The time is now !!!

robertbonaly

robertbonaly

On the back of the disgusting scenes in Manchester which were an affront to all of us decent Scots, is it not time the team outside of the Bigot Brothers start to use their collective strength to get them back in line with where they should be. Up until now we have had all this nonsense of their threat to leave the SPL and set up in England in either the Premier League or Championship. Do they really believe that is now a viable option - they have to be kidding. So why don't the rest of the decent Scottish Clubs tell them how it is going to be from now on and they either accept or get out - where are they going to go to now? They would be faced with just playing each other every week (let's see how much they enjoy that !!!) and the rest of us can get along fine in a really competitive league where more than two teams can actually have an opportunity to win it. We can all also go along with our families to matches without having to deal with these bigoted morons causing us issues each time we have them in Edinburgh - sick fed up of having to take dog's abuse from these Buckfast swilling **** hurling abuse at us and no one takes any notice it seems and that includes our Police force. It will take a strong stance by the rest of the right-minded clubs to make this work, but we are supposed to be in a new and enlightened Scotland these days and this needs to extend to our national sport in my view. I really wished I felt they had the "balls" to do it somehow. I do not see a time where the OF are so vulnerable so for goodess sake let's take the opportunity to deal with this cancer in our society as I for one have had more than enough of it!!!!

Suspect Device

tried that previously, to many of the wee teams bottled it and caved in - i think we had them beat too :sad:

(not the Pieman or Murderwell though it has to be said.)

you're right though, 'cause the EPL would welcome them (and their twin) with open arms wouldn't they :wacko:

PresidentRomanov
On the back of the disgusting scenes in Manchester which were an affront to all of us decent Scots, is it not time the team outside of the Bigot Brothers start to use their collective strength to get them back in line with where they should be. Up until now we have had all this nonsense of their threat to leave the SPL and set up in England in either the Premier League or Championship. Do they really believe that is now a viable option - they have to be kidding. So why don't the rest of the decent Scottish Clubs tell them how it is going to be from now on and they either accept or get out - where are they going to go to now? They would be faced with just playing each other every week (let's see how much they enjoy that !!!) and the rest of us can get along fine in a really competitive league where more than two teams can actually have an opportunity to win it. We can all also go along with our families to matches without having to deal with these bigoted morons causing us issues each time we have them in Edinburgh - sick fed up of having to take dog's abuse from these Buckfast swilling **** hurling abuse at us and no one takes any notice it seems and that includes our Police force. It will take a strong stance by the rest of the right-minded clubs to make this work, but we are supposed to be in a new and enlightened Scotland these days and this needs to extend to our national sport in my view. I really wished I felt they had the "balls" to do it somehow. I do not see a time where the OF are so vulnerable so for goodess sake let's take the opportunity to deal with this cancer in our society as I for one have had more than enough of it!!!!

:blah:

:blah:

Ah, as constructive as ever. Surely you have more to say or can you only comment with smilies and on 'uber-fan' threads?

For the OP, would be great if it could happen, just won't as the SFA / SPL are controlled by both and it would take a minimum of the top six teams outwith the OF to get the ball rolling and can you imagine that happening? Not a chance, all (bar Hearts) are mates with Murray and wouldn't want to rock his boat.

PresidentRomanov
Ah, as constructive as ever. Surely you have more to say or can you only comment with smilies and on 'uber-fan' threads?

For the OP, would be great if it could happen, just won't as the SFA / SPL are controlled by both and it would take a minimum of the top six teams outwith the OF to get the ball rolling and can you imagine that happening? Not a chance, all (bar Hearts) are mates with Murray and wouldn't want to rock his boat.

The SPL would be on a par with the Irish league's without the Old Firm.

If Hearts are ever going to win it, I'd like to beat them too.

And not a smiley in sight.

Seymour M Hersh
tried that previously, to many of the wee teams bottled it and caved in - i think we had them beat too :sad:

(not the Pieman or Murderwell though it has to be said.)

you're right though, 'cause the EPL would welcome them (and their twin) with open arms wouldn't they :wacko:

Eddie Thompson was first or one of the first to cave in iirc.

Seymour M Hersh
The SPL would be on a par with the Irish league's without the Old Firm.

If Hearts are ever going to win it, I'd like to beat them too.

And not a smiley in sight.

Absolute rot. There's is a part time league. That's just the sort of ridiculous scare mongering the OF like to do to threaten the rest. While I'd love to beat them both to win a league I'd rather, for the long term benefit of the game in Scotland, empty them to where ever would accept the low life trolls.

OFGTF imo.

PresidentRomanov
Absolute rot. There's is a part time league. That's just the sort of ridiculous scare mongering the OF like to do to threaten the rest. While I'd love to beat them both to win a league I'd rather, for the long term benefit of the game in Scotland, empty them to where ever would accept the low life trolls.

OFGTF imo.

Winning the SPL without the old firm in it, would mean as much as finishing third does now.

Interest in the league would soon dwindle, and the long term future of the Scottish game would suffer as a result.

I think your hatred for the old firm, is clouding your judgement on this one :)

Winning the SPL without the old firm in it, would mean as much as finishing third does now.

Interest in the league would soon dwindle, and the long term future of the Scottish game would suffer as a result.

Worst post i ever read

:mad:

OFGTF imo.

I agree. Interest would increase in Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc as they'd have a chance to win the league. Winning the league would mean more than third place does currently and it would also give the team in first a Champions League slot.

Most are missing the point by discussing Scottish football without the OF.

Thanks to the rankers fans in Manchester, the OF is here to stay.

I agree. Interest would increase in Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc as they'd have a chance to win the league. Winning the league would mean more than third place does currently and it would also give the team in first a Champions League slot.

Eggsactly. 10yrs from the start folk wouldn't give a sh*t about the OF, youngsters would follow their local team as opposed to the bigots and the SPL itself would flourish as a result with better attendances at all games from better fan support.

Lots of positives to be taken from getting them to feck, especially as the years follow, few from them not buggering off.

Hearts year on year in Champions League? Yes please.

Unfortunately as said above, never gonna happen :(

robertbonaly
Most are missing the point by discussing Scottish football without the OF.

Thanks to the rankers fans in Manchester, the OF is here to stay.

That is exactly my point - why do we have to accept the status quo - it does not need to be that way at all !!!!

PresidentRomanov

Without the old firm, Scotland's champions would more than likely face three qualifying ties, unseeded, so they'd still be miles away from the group stages.

Seymour M Hersh

Smilies back I see.

If winning gets you in Champions League you can bet your bottom dollar it would mean plenty. Also the hobo crowds went up when they were in the 1st division as they were doing well and winning. Fans want success (how do you think your beloved OF have built such large fan bases?). It would vbe a far more competitive league generating more interest from fans therefor increasing crowds. More families would be encouraged to go with out the low life that is IF fans infesting the game.

Actually while I despise the OF its apologists for them like you who threaten the future of Scottish football more.

Without the old firm, Scotland's champions would more than likely face three qualifying ties, unseeded, so they'd still be miles away from the group stages.

Give me Champions League qualifying stages over the UEFA cup please.

Bollox. You always say Romanov would put the cash in if viable, surely CL qualifying each year would make it so and therefore we could bring in some real talent. A squad of strength at Tynie is no different to the OF, they buy their success and so would we if the benefits were all too clear.

Even Aberdeen, Hibs and D.Utd could afford to splash a bit more cash with bigger gate receipts and chance of Euro campaigns year on year.

robertbonaly
Smilies back I see.

If winning gets you in Champions League you can bet your bottom dollar it would mean plenty. Also the hobo crowds went up when they were in the 1st division as they were doing well and winning. Fans want success (how do you think your beloved OF have built such large fan bases?). It would vbe a far more competitive league generating more interest from fans therefor increasing crowds. More families would be encouraged to go with out the low life that is IF fans infesting the game.

Actually while I despise the OF its apologists for them like you who threaten the future of Scottish football more.

Excellent indeed - you are so right - too many people with closed minds on all of this. I know it is probably not going to happen, but what needs to be done is to ensure that the OF know we know they don't have as many cards up their sleeves as they seem to think they do all the time. Bottom line is bigotry is a major scurge on our society that needs to be tackled head-on if we want to take our place in the world. Too many people also don't even know why it is they are supposed to hate the other side and that is a massive part of the problem - ignorance, pure and simple. The word "hate" needs to be extinguished from our vocabulary as it is a horrendous word and causes so many issues for us all. Let's take a stance on all of this and say eneough is enough and this is how it is going to be folks from now on - we miss this opportunity then we get all we deserve really !!!

Hagar the Horrible

Any chance the OF have of escaping the SPL went with Rangers in Manchester, both have baggage that the EPL could do without, so why not start a campaign for Hearts to move to the EPL with ANO once our new stadium is complete;)

I had heard that Thellik were in discussions with the Irish football FA (& Hurling thingy) to move lock stock and barrel to Dublin and play at Croke Park until they built a 100k all seater stadium on the outskirsts of Dublin:confused: Then again it was an Oirishman from Dhublyn that told me that and he was brahms and liszt:wacko: Its all gone for a burton now in any case. but good riddence , and the SPL would have flourished IMO.

Absolute Bollox, The interest by supporters would increase, Families would go to more games, Leagues would be closer and TV revenue would be split more equally amongst the clubs...The only "Problem" would be the lack of "atmosphere" at games for the likes you and the bigots on here...:mad:

I wait patiently for the mods to contact me on this one...Sick of the P*** him and the rest of the Hunboy 3 spout on here...They don't say anything outright,BUT....:wacko::hobofish:

Absolute Bollox, The interest by supporters would increase, Families would go to more games, Leagues would be closer and TV revenue would be split more equally amongst the clubs...The only "Problem" would be the lack of "atmosphere" at games for the likes you and the bigots on here...:mad:

I wait patiently for the mods to contact me on this one...Sick of the P*** him and the rest of the Hunboy 3 spout on here...They don't say anything outright,BUT....:wacko::hobofish:

Good post. How long 'til this thread gets closed...

PresidentRomanov

There would be no tv money :confused:

And I wish you lot would make up your minds, that's me a hun boy AND a Celtic apologist now :rolleyes:

And as for families going to games, my son has had a season ticket beside me in section E for over ten years :)

Seymour M Hersh
Excellent indeed - you are so right - too many people with closed minds on all of this. I know it is probably not going to happen, but what needs to be done is to ensure that the OF know we know they don't have as many cards up their sleeves as they seem to think they do all the time. Bottom line is bigotry is a major scurge on our society that needs to be tackled head-on if we want to take our place in the world. Too many people also don't even know why it is they are supposed to hate the other side and that is a massive part of the problem - ignorance, pure and simple. The word "hate" needs to be extinguished from our vocabulary as it is a horrendous word and causes so many issues for us all. Let's take a stance on all of this and say eneough is enough and this is how it is going to be folks from now on - we miss this opportunity then we get all we deserve really !!!

Now that's going too far RB. It would ruin the Europe Song which is one of my favs!;)

And I wish you lot would make up your minds, that's me a hun boy AND a Celtic apologist now :rolleyes:

And as for families going to games, my son has had a season ticket beside me in section E for over ten years :)

There would be TV money...There's TV money at the moment, or are Satan Telly getting the games for nothing?? :confused:

And my mind was made up for me a while ago with you and your "mate"...HUNS!!

I hope your son doesn't pick up your obvious habits...or do you Just do it on this forum for kicks?? :rolleyes:

PresidentRomanov
There would be TV money...There's TV money at the moment, or are Satan Telly getting the games for nothing?? :confused:

And my mind was made up for me a while ago with you and your "mate"...HUNS!!

I hope your son doesn't pick up your obvious habits...or do you Just do it on this forum for kicks?? :rolleyes:

Remember and point out the abuse you've just gave me, when the mods get in touch with you :)

Now get back to sooking your dummy while you're waiting :frustrated:

the voice from above

Use paragraphs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

That is just a wall of words...

:eek: is that you mystic meg!?

It would need someone at the SPL with bigger cahoonas then at present to run with this.

Unfortunately the 'powers that be' are under the OF spell anyway and don't see any problem whatsoever with the status quo. I also believe that this is why the likes of Tangoman get bummed up ..............to create the facade that there is genuine competition in the SPL and to dispel any thought that it is in fact a sham of a 'league' with nobody able to touch the OF

The main problem would of course be the TV money. Without that most

teams cant survive and SETANTA would threaten to pull the plug right away if their Celtic and rangers viewer base was in jeopardy.

You would have too get ITV and BBC onboard to stand any chance cos the fans simply cant give the financial support that is needed.

Remember and point out the abuse you've just gave me, when the mods get in touch with you :)

Now get back to sooking your dummy while you're waiting :frustrated:

Not happy at being outed as a closet???

Didums...:cool:

Want to come back with an reply on there being no TV money?? :confused:

PresidentRomanov

Want to come back with an reply on there being no TV money?? :confused:

Didums :eek:

I'm not the one going crying to the mods :rolleyes:

If you think there would be any tv compamies interested in a second rate league wout the old firm, you're a bigger idiot than I took you for.

this_is_my_story

Want to come back with a reply on there being no TV money?? :confused:

Tynie B...

PickyBum is more or less correct in what he's saying. You rightly point out in one of your earlier posts that Setanta don't get coverage of the SPL games for nothing, even if that was overstating the obvious just a little. Now consider this. How many live SPL games per season do Setanta broadcast that don't involve Celtic or Rangers? I'm prepared to be corrected, but would guess the figure to be around half a dozen.

All of the games involving Celtic and Rangers (other than the Old Firm derbies) which are broadcast live on Setanta are always away fixtures for these two teams, which should make it obvious that Setanta are catering for the vast majority of their subscribers, because Setanta know fine well that the Old Firm fans' demands for tickets will never be met for these games as they'll only get a few thousand tickets. Fair to say then, that the lion's share of Scottish subscribers are Celtic & Rangers fans (and the same can be most likely be said of the Irish fans who are signed up to Setanta, they have a lot of subscribers in Ireland).

No Old Firm in the SPL would mean Setanta dropping their interest in it completely, and the most likely outcome would be that we'd have good old Scotsport on a monday night, a few live games here and there over the season, and not much else. Hope that clears it up for you.

And for what it's worth, I honestly couldn't get really excited about Hearts winning the SPL without the OF in it - deep down, you know we'd still only really be the 'best of the rest'.

Ron Burgundy

If Hearts were to win the league then personally it would mean more to me to do it having beaten the Infirm.

I know that obviously we have a far better chance of doing that with them gone but it would be a bit like winning a gold medal in the special olympics rather than the real thing.

Just my opinion.

How many live SPL games per season do Setanta broadcast that don't involve Celtic or Rangers?

The agreement between the SPL and Setanta was specifically written in a way that ensures the vast majority of games feature sellik or Rangers FC. The result is Setanta get the product demanded by the bulk of their subscribers, while the SPL can claim games are being shared out equally across the member clubs.

The bottom line is that without sellik or Rangers FC, the SPL does not have a product that would be of the slightest interest to any tv company.

The agreement between the SPL and Setanta was specifically written in a way that ensures the vast majority of games feature sellik or Rangers FC. The result is Setanta get the product demanded by the bulk of their subscribers, while the SPL can claim games are being shared out equally across the member clubs.

The bottom line is that without sellik or Rangers FC, the SPL does not have a product that would be of the slightest interest to any tv company.

:eek: source?:rolleyes:

If Hearts were to win the league then personally it would mean more to me to do it having beaten the Infirm.

I know that obviously we have a far better chance of doing that with them gone but it would be a bit like winning a gold medal in the special olympics rather than the real thing.

Just my opinion.

Completely agree.

Rangers and Celtic are going nowhere. Is the voting structure of the SPL not such, that if the majority of the members wanted to, they could vote in changes to the way gate receipts and TV monies were split?

I want to win the league flag, beating Scotland's two biggest clubs to it. That would be the only satisfying way to win it.

Completely agree.

Rangers and Celtic are going nowhere. Is the voting structure of the SPL not such, that if the majority of the members wanted to, they could vote in changes to the way gate receipts and TV monies were split?I want to win the league flag, beating Scotland's two biggest clubs to it. That would be the only satisfying way to win it.

Exactly - and with the Huns having shot down any move to the EPL for years to come after the Manchester disgrace, now is the time to put pressure on the Old Firm for real change. If they know they've got nowhere to run off to, they would have to adopt a more concilliary approach to the other clubs.

if the majority of the members wanted to, they could vote in changes to the way gate receipts and TV monies were split?

As with all things SPL related, it's not that simple. IIRC the situation is:

11-1 majority required to change split of tv revenue :eek:

10-2 majority required to change the number of clubs in the SPL :eek:

8-4 majority for everything else

As with all things SPL related, it's not that simple. IIRC the situation is:

11-1 majority required to change split of tv revenue :eek:

10-2 majority required to change the number of clubs in the SPL :eek:

8-4 majority for everything else

In that case, a non-starter then:sad:

davemclaren

I agree with this.

Didums :eek:

I'm not the one going crying to the mods :rolleyes:

If you think there would be any tv compamies interested in a second rate league wout the old firm, you're a bigger idiot than I took you for.

I'm not crying to any mods...I was waiting on them coming to me for outing you as a Hun Sympathiser (Bigot, same thing really)...Wouldn't really surprise anyone right enough...You make it pretty bloody obvious....:cool::byebye:

What would Satan telly do..."Fek it, there's nae bigot brothers any mare, lets just pack up and go...Wait, Dominos, let's televise the dominos!!"

YOUR world revolves round Rangers...believe it or not, there are THOUSANDS of supporters out there who couldn't give a **** if the Ugly sisters live or die. Get over it mate, NOT Everyone has YOUR veiws and can live without Bigotry!! :rolleyes:

this_is_my_story
I'm not crying to any mods...I was waiting on them coming to me for outing you as a Hun Sympathiser (Bigot, same thing really)...Wouldn't really surprise anyone right enough...You make it pretty bloody obvious....:cool::byebye:

What would Satan telly do..."Fek it, there's nae bigot brothers any mare, lets just pack up and go...Wait, Dominos, let's televise the dominos!!"

YOUR world revolves round Rangers...believe it or not, there are THOUSANDS of supporters out there who couldn't give a **** if the Ugly sisters live or die. Get over it mate, NOT Everyone has YOUR veiws and can live without Bigotry!! :rolleyes:

You miss the point entirely, and I'd like to see you back up your claims of any 'Hun sympathising' or 'bigotry' on this thread with actual quotes. Regarding your thoughts on what 'Satan' telly would do if the OF left the SPL - although you're trying to be sarcastic - that is precisely what would happen. Apart from televising the dominos of course...

Now, go and read posts #33 & 35 of the thread again and see if you can get your loaf round it - it really isn't rocket science.

Jam Tarts 1874

I don't think that the SPL would be much of a league without Rangers and Celtic. It is arguable whether or not a club of Hearts size would be able to manage without the money that the ugly sisters generate. But it is for certain that all the wee teams like Motherwell, St.Mirren, hibs, ICT etc etc would probably have to go part-time to try and survive on their poxy crowds.

I would be surprised if any of the broadcasters would want to show any Scottish games live so there would be a massive drop in income with perhaps only a token 30 minute high-lights programme similar to the current pathetic BBC Scotland coverage of the SPL.

If only Romanov had not messed up we could be justified in cutting further the ticket allocation that Rangers and Celtic morons get, it would be great if Hearts were to reduce the weegie's % allocation to the same miserable % that they give us. The fewer of these neanderthal's in Gorgie the beter.

PresidentRomanov

I don't think you're right in the head son :confused:

Rangers FC hasn't even been mentioned on this thread - I take it you do know what the old firm is?

Or am I a Celtic Sympathiser too now :confused:

Edit: OMG, I've just had a look at your profile, and you're the same age as me - I thought you about sixteen.

The Real Maroonblood
I don't think you're right in the head son :confused:

Rangers FC hasn't even been mentioned on this thread - I take it you do know what the old firm is?

Or am I a Celtic Sympathiser too now :confused:

Edit: OMG, I've just had a look at your profile, and you're the same age as me - I thought you about sixteen.

You missed out the FC.

;)

MacDonald Jardine

You mean just like the SFL leagues now?

Archived