Food you just don't get

EH11_2NL

Vegetarian "meat"

Vegan cheese

All that shit gives me the rage for some reason. I once had a customer moaning her **** off at me because we had ran out of vegetarian "Ham". It took every ounce of restraint in me to not tell her to **** off and then beat her to death with a leg of lamb.

When I was at Telford college I had a part time job at a sandwich place in waverly station. Used to get pissed off with some of the vegans going on about their vegan cheese so they got normal cheese. If you're a vegan, eat proper vegan food not real dairy food changed to appease vegans. Or better still, stop being a pretentious arse about it.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After dinner today I have to add roast beef and all the trimmings. Love the trimmings, especially the roast tatties and yorkies, but the meat itself is so tasteless, but everyone else is sayi g how good the meat tasted. No it didn't, it was the gravy I made that had the taste. If the meat was that tasty you wouldn't need my special gravy.

Buy better beef. And "your special gravy"?? Yikes!

Buy better beef. And "your special gravy"?? Yikes!

I was a piece of top side from the butchers in Stornoway. This is a very decent butcher as well, so pretty sure I would have struggled to get a better piece of top side.

By the way, this butcher does the best black pudding ever.

Eggs. Doesn?t matter how they?re cooked or what they?re served with I just find them absolutely disgusting.

Fks sake.  I live on them.

Raisins, Prunes, Fig, Fig Rolls, Custard & Quiche. Butter as well, absolutely howling.

I tried a boiled sheep head in Reykjavik and can confirm it was also bowfin'.

William H. Bonney

Not sure why so many people hate pineapple on a pizza. It's an amazing combination.

Ham and pineapple in a sub roll is also equally fantastic

Coronation Chicken.

Aye.

Got a Coronation Chicken baguette a couple of years ago from one of the Deli's.

Week off work and 1 stone lighter.

Seems said Deli didn't think you needed to actually cook the chicken all the way through first.

It can now GTF and all who consume it.

Not sure why so many people hate pineapple on a pizza. It's an amazing combination.

You need shot mate.

Roquette has a lovely peppery taste but watercress tastes of... like water.

Agreed. It's probably my underdeveloped tastebuds but I get absolutely nothing from watercress. Rocket salad, on the other hand, is splendid.

The Old Tolbooth

Even typing the word cucumber gives me the boak, vile stuff! 

Heart, kidney, liver, tongue, all minging! 

Peppers (all colours) are disgusting to me too, as are olives! 

Салатные палочки

Love it.  Chicken, ham and pineapple is one of my favourite toppings.  It just works.  Love pineapple with gamo steak as well.  

Even typing the word cucumber gives me the boak, vile stuff! 

Heart, kidney, liver, tongue, all minging! 

Peppers (all colours) are disgusting to me too, as are olives!

Cucumber, tongue and olives are barry.

If you cook anything properly, it will be good.

Probably everything mentioned on this thread, i'd happily eat, safe in the knowledge it's cooked properly and, vitally, cooked along side the right things !

Got a beast of an Italian cookbook for my birthday and i'm going to attempt to cook everything in it. Everything !

Baws, tongues, livers, hearts, you name it !

The Old Tolbooth

Cucumber, tongue and olives are barry.

Urrgghhh!

Saying that, I probably like a few things you detest too, I'm not shy when it comes to food [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Salad cream with haggis??

Grounds for divorce there Harold. :wink:

Grounds for divorce will be if she keeps moving my pictures on the wall, cant leave a thing, hard work.

If you cook anything properly, it will be good.

Probably everything mentioned on this thread, i'd happily eat, safe in the knowledge it's cooked properly and, vitally, cooked along side the right things !

Got a beast of an Italian cookbook for my birthday and i'm going to attempt to cook everything in it. Everything !

Baws, tongues, livers, hearts, you name it !

The Sliver Spoon by any chance?

Grounds for divorce will be if she keeps moving my pictures on the wall, cant leave a thing, hard work.

Got a similar problem with my framed Hearts etching Harold. She moans like feck about it and says it's like being married to,a five year old.

Just wait until I pin my signed 1974 Centenary programme up beside it.

Then she'll really have something to gripe about :)

Archived