Wayne Rooney drink driving - given 2 year ban

Outlander

Awkward for Sky Sports News when Kirsty Gallacher has to tell the Rooney drink driving story, after being charged herself in August.

He'll get off with it.

Mind Fergie was caught belting up the hard shoulder to avoid delays and got away with it because he was gagging for a shit. It's galling.

Son Of Anarchy

Idiotic and deadly. Nothing much will happen as has the best lawyers available. Idiotic man in street gets ban. Idiotic rich footballer doesn't (possibility anyway). Plead guilty, take the ban, employ a helicopter pilot and chauffeur, jobs a guid un ;)

I mean, he can't be expected to take a taxi on an Everton wage.

Exactly. No excuses from his point of view.

If these guys weren't football players most of them would struggle to get a gig in Greggs.

I kind of feel for the "day afters" folk (kind of, but not much)

I totally don't for the driving home from the pubbers

This is a very wealthy guy who's idolised by thousands of kids (and adults) and he should be made an example of. Unfortunately, taking his licence away won't really impact on him at all, neither will giving him a large fine so, quite possibly, the best way to punish him would be to give him several hundred hours of community service to be spent in an alcohol awareness centre. No doubt, though, his sharp-suited, expensive lawyers will come up with 101 reasons why he shouldn't be punished.

This is a very wealthy guy who's idolised by thousands of kids (and adults) and he should be made an example of. Unfortunately, taking his licence away won't really impact on him at all, neither will giving him a large fine so, quite possibly, the best way to punish him would be to give him several hundred hours of community service to be spent in an alcohol awareness centre. No doubt, though, his sharp-suited, expensive lawyers will come up with 101 reasons why he shouldn't be punished.

He shouldn't be treated any different to anyone else. Either positively or negatively.

Son Of Anarchy

I've said this before too. Now that nobody has a clue how to work out what the legal limit is, zero is the only safe option.

Seemingly WR was posting pics in pub during the day so not clever.

He has been released on bail and is due to appear at Stockport Magistrates' Court later this month.

What use is bail for a guy who earns about ?100k a week (guessing)? They could fine him a thousand times over and it'd make literally no difference.

It's like the way UEFA fine clubs like Celtic for ?2,000. Pointless.

Shooter McGavin

Celebrities can drink drive & cause actual harm to members of the public and still get out of it. Nothing will come of it.

Are people thick you don't drink and drive its downright dangerous.

Shocking behaviour. Throw the book at him.

Would rather they fined him heavily and banned him from driving..

Can't see what good throwing a book at him would do.

Would maybe hurt him for few seconds, but he might duck and miss him.

Geoff Kilpatrick

What use is bail for a guy who earns about ?100k a week (guessing)? They could fine him a thousand times over and it'd make literally no difference.

:cornette:

How many people get remanded in custody for drink-driving?

If I had his money, there would be a guy sitting ootside the boozer with the engine running every time I went on a bender.

Even if I wasn't drinking !

Scratch that.......East European lassie driver !

The boy's no very bright ! 

Giving a woman a lift home in her car whilst his wife was away on holiday

Whoops

In Waynes world there is no such thing as a free ride

He'll get let off or get a paltry fine and some points.

More to the point of any of us were done for drink driving we'd probably lose our car and our job.

Only those who provide over 100mg or those with a previous conviction within the last 5 years, seeing as you are asking. 

i wish jj was my dad

Just another example of arseholery from one of the biggest ones around

Indeed.

He could have a driver at his disposal 24/7 but he's too arrogant for that.

That is not my point, Rooney had to pay bail, as mentioned in various articles, most definitely an amount which is space change to him.

That is not my point, Rooney had to pay bail, as mentioned in various articles, most definitely an amount which is space change to him.

Bail bonds are an american thing.

King Of The Cat Cafe

People are dying in wars and natural disasters around the world; this country's future relationships with the EU are in a dire place; North Korea and the USA are on the verge of a nuclear war; Donald Trump is still in the White House - and yet Wayne Rooney is the top story on our news bulletins!

WTF is going on?

Just leave the car the day after.

He's probably a pretty low flight risk, I'd think...

King Of The Cat Cafe

He's probably a pretty low flight risk, I'd think...

Not sure about that, if a gust of wind catches those ears he could soon be a high flight risk....

MacDonald Jardine

You do realise if he isn't given bail He's remanded in custody until He's convicted or found not guilty?

Don't be ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

You've been watching too many American cop shows.

Do you know how many people get bail every day on the conditions they have a stable address, and promise not to commit any crime and turn up at court.

Mind you I eagerly await the live high speed chase as Rooney tries to cross the state line into Yorkshire.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You know what Peter?

You are Mr Angry (or Mr Resentful).

Between yesterday and today (I'm not even going to mention last month or previous months/years) you do absolutely nothing but moan about every topic.

You never post anything positive man.

It's a Hearts forum and things are looking a wee bit better. Lighten up.

People are dying in wars and natural disasters around the world; this country's future relationships with the EU are in a dire place; North Korea and the USA are on the verge of a nuclear war; Donald Trump is still in the White House - and yet Wayne Rooney is the top story on our news bulletins!

WTF is going on?

Surprised I had to scroll for so long before seeing this type of post.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

Dog the bounty hunter might be onto him soon

Geoff Kilpatrick

Idiotic and deadly. Nothing much will happen as has the best lawyers available. Idiotic man in street gets ban. Idiotic rich footballer doesn't (possibility anyway). Plead guilty, take the ban, employ a helicopter pilot and chauffeur, jobs a guid un ;)

Must have dreamt that Firmino got banned and fined 20 grand then.

Absolute no sympathy for him at all.

He'd been on the piss for 10 hours prior to the incident.

He didn't take his car out with him, but met a pissed girl and offered to drive her home in her car, presumably to get his end away when they arrived at her house.

All while his pregnant Mrs is away with their other 3 kids.

It's probably a good thing that he was stopped as given how drunk the girl was, there's a good chance that he could have been accused of rape the next morning.

Also I don't buy this whole "he'll get away with it" chat.

If he's been charged, it means that he'll have been taken to the police station and he'll have blown over the limit on the official machine.

There's very few excuses for that and I doubt he'll claim his drink was spiked etc.

He'll get a four figure fine, a ban for a year and will have to employ a driver.

All of which won't make much difference to him.

That's why professional footballers get caught more than others. They know they won't lose their job they can afford the fine, driver and increased insurance costs.

Goldstone Wonder

Also I don't buy this whole "he'll get away with it" chat.

If he's been charged, it means that he'll have been taken to the police station and he'll have blown over the limit on the official machine.

There's very few excuses for that and I doubt he'll claim his drink was spiked etc.

He'll get a four figure fine, a ban for a year and will have to employ a driver.

All of which won't make much difference to him.

That's why professional footballers get caught more than others. They know they won't lose their job they can afford the fine, driver and increased insurance costs.

. Bang on the money. He will only "get off" if there has been some procedural irregularities or errors on the part of the cops which is possible but unlikely.

Bail bonds are an american thing.

Ah okay fair enough :thumbsup: .

You know what Peter?

You are Mr Angry (or Mr Resentful).

Between yesterday and today (I'm not even going to mention last month or previous months/years) you do absolutely nothing but moan about every topic.

You never post anything positive man.

It's a Hearts forum and things are looking a wee bit better. Lighten up.

:rofl: :rofl:

So you're criticising me for having a go at a grown man who was caught drink-driving, something that kills innocent people every year, so he can (likely) take home another girl to :o while his pregnant wife and mother-of-his-3-kids is off on holiday, and who will most likely get off Scot-free simply because he's a celebrity? Enlighten me what positive aspects there are to a drink-driving slash adultery thread :rofl: .

This isn't even related to Hearts so why is the last part even relevant? You're an absolute embarrassment of life Morgan. I pity you.

Ah okay fair enough :thumbsup: .

:rofl: :rofl:

So you're criticising me for having a go at a grown man who was caught drink-driving, something that kills innocent people every year, so he can (likely) take home another girl to :o while his pregnant wife and mother-of-his-3-kids is off on holiday, and who will most likely get off Scot-free simply because he's a celebrity? Enlighten me what positive aspects there are to a drink-driving slash adultery thread :rofl: .

This isn't even related to Hearts so why is the last part even relevant? You're an absolute embarrassment of life Morgan. I pity you.

Ok, fair enough.

I actually wasn't meaning this specific thread but was merely using it to point out your constant moaning.

I can see how you took it that way and for that I apologise. In no way was I defending Rooney and his associated actions.

I still maintain that you never really have a good word for anyone or anything, but would draw the line at calling you an embarrassment of life.

I also don't require your 'pity' thanks.

Archived