Train nightmares

scott herbertson

Another day, another spate of Scotfail cancellations. You've just got to laugh. :D

Yep, my train was ready to leave Waverley and the ruddy east coast arrived (late) stopped on the platform in front making us delayed, then they decided to make it a fast train and skipped my stop.

They can only give you the info they've got and it's not their fault that network rail can't maintain the track.

yip, the ire should be aimed at the thieving *******s.

Samuel Camazzola

Absolute shambles because of a cable theft at Inverkeithing.. Scotrail staff clueless as per usual

A bit off the mark with this comment.

yip, the ire should be aimed at the thieving *******s.

Aye! and the recipients offering cash for said ripped out cable. F******g parasites.

No cash transactions should happen at scrap merchants.

They can only give you the info they've got and it's not their fault that network rail can't maintain the track.

Track maintenance was fine prior to the signalling cable thefts. Regular occurrence in that area.

Track maintenance was fine prior to the signalling cable thefts. Regular occurrence in that area.

That means it's not a surprise and that network rail and btp need to be more proactive in preventing it in that area. The people risking their lives to steel it deserve the seethe (and pity) but ultimately it's up to network rail to keep the tracks running.

That means it's not a surprise and that network rail and btp need to be more proactive in preventing it in that area. The people risking their lives to steel it deserve the seethe (and pity) but ultimately it's up to network rail to keep the tracks running.

Proactive in preventing a theft that they don't know when or where will take place, priceless. Pity? :rofl:

Proactive in preventing a theft that they don't know when or where will take place, priceless. Pity? :rofl:

If it's a regular occurrence in that area(like you said) then they know where and they know how easy it is to reach the infrastructure so they need to do more to prevent it.

And yes, pity. People regularly die whilst stealing cables from tracks, you need to be a mixture of desperate and stupid. Being on tracks in the dark with trains that you can't see or hear coming can't be a whole lot of fun.

If it's a regular occurrence in that area(like you said) then they know where and they know how easy it is to reach the infrastructure so they need to do more to prevent it.

And yes, pity. People regularly die whilst stealing cables from tracks, you need to be a mixture of desperate and stupid. Being on tracks in the dark with trains that you can't see or hear coming can't be a whole lot of fun.

Hundreds of track miles involved. The death rate of the thieves ain't high enough. Desperate for the cash, yes, stupid? No. Last sentence reeks of sympathy for these criminals who repeatedly endanger commuters lives.

They are stealing in during the day now and aren't even waiting till it's dark and no trains

Must be the same guys from the other week and they got rid of their previous haul so went back for more as they see it as easy money

If they didn't have someone to sell it onto then this wouldn't happen

Hundreds of track miles involved. The death rate of the thieves ain't high enough. Desperate for the cash, yes, stupid? No. Last sentence reeks of sympathy for these criminals who repeatedly endanger commuters lives.

It's either in the same area or over hundreds of miles? Make your mind up. Something can be done about the former but the latter is clearly harder to deal with.

I've got sympathy with anyone that can go out to make money to live and not come home. Maybe it's just because I understand how dangerous the tracks are. They're only putting their own lives at risk though, not yours or mine.

It's either in the same area or over hundreds of miles? Make your mind up. Something can be done about the former but the latter is clearly harder to deal with.

I've got sympathy with anyone that can go out to make money to live and not come home. Maybe it's just because I understand how dangerous the tracks are. They're only putting their own lives at risk though, not yours or mine.

The same area does involve hundreds of miles. Enlighten with regard to the former. You are delusional if you think this is survival strategy by the criminals. Couldn't give a toss for the criminals lives. The commuters lives are at risk. The cabling that's being ripped out is crucial for the signalling system. You have sympathy for these criminals. You need help! 

The same area does involve hundreds of miles. Enlighten with regard to the former. You are delusional if you think this is survival strategy by the criminals. Couldn't give a toss for the criminals lives. The commuters lives are at risk. The cabling that's being ripped out is crucial for the signalling system. You have sympathy for these criminals. You need help!

If the signalling system breaks the signals either blank out or show red, sometimes they'll show an incorrect sequence. All of the above are treated as red by a train driver. Cable theft causes an inconvenience but it doesn't cause trains to collide, derail, or catch fire.

Hundreds of miles of track is not the same area in anyone's language. There isn't a signaller in the country that looks after hundreds of miles of track.

Archived