Winter Sun

scottish_chicP

scottish_chicP

I am off to Lanzarote for a week on 29th October. Went last year on 6th October and temperatures were still hitting 30 degrees so hoping to get some decent sun before the dark depths of winter.

Anyone been to Canaries Oct/Nov time?

Fitzroy Pointon

We're booked to go on 20th January so I am hoping it will be hot.  I did check with my girlfriend before she booked and she has been many times to the Canaries in winter and says its warm.  

Going to Gran Canaria on 30 Oct for a week, we were there last year about the same week and weather was excellent, high 20's during the day and about 20 at night.

The year previous (2015) we were in Lanzarote the first week in November, again the weather was great, much the same as GC.

Just in the process of booking up a week in Lanzarote for middle of March, going to a cracking apartment in Peurto Del Carmen.

Feels great getting a bit of winter sun just before the thought of xmas arrives

I've been to Gran Canaria a few times in January. It's warm, around 20-25c, so like a good summer's day here ( if you can remember one!) which suits me because I don't like it too hot. Still hott enough to sit / lie about in but cool at night.

scottish_chicP

Going to Gran Canaria on 30 Oct for a week, we were there last year about the same week and weather was excellent, high 20's during the day and about 20 at night.

The year previous (2015) we were in Lanzarote the first week in November, again the weather was great, much the same as GC.

Just in the process of booking up a week in Lanzarote for middle of March, going to a cracking apartment in Peurto Del Carmen.

Feels great getting a bit of winter sun just before the thought of xmas arrives

Where in Puerto del Carmen? We booked an all inclusive on the outskirts which has pretty good reviews.

Have been to the Canaries over Christmas for about the last 6 or 7 years. Temperature highs are usually 20-25c with occasional days a bit higher or lower. Evenings are obviously slightly cooler but still comfortable.

Would imagine October / November would be a few degrees warmer - just at the top or slightly above my personal preference.

Samuel Camazzola

I am off to Lanzarote for a week on 29th October. Went last year on 6th October and temperatures were still hitting 30 degrees so hoping to get some decent sun before the dark depths of winter.

I was in Tenerife last October going into November and the weather was great. Very warm and the wind made it comfortable.

I've been in January too and the temperature was great - just less hours of sunshine. Going back this November and expect more of the same.

I believe the north of the island (north of Mount Teide) can be wetter and cooler in the winter months.

Been to Fuerteventura in December too. Temperature was good but a lot windier. The island hosts windsurfing competitions so the winds are expected.

Costa Del Sol has also been great when I've been October through to December. Sunbathing weather if that's your thing.

I dont have to go anywhere ;)

Can I pick your brains. :lol:

Where in Ibiza would you recommend for a couple and an 18 month old baby? Would be looking for something quiet and nice to wander around. Good food etc. Hotel recommendations too if you have any!

Samuel Camazzola

Can I pick your brains. :lol:

Where in Ibiza would you recommend for a couple and an 18 month old baby? Would be looking for something quiet and nice to wander around. Good food etc. Hotel recommendations too if you have any!

Cala Llonga. Nice quiet cove like resort with water taxi around the bay to Santa Eulalia. Short taxi/bus trips to Es Cana or Ibiza Town too should you fancy an afternoon trip to somewhere different.

Costa Teguise, Lanzarote on the 14th of October for 7 days. cant come quick enough!!!

visit la bohemia for some great food.

Ya manky b*****d. That is the dream. Where in the Maldives if you don't mind me asking?

Kuramathi. It is most likely a once in a lifetime type thing. The place looks ridiculous though, our room is in the sea with a private pool and that. So indulgent :lol:

Where in Puerto del Carmen? We booked an all inclusive on the outskirts which has pretty good reviews.

Its a private apartment in The La Colina complex, which is near the old town harbour, the women that has it, has 2 apartments on the complex, one is a 1 bed apartment the other is a 2 bed. We stayed in the 2 bed a couple of years ago, it was superb, she has refurbed both apartments within the last couple of years, both are lovely, kitted out to a very high standard, both have private terraces that arent overlooked, great sea views. 

Ill PM you the links to both apartments.

Kuramathi. It is most likely a once in a lifetime type thing. The place looks ridiculous though, our room is in the sea with a private pool and that. So indulgent :lol:

Why not mate, life is short. We were planning 18 months ago to go away and do the same earlier this year then our wee one came along and all such plans were put on hold.... 100% will do it, very high on my bucket list.

Bridge of Djoum

Not exactly winter sun but I'm off to Puerto Rico next week. My 1st taste of the Caribbean. I'm gonna do myself damage on the Cuba Libre's.

scottish_chicP

Not exactly winter sun but I'm off to Puerto Rico next week. My 1st taste of the Caribbean. I'm gonna do myself damage on the Cuba Libre's.

Is it even a holiday without some sort of alcohol damage?! [emoji23] [emoji85] All inclusive will be fun!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bridge of Djoum

Is it even a holiday without some sort of alcohol damage?! [emoji23] [emoji85] All inclusive will be fun!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I genuinely believe that if I did book all inclusive I'd be as well just getting a one way ticket.

I just checked the prices - jeeze ! Wife wants to go somewhere exotic next year and has been banging on about the Seychelles all year. 

North Berwick Jambo

Cala Llonga. Nice quiet cove like resort with water taxi around the bay to Santa Eulalia. Short taxi/bus trips to Es Cana or Ibiza Town too should you fancy an afternoon trip to somewhere different.

I live here in Cala Llonga and agree with SC that it is a perfect choice for a family with young children, (do a quick google image search to see the bay etc)  What time of year are you thinking of going Sten?

Samuel Camazzola

I live here in Cala Llonga and agree with SC that it is a perfect choice for a family with young children, (do a quick google image search to see the bay etc) What time of year are you thinking of going Sten?

What's the name of the upmarket bar/restaurant that caters for weddings etc...? That place was nice and worth a visit (although a but pricier).

North Berwick Jambo

What's the name of the upmarket bar/restaurant that caters for weddings etc...? That place was nice and worth a visit (although a but pricier).

Amante , its a little bit more along the road in Sol Den Sierra.

Where I live :sweeet:

Too many cold winters in Longstone and East Lothian, it?s my second year here now and wish i had done it years ago.  Oh and your area aint too bad either   :)

The only downside here is it that Cala Llonga is becoming so popular again with familes avoiding Turkey, Egypt, Tunisia and Greece etc etc  that even now the bookings for next year are almost full and the prices are going up quickly. For anyone interested try Sirenis Hotels and  El Pinar, those are ideal for kids, or if you can escape the kids and want to impress the missus try the Palladium 5 star.  I am sure Jet2 also do here,

Samuel Camazzola

Amante , its a little bit more along the road in Sol Den Sierra.

Cheers. Casa Piedra was very good too and I'd definitely re-visit there for a meal.

Dunno about canaries but the weather world over is a bit mental this year.

Just back from Poland. Bit of a heatwave. 27C the whole time!

scottish_chicP

Dunno about canaries but the weather world over is a bit mental this year.

Just back from Poland. Bit of a heatwave. 27C the whole time!

I went to Ibiza 2 weeks ago for 4 days and was highly unimpressed with the weather! It was still warm but I think we had about 6 hours of sunshine the whole time :(

I went to Ibiza 2 weeks ago for 4 days and was highly unimpressed with the weather! It was still warm but I think we had about 6 hours of sunshine the whole time :(

I went to the exact same place as Alan R the weekend before him and the weather was shite, so quit yer moaning.

Bridge of Djoum

Just canceled our trip to Puerto Rico this evening. 90 mph winds and 3 days of rain made up our minds. Luckily we have insurance.

Enjoy your winter sun, *******

John Gentleman

I've been to Gran Canaria a few times in January. It's warm, around 20-25c, so like a good summer's day here ( if you can remember one!) which suits me because I don't like it too hot. Still hott enough to sit / lie about in but cool at night.

That's called "a cool change" in Adelaide between December and March!

scottish_chicP

Just canceled our trip to Puerto Rico this evening. 90 mph winds and 3 days of rain made up our minds. Luckily we have insurance.

Enjoy your winter sun, *******

Oh that's rubbish! Does that mean you'll get all your money back?

Bridge of Djoum

Oh that's rubbish! Does that mean you'll get all your money back?

Thankfully yes.

Our insurance company told us anything the travel company doesn't reimburse us, they will. Of course we'll lose the insurance cost, about $200.

Archived