Ann Budge - the hand that rocks the cradle

Hearts1975

One things for sure we are on a different path with Craig returning to the dug out now and one where inevitably is going to either see us return to the DOF role with the conveyor belt of coaches stepping up or back to having just a manager in the short/medium term

Given Anns faith in Craig and by this recent appointment you can't argue that she has went out on a limb with this recent decision - 2 scenarios will happen and which she will have been aware prior to the appt being made

1/ Craig gets the team playing and competing well - so much so that we get it right on the park

2/ it doesn't work out as to how we hoped it would (hope this is not the case but you always need a plan B)

Point is that if Craig is successful what then, if and when he steps back do we go back to the DOF system and give it another go bringing through a young inexperienced coach or bringing in another experienced Manager to work under Craig?

Or, do we get another manager in and scrap the dog role for good?

I just wonder what Ann is thinking on the basis that if it doesn't work out what would be the plan then for Craig, if there would be any further plan at all?

Would be good to hear everyone's thoughts on this as I'm pretty certain these scenarios would have already been considered by the board when they met to discuss?

We have to get behind Craig now and give him our full support - that's the right thing to do and regardless of personal feeling it's what any true Jambos will do - that goes without saying

What does everyone think about this? I mean it's a bit down the line but in terms of the possible permutations with regards the appointment and depending on outcome how we move forward with the structure?

Archived