U20s Tonight

Another Robbo

Another Robbo

Playing Dundee at Ochilview. Usual ?3 to get in with a 7.30 kick off.

Hopefully a decent performance from the kids after their cup win.

pattythejambo

Playing Dundee at Ochilview. Usual ?3 to get in with a 7.30 kick off.

Hopefully a decent performance from the kids after their cup win.

Any team news

Another Robbo

Mason Godhino Reid Galda Baur Petkov Beith Irving Currie Smith Zanatta

Paton Gandalf Sandison Morrison Ritchie Logan

pattythejambo

???? Score updates would be appreciated

...a bit disco

The team's getting a nice, settled look about it now.

Except Gandalf.

?

Another Robbo

The team's getting a nice, settled look about it now.

Except Gandalf.

?

Gajda sorry :)

0-1 Dundee

...a bit disco

Gajda sorry :)

0-1 Dundee

:thumbsup:

Oh shite.

Jean Louis Valois

Darren Jackson is here - new manager nap :)

Seen him driving out of Herriot watt at tea time.

Bridge of Djoum

Scouting for blackburn i believe.

Yep. Tommy Johnson, ex-Celtic team mate is Blackburn's head of recruitment.

Footballfirst

Yeah - second half was pretty forgetful.

The whole game was pretty forgetful.  Slow start then gradually came into the game, got the equaliser, then ................nothing.  I'll be kind and say that too many players had off nights.

Dundee was one of the teams who finished below us last season and tonight's Hearts side was relatively experienced, so should have been good enough to win.

The best player on the park was Dundee's trialist No. 6.

Jambof3tornado

The whole game was pretty forgetful. Slow start then gradually came into the game, got the equaliser, then ................nothing. I'll be kind and say that too many players had off nights.

Dundee was one of the teams who finished below us last season and tonight's Hearts side was relatively experienced, so should have been good enough to win.

Any clue as to the trialist?

Footballfirst

Any clue as to the trialist?

He was just down on the team lines as "Trialist".  I think his team mates called him Kalif or something similar.

Jambof3tornado

Just back all I can say about that game is I wish I hadn't bothered

U20s games tend to be shite or brilliant with little in between!!

Footballfirst

Dundee's trialist was Khalid Aucho,

From the Courier:

Midfielder Aucho (24) was linked with the Ibrox side last summer before joining the Dons on trial, only for the move to be scuppered due to a large transfer fee being requested by his club.

The Ugandan international, who has 32 caps for his country, spent last season with Red Star Belgrade and OFK Beograd in Serbia but is now a free agent.

They also played a second trialist, ex-Nottingham Forest striker James Demetriou, but didn't impress as much.

Funtime Jambo

The whole game was pretty forgetful.  Slow start then gradually came into the game, got the equaliser, then ................nothing.  I'll be kind and say that too many players had off nights.

Hearts were a young side with Zanatta and Beith being the only 2 over aged players,Dundee had 5 over aged players including Hateley who is 27 years old,the number 6 for Dundee you mention is 24 years of age,we had 15 year old Connor Smith playing for us who done excellent considering how young he is,so taking these facts into account a draw was a good result for the youngsters.

Footballfirst

Hearts were a young side with Zanatta and Beith being the only 2 over aged players,Dundee had 5 over aged players including Hateley who is 27 years old,the number 6 for Dundee you mention is 24 years of age,we had 15 year old Connor Smith playing for us who done excellent considering how young he is,so taking these facts into account a draw was a good result for the youngsters.

Godinho is also overage this season.

Funtime Jambo

Godinho is also overage this season.

Got half a game and it was his first game back after being out for most of last season,we also had 5 2000s and a 2002 playing for us,well done to the lads digging out a draw. :2thumbsup:

Funtime Jambo

Just back all I can say about that game is I wish I hadn't bothered

We had 5 2000s playing for us and a 2002,Dundee had 5 over aged players one being Hateley who is 27 years old so all in all it was a good performance from our youngsters and wont do their DEVELOPMENT any harm digging out a 1.1 draw  :2thumbsup:

Footballfirst

Got half a game and it was his first game back after being out for most of last season,we also had 5 2000s and a 2002 playing for us,well done to the lads digging out a draw. :2thumbsup:

I think you have some of the ages wrong.

Mason - 1998

Godinho - 1997

Gajda - 1999

Baur - 1999

Reid - 2000

Smith - 2002

Petkov - 1999

Irving - 2000

Beith - 1996

Currie - 1998

Zanatta - 1997

Subs

Sandison - 2001

Logan - 2001

Morrison - 1999

Funtime Jambo

Mason - 1998

Godinho - 1997

Gajda - 1999

Baur - 1999

Reid - 2000

Smith - 2002

Petkov - 1999

Irving - 2000

Beith - 1996

Currie - 1998

Zanatta - 1997

Subs

Sandison - 2001

Logan - 2001

Morrison - 1999

Mason - 1998

Godinho - 1997

Gajda - 1999

Baur - 1999

Reid - 2000

Smith - 2002

Petkov - 1999

Irving - 2000

Beith - 1996

Currie - 1998

Zanatta - 1997

Subs

Sandison - 2001

Logan - 2001

Morrison - 1999

I stand corrected we had 1-2002, 2-2000, 3-1999=6 youngsters all starting for us and 1-1999 and 2-2001 all coming on as subs so dosent change my point a very young Hearts team not an experienced team as you stated.

We had 5 2000s playing for us and a 2002,Dundee had 5 over aged players one being Hateley who is 27 years old so all in all it was a good performance from our youngsters and wont do their DEVELOPMENT any harm digging out a 1.1 draw  :2thumbsup:

I didn't say the lads didn't do well to get a draw and it is getting 15 year old kids great experience but it was still a crap game

Funtime Jambo

I didn't say the lads didn't do well to get a draw and it is getting 15 year old kids great experience but it was still a crap game

Never said you did just pointing out it was a young Hearts team.

Footballfirst

Never said you did just pointing out it was a young Hearts team.

Dundee had a 15 year old (2002) in their side too.

Mason - 1998

Godinho - 1997

Gajda - 1999

Baur - 1999

Reid - 2000

Smith - 2002

Petkov - 1999

Irving - 2000

Beith - 1996

Currie - 1998

Zanatta - 1997

Subs

Sandison - 2001

Logan - 2001

Morrison - 1999

Is Logan not a 2002 aswell?

Funtime Jambo

Dundee had a 15 year old (2002) in their side too.

Their 2002 wasnt up against a 27,25 and a 24 year old as we were a far younger team overall. 

Chris Hamilton just 16 and Marc Leonard 15 who will play for U20s have been away with Scotland U17s for tournament.

Chris started the last 2 games a 2-1 defeat to England and 2-0 win yesterday over Turkey. Marc started the first game a 2-1 defeat to Portugal and England.

Footballfirst

Chris Hamilton just 16 and Marc Leonard 15 who will play for U20s have been away with Scotland U17s for tournament.

Chris started the last 2 games a 2-1 defeat to England and 2-0 win yesterday over Turkey. Marc started the first game a 2-1 defeat to Portugal and England.

The first game was against Italy, not Portugal.  Italy beat England 2-1 last night to win the tournament. They also beat Turkey 2-0.

Chris also captained the side against England.  The captain for the final game against Turkey was Aaron Pressley (Steven's son) who was at Riccarton before the family moved south. If Steven Pressley got the managers job, I wonder if Aaron would rejoin the Academy.

The first game was against Italy, not Portugal. Italy beat England 2-1 last night to win the tournament. They also beat Turkey 2-0.

Chris also captained the side against England. The captain for the final game against Turkey was Aaron Pressley (Steven's son) who was at Riccarton before the family moved south. If Steven Pressley got the managers job, I wonder if Aaron would rejoin the Academy.

Cheers

Think U17s have a Euro qualifying tournament/group in October

Footballfirst

Cheers

Think U17s have a Euro qualifying tournament/group in October

Yes. Denmark Estonia and Andorra in the group  22-28 October.  The also have a couple of friendlies against Wales on 20 & 22 September.

The U16s also play in the Victory Shield between 23-27 October.

Archived