is just completely and utterly hearts. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Samuel Camazzola

Rekorderlig would be a good alternative. 

The font of the logo is classy and their product is drinkable too. 

The Strongbow kits were lovely. Takes me right back. Our sponsorship with them spanned over a period where I was starting to understand football and infatuated with Hearts.

Truly iconic sponsor.

5 hours ago, Homme said:

Very nostalgic.

Although our intentions are admirable regarding certain types of sponsors, i would be happy with an alcoholic drink on the shirt again. The Scottish football market means that only betting companies and brewers would be happy to put in what we would deem a significant investment.

A lot on hear would have to retract their faux disgust over the vermin's sposors mind you. Or keep up the charade while the rest of us see what's best for business.

The strongbow logo is a favourite though and looks good on all shirts.

Dont have a problem with alcohol sponsorship myself. Alcopops, no thanks.

On 10/17/2017 at 07:13, Seymour M Hersh said:

Maybe we can persuade Apple to sponsor us. That would t least keep the cider connection.

Heaet of Midlothian sponsored by Strongbow playing at Tynecastle iPark at Apple Plaza. I'll take that for an extra 5 million a year...

scott herbertson
On 17/10/2017 at 12:21, ...a bit disco said:

Bought over by Grampian Foods.

But still...

C9JGmNRWAAA-k2C.jpg

Im hiding under the covers until that thing goes away

Just now, Thomaso said:

Agreed.

9 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Very, VERY hard to disagree with that!!!! 

9 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

The Wonga deal was reported as being into seven figures http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hearts-extend-sponsorship-deal-with-wonga-1-2862351 but that seems far-fetched to me. Maybe over the course of the three years it may have broke the £1m barrier.

I recall being told the breakdown of the Save The Children deal is £500,000 a year - half to Hearts, half to STC - paid by one of our benefactors.

The wonga deal was incorrectly reported there, it was corrected a few days later

10 hours ago, OTT said:

I agree that too many people talk Scottish football down, but me saying we'd be lucky to get 400k a year affects exactly nothing, it's a comment based on historical fact, and yes, being realistic. The fact that you think we're worth more also affects exactly nothing, the only dynamics are how much the club try for and how much sponsors are willing to pay, and that's something we have a track record to compare with. 

I also believe the Save the Children deal was for a total of the amounts mentioned, not that amount every year by the way, but it makes no difference as that was clearly a very unusual one. It's possible we could get another amazing, philanthropic deal, but there's nothing to suggest that's the new expectation. 

Someone mentioned that Bournemouth, a team whose kits will be seen by many many many more people than ours will, get about double this 400k a year - that's a good sign of how unrealistic it is IMO

Archived