We're skint.....

Martin_T

Since Ann Budge has taken over haven't we posted profits in the last 3 full financial years? Not sure what has happened since the end of season 2016/17 that has now made us so skint.

Yes the club is going through a one off scenario of building of the new stand which might stretch the purse strings but once that is done we will be absolutely laughing.

Or maybe some of our supporters would have us stuck with mortgages for decades like Hibs have saddled themselves with.

I for one am sick of hearing people making up total garbage about our clubs finances, playing staff, coaching staff and club structure.

The club makes regular statements on the official website I for one trust these much more than some gobshites on the internet.

Not sure what these fantasists will have to moan about in a year when we have a fully paid for new stadium.

Regarding the regular statements, the first one about the delay to the stand was a lie, so although I trust the club, it now has form under the current regime for being untruthful.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bowmans_Boot

Regarding the regular statements, the first one about the delay to the stand was a lie, so although I trust the club, it now has form under the current regime for being untruthful.

This has been conveniently forgotten/ignored by many on here. Unsurprisingly.

I'd love that we weren't skint, but we are and we need to accept that. A thread bare squad - 4 weeks no manager, run by the u20s coach who is one of the front runners for the job - new stand overrun - Cathro wouldn't leave with no compensation - whether it's walker,djoum,Nicholson a major part of our plan is/was transfer income and we know how that's gone... and the cupboards pretty bare.

We are in a Major crisis and I hate that fact... but it's true. It's not a knee jerk reaction but based on the facts (we've made many many mistakes to get here).

Away back to hobo. net ya clown. You haven't presented any facts.

Ridiculous thread and worse thread title. Do we really need the likes of this negativity ? Does the OP (and others) really think Ann Budge is going to let us go to rack and ruin again.

I despair

If we don't have the funds well, we can't buy, and we won't  get much coming in .  The injury to Patterson as I said at the time would prove relatively disastrous for the coming season.

It was also highly symbolic.  The incoming Cathro and the strong Patterson would never have worked things out anyhow.

Not only that,.Calum represented much of what was good about the team a year ago.  Also the loss of the money for him OR the loss of his qualities. 

It is much different.  We really need to make sure we have a very strong defence, as not much else is going to happen.  Midfield, is crap. just rubbish. We would be better blooding some more academy lads.  Alternatively, buy. But we don't have the cash.     Several of what we have, are turgid.  Lafferty, could do well if served well, we will see.

I am seriously reminded, that not that long ago, we had.. playoffs.  We are not better than any team in this league at this time.  Organisation of our team and consistency will be essential for our league survival, yes I said, our league survival, this term. Superior squads,  working to well defined management organisation, such as St Jonhstone, remind us so. 

The new " manager" , then, has his work cut out, and cannot bring new men in.  If we don't have two or more good signings this week better that what we have, then this will be a dire season.

Oh BTW  John Daly? forget it. 

Bowmans_Boot

This thread :rofl:

JKB at the moment :rofl:

This week is going to be epic.

Im unsure as to why our club being in turmoil merits this response. Weird.

Away back to hobo. net ya clown. You haven't presented any facts.

Has that tramp not been emptied yet.

JKB the tolerant forum, sometimes!

Im unsure as to why our club being in turmoil merits this response. Weird.

Turmoil :rofl:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I would say if I spent my budget or my wage i was skint.

Doesn't mean i am destitute but does mean i can't spend money.

Also some people get more wages than me. They can afford better assets. Skint cant afford maybe not exactly the same but nevertheless similar outcomes

I would say if I spent my budget or my wage i was skint.

Doesn't mean i am destitute but does mean i can't spend money.

Also some people get more wages than me. They can afford better assets. Skint cant afford maybe not exactly the same but nevertheless similar outcomes

Magic mushrooms?

Since Ann Budge has taken over haven't we posted profits in the last 3 full financial years? Not sure what has happened since the end of season 2016/17 that has now made us so skint.

Yes the club is going through a one off scenario of building of the new stand which might stretch the purse strings but once that is done we will be absolutely laughing.

Or maybe some of our supporters would have us stuck with mortgages for decades like Hibs have saddled themselves with.

I for one am sick of hearing people making up total garbage about our clubs finances, playing staff, coaching staff and club structure.

The club makes regular statements on the official website I for one trust these much more than some gobshites on the internet.

Not sure what these fantasists will have to moan about in a year when we have a fully paid for new stadium.

One year from now we won't have a fully paid for new stadium.

Not making up garbage goes both ways.

Ann Budge is a successful business woman. Only a complete moron would think she is sitting back watching Hearts get back into financial trouble. Unfortunately there seems to be a few morons on this thread masquerading as experts on all things financial.

As I said a lot of morons commenting on finances they have NO idea about then trying to pass of their nonsense as facts

Francis Albert

You may well be waiting a while for the new stand shortfall statement. It is long overdue and we were short, anyway, without the "chosen" overspend.

And before forgetting to order the seats. And realising that we had forgotten.

Has that tramp not been emptied yet.

JKB the tolerant forum, sometimes!

Too tolerant! A few others needing booted out as well.

Big Slim Stylee

I'd love that we weren't skint, but we are and we need to accept that. A thread bare squad - 4 weeks no manager, run by the u20s coach who is one of the front runners for the job - new stand overrun - Cathro wouldn't leave with no compensation - whether it's walker,djoum,Nicholson a major part of our plan is/was transfer income and we know how that's gone... and the cupboards pretty bare.

We are in a Major crisis and I hate that fact... but it's true. It's not a knee jerk reaction but based on the facts (we've made many many mistakes to get here).

You don't know the facts. In fact, you're just talking out your arse. Your first post is riddled with inaccuracies.

Hibs 1 v 3 Hamilton

Maybe AB should give more updates to FOH members because as somebody said this place is reekin. Just a thought.

If the club are short of cash then you would wonder why they played hardball with Walkers Fee.

losing him for nothing in january, meanwhile paying his wage to keep him fit. Who thought this was a good idea.

maroonedinoz

Load of Hamilton accies, we are not skint, talk about doom and gloom on here, gets worse every day.

Over reactions seem to be the norm on such message boards I visit.

When a new manager is brought in and we win two games in a row, we'll be back to the world beaters posts!

Some jump from white to black overnight..or vice versa.....without giving grey a look in!

You need to see it for what it is.. then solve it !!

A bit of good luck and better decisions and it's moving forwards.

I hope the Cathro lows are as far down as we could get and the only way is up....

The most negative postet. Your days must be shan; self-pity and pessimism abound.

Hibs 1 v 3 Hamilton

And we still have 8000 fans raising money every month...have they still got the boy pleading to get transfer money raised for popcorn teeth?

No Scottish club (apart from Septic) can spunk ?14M on a stand and then be flush with money.

Unfortunately for the Hobos when the new stand fully opens, especially for the ones posting on here, we have the fan base to reap the benefits from the hospitality suits and the stadium bars to have a greater income.

i wish jj was my dad

It depends what is meant by skint.

If it means we're in serious financial doo-doo, then we're not skint.

If it means we're stuck with the budget we have and we've no choice but to be careful, then we're skint.

I think most clubs would consider themselves skint using that definition.

Very good perspective. As much as I don't want it I would take a couple of seasons outside the top six if that's the price to pay for creating the single biggest piece of infrastructure possibly in our history.

The risk is some noisy bams on the internet are creating the same hysterical negativity that fuelled the economic crash 10 years ago. If we can get through the next couple of seasons withour dropping season tickets and subs we will be in our healthiest position ever.

Rather than slating AB we should be thanking our stars that we have her.

i wish jj was my dad

If it means we're stuck with the budget we have and we've no choice but to be careful, then we're skint.

Very good perspective. As much as I don't want it I would take a couple of seasons outside the top six if that's the price to pay for creating the single biggest piece of infrastructure possibly in our history.

The risk is some noisy bams on the internet are creating the same hysterical negativity that fuelled the economic crash 10 years ago. If we can get through the next couple of seasons withour dropping season tickets and subs we will be in our healthiest position ever.

i wish jj was my dad

Archived