Student Accounts - Overdraft

Gunny11

Does any know how long you get to pay off an overdraft at the end of uni?

Im with the Halifax and im graduating in 2 weeks. Ive heard a year from graduating? Is this correct?

Cheers in advance

Does any know how long you get to pay off an overdraft at the end of uni?

Im with the Halifax and im graduating in 2 weeks. Ive heard a year from graduating? Is this correct?

Cheers in advance

It will be in the small print on the information they gave you when you first opened your account!

They'll probably change your account to a graduate account and give you another year before they change it to a standard account.

They'll probably change your account to a graduate account and give you another year before they change it to a standard account.

Yup

Romanov Stole My Pension

Im with BOS and I was told that after my studies i'll have another year

the voice from above

that's what was supposed to happen with myself, three years later and i've still got a free overdraft :) and account that switches between a graduate and a student account depending on which branch i go into :confused:, doesn't exactly fill you with confidence does it?

I might switch to a bank that knows my mind and is run by a sure minded fellow who knows how to run a business and will look after my money through shrewd investments based on solid economic principles, ukio bankas here i come!!!!

that's what was supposed to happen with myself, three years later and i've still got a free overdraft :) and account that switches between a graduate and a student account depending on which branch i go into :confused:, doesn't exactly fill you with confidence does it?

Snap. I also get told that I cant go into the branches because student / graduate accounts are not stored locally. :confused:

I just started getting interest on my O/D and i graduated 2 years ago. Its still only about ?3 a month so nowt to get the knickers in a twist over. Theres plenty of time for saving in a few years time! All about going out and holidays ATM.

I left uni circa ten months ago and haven't heard anything yet. Which could be a problem, as I am still swimming in the overdraft!

With RBS, you're given more than a year if you're a Graduate. It's slowly reduced each year up to three years and then interest is charged.

However, if you're a graduate then you're also entitled to Graduate Loans, at preferential rates through certain banks.

Archived