Today's other football

CJGJ

Terrible refereeing decision to send Mane off and Manchester City are 1-0 up against Liverpool

Just terrible..yellow but not red

MacDonald Jardine

I can see why looking at it in real time but it was probably more a booking.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Will be an interesting debate that red card.

Thought it was an awful challenge myself, deserved red. Even if Mane had his eyes on the ball, his studs were still chest/head height and he caught Ederson badly.

Opinions are split among the pundits.

It's a hard one because of the rules.

They've turned these types of 50/50 challenges into potential res cards.

In the same way an overhead kick should be banned for being high boot.

Yeah probably spoiled the game as well.  Mane should probably have went for it with his head, but I was pretty shocked when he showed him a straight red.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Can't really complain if you're going to stick your studs in another player's face. Debatable but not awful decision imo.

Will be an interesting debate that red card.

Thought it was an awful challenge myself, deserved red. Even if Mane had his eyes on the ball, his studs were still chest/head height and he caught Ederson badly.

His eyes were firmly on the ball yes, but that's not a case for the defence , he has to be aware of the keeper coming out and if he's got a chance of winning that, he didn't have a chance of winning the challenge in my opinion and ended up kicking the keeper in the head so it is absolutely a red card.

His eyes were firmly on the ball yes, but that's not a case for the defence , he has to be aware of the keeper coming out and if he's got a chance of winning that, he didn't have a chance of winning the challenge in my opinion and ended up kicking the keeper in the head so it is absolutely a red card.

Yep, totally agree, was just noting Gary Neville's case for his defence. Mentioned something about Ederson being a goalkeeper as well so he shouldn't have been out there which is just drivel.

He went clearly for the ball....the goalkeeper being outside his area headed the ball and just got there first

The follow through from the keeper after his header caused the collision and whilst he was clearly hurt and sadly substituted it was just one of those football collisions.........If Mane had been hurt in the collision would the keeper have been sent off.. I doubt it

The referee was too caught up in the injury without truly assessing the incident.. but it's all opinion of course.

2-0 Manchester City

He went clearly for the ball....the goalkeeper being outside his area headed the ball and just got there first

The follow through from the keeper after his header caused the collision and whilst he was clearly hurt and sadly substituted it was just one of those football collisions.........If Mane had been hurt in the collision would the keeper have been sent off.. I doubt it

The referee was too caught up in the injury without truly assessing the incident.. but it's all opinion of course.

2-0 Manchester City

It's dangerous play, if roles were reversed and the keeper had came flying out with his boot and Mane had gone with the head then it would be a red for the keeper, you have be careful in those situations and weigh up whether you can get there because the consequences of getting it wrong is seriously injuring your opponent and getting a red card which is what happened.

Shame because it ruins the game but the ref has to do his job properly.

It's dangerous play, if roles were reversed and the keeper had came flying out with his boot and Mane had gone with the head then it would be a red for the keeper, you have be careful in those situations and weigh up whether you can get there because the consequences of getting it wrong is seriously injuring your opponent and getting a red card which is what happened.

Shame because it ruins the game but the ref has to do his job properly.

If only referees were consistent and sent the goalkeepers off for doing the exact same thing week after week

Don't think Moss is a very good referee generally but he seemed to handle it well. Kept calm, made (imo) the correct decision, then actually went and explained it to Klopp.

Don't think Moss is a very good referee generally but he seemed to handle it well. Kept calm, made (imo) the correct decision, then actually went and explained it to Klopp.

have to agree, i think he got this one spot on. If the refs stick to letter of thw law they would get more correct decisions. Of course that will result in really pissing people off, but thats not their problem.

Probably worth pointing out that even with 10 men a flying Liverpool could still do damage to that Man City defence.

But regardless of the sending off Liverpool were flat and generally quite woeful that half.

I think a red is the right call but I don't think anyone would have complained had it been a yellow.

Man City running all over them now.

Terrible refereeing decision to send Mane off and Manchester City are 1-0 up against Liverpool

Just terrible..yellow but not red

Comedy. He didn't mean it, but it was clearly a dangerous tackle.

Liverpool beat Arsenal 4-0, then get duffed 5-0 of Man City...... I'm beginning to hate fantasy football. :(

Vermins 4th penalty of the season - still diving all over the pitch no doubt

They have stokes and lennon. Two vile disgusting sc*mb*ags

What a player Aguero is. Just scored a fantastic goal to complete his hat trick. Personally think only Henry has been a better foreign forward in the EPL years.

Ffs listen to Rodgers,it's nice to come back from a midweek defeat and press the reset button.Its Ross county.I despair.

Did he mention the gulf in budget between Celtic and Ross County?

MacDonald Jardine

Over 6,600 at East End park today. An excellent crowd in the modern era for them.

It is but it's a sad sign of the times that we look on this as an excellent crowd.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Archived