Raymond Domenech...

Angry Haggis

6a00c2251ce3f4f21900e398f379e80004-320pi

Domenech is so bad I wouldn't even take him at Hearts! How can anyone:

A) Be tacticly outwitted by Alex McLeish in qualifying:eek:

B) Make a team containing Ribery, Nasri, Benzema, Anelka and Henry look so insipid?

Zali Cinnamon
6a00c2251ce3f4f21900e398f379e80004-320pi

Same goes for Thierry Henry.

As an aside, how the hell can you not start Samir Nasri and (until today) Karim Benzema? Two of the top emerging players in the world, yet Malouda, Govou etc manage to get a game. Domenech got lucky in that Zidane basically got him to the WC2006 final single-handedly.

Griclesfield

Benzema and Nasri had to start as did Flamini ( dont know if he was injured ) .... the french just didnt look interested and deserved to be emptied in all their matches.

Domenech needs to go .......

As an aside, how the hell can you not start Samir Nasri and (until today) Karim Benzema? Two of the top emerging players in the world, yet Malouda, Govou etc manage to get a game. Domenech got lucky in that Zidane basically got him to the WC2006 final single-handedly.

And even worse, he never picked Ben Arfa in his final squad. Than man is hopeless and it beggars belief he got them to the WC final.

Cat Stevens

Apparently he proposed to his girlfriend live on French TV in the aftermath of getting knocked out. Cracking timing eh?

Griclesfield

jesus ..... those lassies are nae bad.

they look like they ken wot to do with a schlong !!!

Oxford City

This is how good the atmosphere was under Domenech.

After Makalele, Zidane and Thuram all retired from international football, he asked them to come back. Zidane and Makalele said yes, Thuram said no. Zidane was asked to ask Thuram to reconsider, but Thuram said he was too old and finished (he was probably right). Zidane told Domenech that Thuram refused to return.

Domenech then named his next squad with all three in it, saying they'd reconsidered. Thuram was furious, but he thought he would be letting down his country by kicking up a fuss, so came back. Apparently he and Domenech have never spoken since, which must have made for harmony in the dressing room.

Result - appalling atmosphere, possibly the greatest defender of the last twenty years (as well as an excellent off-the-field role model - just compare him to Terry or Ferdinand) ruining his reputation by going on past his time.

France got to the final despite Domenech two years ago. He got what he deserved this time.

Oxford City

Apparently Makalele also refused to return but Domenech picked him anyway as well. Man's a fool....

As Danny Baker pointed out, he looks like Freddie of Freddie and the Dreamers. I also think he has a certain look of Larry David about him too. I await a future episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Larry insults someone French and ends up as their manager by mistake.

The shot of him after the sending-off was priceless. You could just see him thinking 'I know I'm supposed to do something here, I just have no idea what it is.'

And as for Martin O'Neill sticking up for him...I know O'Neill only says things to be controversial, but he ended up sounding more ridiculous than usual. When Shearer makes more sense than you, that's when you should give up.

jambo-rocker

exactly what i was gonna say. Never rated him as manager ever

NoseLikeMahe

Flamini wasn't injured... he was sent home as not required due to the fitness of Patrick Vieira - who never kicked a baw!! Great management there.

Martin O'Neill stood up for France and Domenech because they were his pre-tournament tip to win it and he was defending his own corner.

I only wish he'd picked Landreau in goal... "Pick it out!!"

Apparently he proposed to his girlfriend live on French TV in the aftermath of getting knocked out. Cracking timing eh?

What made it worse is that his girlfriend, Estelle Denis, is a tv sports presenter and presented the analysis programme immediately after the match. Only a wee bit embarrassing......

82237.jpg

Domenech is an awful manager, this is a France team many tipped, even by myself, who lost to Scotland despite dominating, got hum*ed off the park by Holland, did nothing V Italy and lost and drew with Romania.

Toulalan is a p*** player, dont care what people say I have no clue why he was there.

Her plays Abidal in a game where they have to play, hes crap too.

Govou and Makalele, please, why are they even considered good players any more?

Anelka? Dont make me laugh, got the energy of a pig, absolultley useless.

And never starts Nasri and then gets subbed after coming on.

And telling Flamini, one of the best midfielders in the EPL last season to go home and take Vieira who played no minutes in the campaign, well done sir!

Domenech did this on purpose, well he must have as the guy has NO brains in football management.

Thats like playing say Luke Chadwick and leaving Christiano Ronaldo on the bench for the full season.

No doubt Romanov will want Domenech for our next manager.

tommythejambo

Nasri never started yesterday. He came on for Ribery.

One seriously bad manager though.

maltese jambo

just Henry up front when the crosses were comming in....criminal

rudi must stay
worst manager at the European Championships? cant be far off

nah he's a decent manager. Even a decent manager though can't control some of the ego's they have there, despite the great players it's a difficult job imo

nah he's a decent manager. Even a decent manager though can't control some of the ego's they have there, despite the great players it's a difficult job imo

:eek:

Is he baws!

Rates Toulalan ahead of Flamini

Rates Anelka ahead of Benzema

Rates Govou ahead of Nasri

Hes a s*** manager.

Sergio Garcia

He's a grade A numpty, naming players eventhough they had retired, playing lesser players eventhough he had better, blaming ballboys at Hampden..............hate this guy and in turn the French, good riddance! ****!!

He's a grade A numpty, naming players eventhough they had retired, playing lesser players eventhough he had better, blaming ballboys at Hampden..............hate this guy and in turn the French, good riddance! ****!!

Hehe, remember that!:)

I hope poor Melissa didn't get too upset :sad::wub:

113379558_b166c50cc4_o.jpg

melissa-theuriau.jpg

Melissa.Theuriau%5B1%5D.png

Mmmmmm :dribble:

Reminds me a bit of Posh spice for some reason!

Flamini wasn't injured... he was sent home as not required due to the fitness of Patrick Vieira - who never kicked a baw!! Great management there.

Martin O'Neill stood up for France and Domenech because they were his pre-tournament tip to win it and he was defending his own corner.

I only wish he'd picked Landreau in goal... "Pick it out!!"

The same Martin O Neill who said Italy didnt have the pace to win the World Cup.... He might be a good manager but for some reason he comes across as knowing feck all when he's analyzing.

O'Neil was total passionate for Le Frogs last night.

Bang on everthing he said about players like Thuram and not playing their best players.

Waiting on some posters to slag (as they would him Mhartin O'Neil)

Le Frogs let themselves down, no doubt Domicheque(sp) will still be in charge

crazy_jambo_2006

Domenech is a buffoon.

The team is a mix of too old and too young. What was the farce with Thuram, declining to play yesterday???

They also miss Zidane obviously. That'll be the Zidane, who single handedly got France to the 2006 WC Final, beating Brazil on the way practically on his own. Always going to be missed.

But France were screwed as soon as the boy got sent off yesterday. Game over basically. But when you rely on muppets such as Anelka, you may as well pack up and go home.

Oxford City

Bang on everthing he said about players like Thuram and not playing their best players.

There doesn't have to be an agenda for every criticism people make of managers or pundits.

O'Neill, like a lot of good managers, doesn't like to give much away about 'behind-the-scenes' stuff whwn he's on TV so often seems to be on the wind-up and being controversial for the sake of it.

On this occasion he was defending a manager who didn't really deserve to be defended. That's all.

:wacko::wacko:

:wacko: The whole nation?

:P

Is he baws!

Rates Toulalan ahead of Flamini

Rates Anelka ahead of Benzema

Rates Govou ahead of Nasri

Hes a s*** manager.

Oh do go away.

I don't understand how you haven't mentioned his worst mistakes.

He left out Trezeguet, who scored for fun in Italy and would have been a powerful presence in the box, something France terribly needed.

He left out Mexes who was the best defender in Serie A, and took fricking Boumsong (former worst player in EPL).

He played Coupet instead of Frey, who was the best goalkeeper in Serie A, possibly Europe, and better than for example Gigi Buffon himself, last season.

I don't understand how you haven't mentioned his worst mistakes.

He left out Trezeguet, who scored for fun in Italy and would have been a powerful presence in the box, something France terribly needed.

He left out Mexes who was the best defender in Serie A, and took fricking Boumsong (former worst player in EPL).

He played Coupet instead of Frey, who was the best goalkeeper in Serie A, possibly Europe, and better than for example Gigi Buffon himself, last season.

These are all valid points though I'm not convinced Trezeguet would have made much difference in a struggling team.

The exclusion of Mexes was baffling. Presumably his horoscope for Junedidn't look too clever.

Archived