U20s v Aberdeen Ochilview 7.30pm

Mikey1874

Tonight. Missing Euan Henderson most likely. Maybe some first team players. Maybe chance for others with injuries especially midfield. 

Footballfirst

Marc Leonard, Dean Ritchie, Jay Sandison and Connor Smith all started for the U17s yesterday so are unlikely to feature.

Callumn Morrison didn't play for the 'Binos in the Scottish Cup at the weekend, so could be available to play tonight.

6 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

is CL there watching tonight?

Yes, passing notes to Andy Kirk apparently!

4 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Is Beith worth a shot in the first team given the current injuries to midfielders?

So far down the pecking order it’s unreal . He knows his time is up 

15 minutes ago, gungho said:

So far down the pecking order it’s unreal . He knows his time is up 

Seems that way. The fact that a 16 year old is being selected for the first team and he’s not even making the bench speaks volumes.

It’s a shame but it looks like those injuries have seriously hampered his development.

Tweet from Ewan Murray saying that Anthony McDonald could be the best player that we have produced.

big statement to make, what do those who have seen him often think?

Footballfirst

After a very positive first half, Hearts fell out the game completely in the second half, with too many passengers.

The young Hearts left back Reid I thought looked poor. Morrison had a great start to the game as did Zanatta Currie and Moore but all fell out it 2nd half. Need to cut our ties with beith. At this point he should be in and around the 1st team and imo he’s miles off it. Greg Stewart played for Dons and was by an absolute mile the best player on show.. 

Was at Ochilview as I watch a good few under 20s games. Aberdeen had at least four players older than 20 The goalie, two central defenders, and man of the match Greg Stewart who looked a class act. Having said that Hearts dominated the first half and should have been at least 2 up as the link up and pace of Currie and Zanatta caused Aberdeen a lot of problems. 

Second half was off to the worst possible start conceding a goal that maybe should have been cleared. After that it was mainly Aberdeen but without creating much. Second goal was all Stewart who ran all the way across the 18 yard box without being tackled and slid it in. Third was a good drive from distance right at the end . Hearts should have scored through Beith with a Messi type volley from seven yards but he skied it.

Can't agree that we should bin Beith ..he was our best player showing good passing and really getting stuck. Morrison also was very prominent with  his pace and skills. Hamilton and Gadja played well at the back.

Biggest problem was lack of talking to each other. Aberdeen were very vocal maybe because of the experienced players. Hearts players were very quiet. Good game though and Hearts really do try to pass it around nicely.

11 hours ago, jayjay said:

The young Hearts left back Reid I thought looked poor. Morrison had a great start to the game as did Zanatta Currie and Moore but all fell out it 2nd half. Need to cut our ties with beith. At this point he should be in and around the 1st team and imo he’s miles off it. Greg Stewart played for Dons and was by an absolute mile the best player on show.. 

It was suggested to me recently that the only reason gets a game is due to who his dad is. Not sure if true or not.

23 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

It was suggested to me recently that the only reason gets a game is due to who his dad is. Not sure if true or not.

Who is his dad? 

maroonnicky63

I struggle to understand how some on here thing Beith should be binned. I think he has shown some great potential but for whatever reason he is being over looked even when we brought in all the foreign players who IMO were here only for a pay day and a stepping stone to better things and they showed little commitment to Hearts. This was an opportunity to blood young Beith then , I know he was injured at some point but not through this process. Sometimes in football your face just doesn't fit so I hope he gets the chance to find a club who will help him further his career in football , don't think it will be at hearts sadly

28 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

I struggle to understand how some on here thing Beith should be binned. I think he has shown some great potential but for whatever reason he is being over looked even when we brought in all the foreign players who IMO were here only for a pay day and a stepping stone to better things and they showed little commitment to Hearts. This was an opportunity to blood young Beith then , I know he was injured at some point but not through this process. Sometimes in football your face just doesn't fit so I hope he gets the chance to find a club who will help him further his career in football , don't think it will be at hearts sadly

He's being overlooked because for about 5 years now he hasn't been able to lift a cup of tea without tearing something.

I mean no harm to the lad at all but how long do you persist with a player who is that injury prone? 

If we're willing to give him years why didn't we give the likes of Carrick more of a chance as well? 

53 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Nobody has said he should be binned.

However, he’s only a few months shy of his 22nd birthday and still seems to be some way away from the first 11. Therefore I wouldn’t be overly surprised if the club did release him.

I sincerely hope he still makes the grade for us but you can’t blame me for having my doubts.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

Apart from being Mr Beith Snr. what is that he "is" that get's his son a game. What utter bollox!

Footballfirst
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Mr Beith.

The reference wasn't about Angus, it was Aaron Reid, so the answer would be Mr Reid.

Seymour M Hersh
25 minutes ago, Bauld said:

He's being overlooked because for about 5 years now he hasn't been able to lift a cup of tea without tearing something.

I mean no harm to the lad at all but how long do you persist with a player who is that injury prone? 

If we're willing to give him years why didn't we give the likes of Carrick more of a chance as well? 

Utter crap.

He had a bone spur growing on his hip. Completely natural and not caused by any football injury. He's had to have at least two operations to file the spur down (probably a bit more technical than just filing it) and it's cost the lad dearly. He has missed the best part of two years at a very important time re development. He's now 100% and has the sort of attitude you hope for in your players. Personally I think he deserves a shot ahead of Cochrane as he is more physical and mentally mature but unfortunately it's not my decision.

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The reference wasn't about Angus, it was Aaron Reid, so the answer would be Mr Reid.

Oh my mistake although it wasn't totally clear. Ooh err I wonder who Mr Big (a.k.a. Mr Reid) is?

Aaron Reid is a competent left bk who may have lost a bit of form recently. He has played in the 20s regularly over the last two seasons and done well earning Scotland recognition. He is a young lad and hopefully regains his good form. 

maroonnicky63
2 hours ago, Bauld said:

Sorry but don't agree with this at all I have watched a lot of the under 20's and he has been unfortunate to have a niggling hip injury and can assure you when he plays Angus sticks out for me which leads me to think that perhaps Hearts don't think he is big enough or strong enough to compete in the first team. Shame really but as I say I hope he gets a team soon.

maroonnicky63
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Utter crap.

He had a bone spur growing on his hip. Completely natural and not caused by any football injury. He's had to have at least two operations to file the spur down (probably a bit more technical than just filing it) and it's cost the lad dearly. He has missed the best part of two years at a very important time re development. He's now 100% and has the sort of attitude you hope for in your players. Personally I think he deserves a shot ahead of Cochrane as he is more physical and mentally mature but unfortunately it's not my decision.

spot on , feel sorry for the lad

Archived