Tonight's football

CJGJ

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blair Spittal is a great prospect - really wish we'd signed him in the summer.

You know he'd come to us, score a few in friendlies and then waste away...

Hate to say it cracker from dorrans

Bazzas right boot

Blair Spittal is a great prospect - really wish we'd signed him in the summer.

Tbh, he's been involved bit gave the ball away allot, especially first half.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

I've only been listening to the radio commentary and didn't really get the impression that this was a dirty game.  Did Thistle really dirty warrant 5 yellows and a red more than Rangers?

I've only been listening to the radio commentary and didn't really get the impression that this was a dirty game. Did Thistle really dirty warrant 5 yellows and a red more than Rangers?

Wullie Collum, that explain it?

Good to see Rangers dropping points.

Thistle did well to hold on.

Collum made some crazy decisions. Booking a Thistle player for giving the ball to someone else to take the throw in. Awarding Thistle in their own box when one of their players pretty much sat on the ball. At least we don't have him tomorrow.

Interested in people's thoughts on this though. When a team is trying to hold on at the end with 10 men and they get a corner, how much advantage is there in trying to keep the ball in the corner versus putting some bodies in the box and trying to get a goal? Thistle tried keeping it in the corner, lost possession and seconds later Rangers had a chance on the break. I sometimes think teams become too negative in these situations.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Who is this commentator? Pretty sure he's sitting there in a Rangers top.

Rory Hamilton Aberdeen fan. McCoist a serious step back for BT.

Enjoyable game. Rangers haven't changed much

That guy could turn a 5 year old girls' birthday party into the 3rd World War

The only thing that surprises me is that hes never been lamped during a match!

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Wulli Collum, that explain it?

Seems a bit far-fetched on its own, but hard to see any other explanation....

I like a wee flutter of a Friday and at 7/2 the draw tonight, I think i've found my bet.

Ker-ching !

Well done, Jags, beer money for the Boabmiester !

BRAVEHEART1874

Not saying Wallace has been playing that great but they miss him and kranjar when injured. Just a shame about the sending of 2nd half looked like a sevco humpiing was on the cards ;)

Bazzas right boot

Having seen Aberdeen last week, and The Rangers tonight, surely we should be looking to finish above both?

No harm in looking to do so.

Football doesn't work like that tho.

And a quick look at the table says it will hard to do that.

Bazzas right boot

Ryan Stevenson, Gary Locke and the Inverness team of a few years ago might be welcome participants in this discussion!

Nightmare. Worst game ever, complete **** up.

Bazzas right boot

There were a fair amount of old skool tunes being belted out tonight as well by some fans.

Sevco are now a spent force ,they now scramble for points from teams when they were the old club used to dish out doings with their ebts and we arra people attitude.Sevco fans have to get used to the fact their new club have to fight for the crumbs that sellick leave on the table,how the mighty have fallen eh ,even now their giros don't let them pull their new club out of the crapper,I fekin love it

Having seen Aberdeen last week, and The Rangers tonight, surely we should be looking to finish above both?

One game doesn't represent a turnaround. It's something we'll be better placed to judge in 2months time.

Good to see Rangers dropping points.

Thistle did well to hold on.

Collum made some crazy decisions. Booking a Thistle player for giving the ball to someone else to take the throw in. Awarding Thistle in their own box when one of their players pretty much sat on the ball. At least we don't have him tomorrow.

Interested in people's thoughts on this though. When a team is trying to hold on at the end with 10 men and they get a corner, how much advantage is there in trying to keep the ball in the corner versus putting some bodies in the box and trying to get a goal? Thistle tried keeping it in the corner, lost possession and seconds later Rangers had a chance on the break. I sometimes think teams become too negative in these situations.

Colum is simply an awful ref. Thought Thistle got away with a clear red in the first half. Morelos for Rangers had a clear kick out in the 2nd half - not even a booking for either incident. The scramble in the Thistle box was bizarre and a clear "cop out" as Fat McCoist put it - i believe the correct decision would have been an indirect freekick in the box?

No harm in looking to do so.

Football doesn't work like that tho.

And a quick look at the table says it will hard to do that.

It's all about going to places like Thistle and Hamilton and picking up three points and making sure you win your home games every time.

Do that and we can afford to draw at Aberdeen and even at home to them and the likes of rangers.

There were a fair amount of old skool tunes being belted out tonight as well by some fans.

That was the usual songbook but the proximity of cameras to the away fans amplifies it.

Was embarrassing tbh, as was McCoists commentary.

problem being other teams in the League will have the same opinion, including looking in on Hearts.

J.T.F.Robertson

One game doesn't represent a turnaround. It's something we'll be better placed to judge in 2months time.

My first thought as well.

Colum is simply an awful ref. Thought Thistle got away with a clear red in the first half. Morelos for Rangers had a clear kick out in the 2nd half - not even a booking for either incident. The scramble in the Thistle box was bizarre and a clear "cop out" as Fat McCoist put it - i believe the correct decision would have been an indirect freekick in the box?

Morelos kick out: was that when he did some crazy little highland jig then looked at the ref as if he had been hard done to? Clearly had just tried to throw a leg to make it look like the jags player swiped his feet away. Typical OF eh?

Archived