Music that makes you think football

hueyview

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walk of Life by Dire Straits. In the 85/86 season The announcer at  Tynecastle used to play it after every game we won. And there were a lot. Every time I hear it the buzz it gave me walking out the ground back then comes back in buckets.

Alive and Kicking and One Vision. Mainly due to these being the promo tunes for Sky Sports when the Premiership started.

Alive and Kicking is a topper. They used to play it on Soccer AM when they done a wee challenge at the end. Usually coincided with me just leaving the house to go to Tynie.

The White Cockade

Black is Black by La Belle Epoque

Used to be played every week back in the late 70's

Takes me back to my days in the old Enclosure with my Bovril and meat pie

and the smell from the brewery

We were mostly rubbish in those days but that is the era that I remember most fondly

For some reason i always remember chain reaction by Diana Ross being played in our last home game in 86 against Clydebank. Not a song I really like but it always reminds me of the 85 86 season.

Oasis - Cum on feel the noise (1995 final)

Did that not get an airing after 2012? Sure I remember hearing it then as well

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

Shang-a Lang from the Bay City Rollers.. Sang and danced away to this during the lap of honour after the 2012 final, my son was bemused at how many of us were giving it large to a 1970s song he'd never heard before.

This. That stands out as a memory from that day.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

The best football song, absolute classic, cheapened by the likes of hibs fans but what a great tune.

It always reminds me of the 98 cup win.

It's a shame Hibs seem to have adopted it.

Steam

Also the Laughing Policeman - used to get plated regularly in the 60s when I used to get into the ground about 45 minutes before kick off (pre alcohol days)

You'll remember this.

Give us a goal, give us a goal, Donald Ford. Donald Ford.

The 1968 final. Crap day all round but it reminds me of a time when the eyes on the back of your head needed to be as sharp as the ones in the front.  

Duel - Propaganda. What a tune.

Scott Wilson usually plays that as first song on match days - good tuuunnnee

This. That stands out as a memory from that day.

Me too - never gave it a second thought until that day but got a wee soft spot for it now

rudi must stay

It's a Beautiful Day - U2

Always reminds me of the Premiership show of ITV and I think is a great football song.

Avicii - Levels for obvious reasons

Lazy Sunday Afternoon - Small Faces. Always reminds me of Tynecastle, I don't think I've heard it there it just does

MacDonald Jardine

Somewhere in my Heart - Aztec Camera.

Used to get played a lot a few years ago.

Forgot about that.

Likewise 'Thank you for being a Friend ".

marshallschunkychicken

Bizarrely ?Loco in Acupolco? by the Four Tops takes me straight back to the family enclosure in the late 80s whenever I hear it.

They seemed to play it every game without fail.

Republica - ready to go

This for me too. We ran out to this when I had my first season ticket. Still gets me up for it now.

jambos are go!

Shang-a Lang from the Bay City Rollers.. Sang and danced away to this during the lap of honour after the 2012 final, my son was bemused at how many of us were giving it large to a 1970s song he'd never heard before.

Hated it till that great day. Now a glorious memory. Also like Runrigs version of Loch Lomond at Scotland games. Much better than the dirge that is Flower of Scotland.

Texaco Cup 1975 Fulham away!

Pub near Craven Cottage after the match, landlord hired a DJ & some strippers!!

Chris Spedding - Motor Biking [i'm sure you can imagine the scenes on the stage!!]

Motor bikin'

Motor bikin'

Motor bikin'

Motor cyclin'

Moving on the queen's highway lookin' like a streak of lightnin'

If you gotta go, go, gotta go motor bike ridin'

Listen to me and I'll tell you no lie

Too fast to live, too young to die

I bought a new machine today and say

It take your breath away

Motor bikin'

Motor bikin'

Motor bikin'

Motor cyclin'

Moving on the queen's highway lookin' like a streak of lightnin'

Baby, won't you come with me?

I'll take you where you want to be

Well, here I am again and I'm dressed in black

I got my baby, she's right in the back

We're doin' 'bout 95

Whew, so good to be alive

Motor bikin'

In the Bauld and Mackay era a band used to play in front of the enclosure and main stand. They were terrible.

I'd addition a few records were played and That's Amore by Dean Martin was always one of them.

Superb!! Thanks for posting that, havent listened to it for years.

Seconded! Great job, Clark - cheers! I thought that recording had died with my old cassette. Listening back to it now, the Marshall's jingle is ******* gash! They clearly weren't paying Don Draper as their ad man.

Back on topic, how about Sinatra's New York, New York? Pretty sure we went through a phase of playing that before every home game, some time in the 90s. Think it was meant to be lucky or something.

Anyone arsed to make a Spotify play list of all these classics? It would make for the ultimate pre-match soundtrack

You're the Voice by John Farnham.

One of my earliest memories of Tynecastle in the 1980s and it still gives me goosebumps. Scott Wilson plays it from time to time.

Remember that horrendous Coco Jambo thing from the 90's? Awful. :laugh:

Carnival de Paris. Those who were there will know.

Life of Riley - Lightning Seeds

Used to be the intro music for Football Focus back in t'day.

Teenage kicks

What a beautiful day

Two tribes

letsalldothebeattie

Calvin Harris ft Ne-Yo - Let's go

Avicci - Levels both make me think of Cup Final 2012

Stone Roses - The One makes me think of being at Old Trafford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was just wondering if there was a thread on this!

Listening to Simple Minds - 'Live in the City of Light' on my headphones at work and the lyrics are:

5 to 1

1 to 5

Nobody here gets out alive....

56mins in if anyone interested.

Made me chuckle anyway!

When I listen to Heart or Absolute 80s and Chain Reaction plays, it reminds me of 1986.

Not that it's ever played much on the radio, but if I hear Carnival De Paris it reminds me of that hot ,sweaty and nerve wracking day in May 1998.

Hairs up on back of the neck job.

My first experiences of Tynecastle were in 1990, and Starship's "Nothing's gonna stop us" was one of the songs that stuck with me from those early days as a Hearts fan. I remember sitting in section T of the main stand looking across to my right as the fans began pouring in from McLeod Street and hearing the the Hearts song getting belted out from the Shed over the top of Starship. It was all new to me, and Tynecastle felt magical. On the rare occasions when I hear that song now, it brings those great early memories flooding back.. 

This is all from the weekend just gone!

At the NFL at wembley each time someone scored a field goal or extra point they played Tom Hark Piranha

Then in a random pub after the game (Thirsty Eddie's I think) in quick succession Seven Nation Army and Hey Jude came on the jukebox 

Archived