Anti Lithuanian slant in our newspapers.

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

Not a bad thread as such, but watch the way our red tops change their views and reporting on Lithuanian players now the 'Mighty' Andrius Velicka has signed for them.

I bet you notice a difference next season.

Not a bad thread as such, but watch the way our red tops change their views and reporting on Lithuanian players now the 'Mighty' Andrius Velicka has signed for them.

Not as far as the ones that play for us you'll not. They'll still be either "cheats" or "journeymen" as far as the press are concerned.

chester copperpot
Not as far as the ones that play for us you'll not. They'll still be either "cheats" or "journeymen" as far as the press are concerned.

But they wont use the word Lithuanian no more, as that will class them with Rangers benchwarmer.

No offence to AV, as he did a job for us, but I bet you will see less about the Lithuanian diver and more about the Hearts Diver.

Charlie-Brown
Cheats or journeymen is too good for the Liths in my opinion, get rid of every single one.

This clown sounds like the SS einsatz-gruppe. :mad:

Talk about paranoid.

It's not paranoid.

Just you watch.

There are some things in life which are inevitable.

The holy trinity of the OF/SFA/press is thriving, as always.

**** the *****.

CF11JamTart

I fully expect AV to metamorphasise from "blunt instrument" to "Pele of the Baltics" in the eyes of the red-tops.

Everybody loves Baz
Cheats or journeymen is too good for the Liths in my opinion, get rid of every single one.

What a t!t you are !

Dirk Diggler

012AlfGarnett_228x362.jpg

Ron Burgundy
What a t!t you are !

LOL.

Imagine what his opinion on the "coloureds" that are at Tynecastle are.

Try to imagine the press/media in this country, Hearts playing Rankers, 0-0 near the end of 90 mins. Velika goes down with very little contact in the penalty box.

Will they say...

A/ "shocking, that was a dive. Something we really don't want to see in our game"

or

B/ "clever play from Velika, you can't afford to make a challenge in the penalty box so late on especially"

I will put my money on option B!

You appear to be afflicted with the same strain of xenophobia as the Glasgow press.

monkfish1979

I hear the media's likely to start pouring scorn on Slovaks during the coming season. One has to keep up with the fashion, y'know. ;)

But they wont use the word Lithuanian no more, as that will class them with Rangers benchwarmer.

No offence to AV, as he did a job for us, but I bet you will see less about the Lithuanian diver and more about the Hearts Diver.

Hopefully nothin aout the Lithuanain Diver and loads about the Hearts DRIVER

MON THE JAMBOS!!!!

MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!:):)

Bawbag

Thanks guys :D Scotland has some quality banter to offer so I'm trying to pick up as much of it as I can :cool:

Thanks guys :D Scotland has some quality banter to offer so I'm trying to pick up as much of it as I can :cool:

quality

Zali Cinnamon

Yep.

I don't doubt that he will no longer be a lazy, diving, Lithuanian journeyman who prevents some guid oanest Scoattish laddies getting first team experience.

LithuanianHearts
The dark land of Hannibal Lecter.............

in fact it's pretty nice over here, no lecters and quite light........ :whistling:

Charlie-Brown
in fact it's pretty nice over here, no lecters and quite light........ :whistling:

I was paraphrasing an old newspaper quote after a journalist had enjoyed Romanov's hospitality after the Lithuania v Scotland game in Kaunas only for the same journalist to put the boot in a mere 48 hours later.......

and [lithuanian player x] as been brought in from Kaunas to bulk up hearts squad, he can only hope to match the achievements of his fellow countryman and rangers star Velicka...

...all we will get next season is velicka this, velicka that...blah blah blah :(

LithuanianHearts
I was paraphrasing an old newspaper quote after a journalist had enjoyed Romanov's hospitality after the Lithuania v Scotland game in Kaunas only for the same journalist to put the boot in a mere 48 hours later.......

yes of course I understand it all right :) I've just not forgotten that one b*oo** fiction writer was writing something about Lecter's ancestry.... :):beer:

and [lithuanian player x] as been brought in from Kaunas to bulk up hearts squad, he can only hope to match the achievements of his fellow countryman and rangers star Velicka...

For all that everyone's right and I've no doubt Velicka will suddenly become the dogs balls in the eyes of the Daily Rangers now he's signed for the Hun, can you deny that your line above is actually true - [lithuanian player x] will likely be brought in purely to bulk up our crappy squad, and Velicka is the best of the Lithuanian imports by far.

QFT! Despite the occasional positive contribution the Lithuanins have had a negative effect on our squad and our performances. To the likes of the inept Kurskis a label of journeymen is insulting to players who were labelled such and contributed to the team and did their jobs. The Neilsons, Mooses and Macfarlanes.

Sudden change of SFA spin from Gordon Smith perchance?

From - "We must drum these foreign cheats out of Scottish football"

To - "We must welcome these foreign players as they add quality to Scottish football"

AV will no longer be a dirt cheating barsteward now, that is for sure - the press, SFA and refs will now believe he has changed and any foul in the box IS a foul and not a penalty, and if they do deem it not to be a foul, it iwll be clever play or good use of experience.

Archived