Ignorance is not bliss

tayldy

Like many others I have been continually returning to my PC to see if there is any news.................. I fully understand that there are certain things that need to remain confidential,however surely someone at Tynecastle could say something to reassure the faithful that we are progressing the search.

I find it strange that Weiss has gone public but Hearts have neither confirmed or denied that he is first choice.You would think that Romanov would have dictated what the timing of events would be i.e. Hearts will announce this properly at a time of their choice.

We_are_the_Hearts

The whole process has been a shambles. Anyone who disagrees is in denial. That's what happens when the owner has other priorities and refuses to trust anyone else to make decisions.

Jam Tarts 1874
The whole process has been a shambles. Anyone who disagrees is in denial. That's what happens when the owner has other priorities and refuses to trust anyone else to make decisions.

Anyone who says that it is a shambles is stupid. There, easy to be abusive with an ill-informed generalisation, isn't it. :rolleyes:

Like many others I have been continually returning to my PC to see if there is any news.................. I fully understand that there are certain things that need to remain confidential,however surely someone at Tynecastle could say something to reassure the faithful that we are progressing the search.

I find it strange that Weiss has gone public but Hearts have neither confirmed or denied that he is first choice.You would think that Romanov would have dictated what the timing of events would be i.e. Hearts will announce this properly at a time of their choice.

I keep checking online aswell mate. We must be half daft

We_are_the_Hearts
Anyone who says that it is a shambles is stupid. There, easy to be abusive with an ill-informed generalisation, isn't it. :rolleyes:

Abusive? Ill informed?

Oh dear, Vlad loves you;)

CornhillHearts

The McGhee thing was a shambles and this time it looks like they have learned their lesson ie no leeks.l

Maroon Mayhem

Communication from Hearts in general is a shambles, if any business other than a football club treated their customers this way they'd be dead. Just goes to show how blind loyalty can be abused.

Symptomatic of the society we live in.

24 hour rolling news when in fact things don't always happen that quickly. Anyway thank God for message boards because...

Sheriff Fatman
Communication from Hearts in general is a shambles, if any business other than a football club treated their customers this way they'd be dead. Just goes to show how blind loyalty can be abused.

So when Hearts try and keep negotiations confidential, a la Wiess, they are wrong to keep things from the supporters, but when information does come out, a la McGhee, they are wrong because other managers will think they are second choice. The club can't win with some on here.

Sheriff Fatman

In any other business other than a football club, it would be no business of the customers who is given a managers job. I can't remember endless speculation in the press and on message boards over who would be the next manager of Marks and Spencers, a business that has a much higher turn over and has many more loyal customers than any football club. That is a bad analogy there.

The McGhee thing was a shambles and this time it looks like they have learned their lesson ie no leeks.l

No leeks ? Surely you jest, how come we all know about it before hearts have commented and before the guy was interviewed ?

The Old Tolbooth
No leeks ? Surely you jest, how come we all know about it before hearts have commented and before the guy was interviewed ?

Just a few carrots mate ;)

WeeToonJambo

Who mentioned Welsh vegetables? They do make good soup though..

Maroon Mayhem
In any other business other than a football club, it would be no business of the customers who is given a managers job. I can't remember endless speculation in the press and on message boards over who would be the next manager of Marks and Spencers, a business that has a much higher turn over and has many more loyal customers than any football club. That is a bad analogy there.

Glad to see my post struck that much of a chord that you've replied twice.

If you'd actually have read it you'd (maybe) understand that I said communication from Hearts in general is poor. I wasn't talking specifically about the manager situation so I'm afraid the stupid analogy belongs to your goodself. :)

Sheriff Fatman
Glad to see my post struck that much of a chord that you've replied twice.

If you'd actually have read it you'd (maybe) understand that I said communication from Hearts in general is poor. I wasn't talking specifically about the manager situation so I'm afraid the stupid analogy belongs to your goodself. :)

Two seperate points, that's all.

If you post on a thread about information about the management situation, it is not that surprising that people will answer your points using the information about the management situation.

But even taking your saying that you were talking in general into account the point stands.

Football companies (including Hearts) give their customers far more information about the running of their business than the vast majority of other businesses. Asda don't give their customers anything like the amount of information about the running of their company that even Hearts do and I don't see them being 'dead'.

But I do notice that you don't comment on my point that the club can't win with some Hearts fans.

Shotgun-Boogie

The fans of any club are ultimately the most important stakeholders. That's why they need continual disclosure of info. However, i suspect given the McGee result (i.e. Egg on faces at HMFC), I suspect the club will rightly say nowt until pen has touched paper.

Irrespective of the above, the silence is still painful.

peebles jambo
I still think i can fit into my 34inch Levis. Now thats denial!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

brilliant

Maroon Mayhem

I'll try and keep this simple.

My point about blind loyalty has passed you by.

You say the customers of Marks and Spencers has more loyal customers than a football club. Interesting.

If Marks and Spencers were being mis-managed on the level we are, you could expect that customers would no longer get value for money, stock levels would be inconsistent and their normally happy staff wouldn't feel compelled to offer good service because they weren't in a compelling work environment. Throughout this, you believe that their customers wouldn't go elsewhere becasue they're so loyal to the M&S brand? The Economics for Dummies book will put you right on that.

Using that analogy with Hearts, my point about blind loyalty is that Hearts fans don't have a choice, we can't go to Easter Road or Ibrox so we have no choice.

Two seperate points, that's all.

If you post on a thread about information about the management situation, it is not that surprising that people will answer your points using the information about the management situation.

But even taking your saying that you were talking in general into account the point stands.

Football companies (including Hearts) give their customers far more information about the running of their business than the vast majority of other businesses. Asda don't give their customers anything like the amount of information about the running of their company that even Hearts do and I don't see them being 'dead'.

But I do notice that you don't comment on my point that the club can't win with some Hearts fans.

So we get a lot of information from Hearts? When's the last time Roman Romanov addressed the fans, he's the Chief Exec after all. It was December last year to save you looking it up. I don't wish to count his shambolic attempt at chairing the AGM.

There are positives, Campbell Ogylvie and Sergejus Fedotovas inspire me with a bit of confidence, the latter more because I think he has Romanov's ear.

As far as your point about the club not being able to win, they have with me. I've renewed mine and my sons season tickets but that's not to say I'm satisfied with the way I'm treated. Call it blind loyalty. :)

Sheriff Fatman
I'll try and keep this simple.

My point about blind loyalty has passed you by.

You say the customers of Marks and Spencers has more loyal customers than a football club. Interesting.

If Marks and Spencers were being mis-managed on the level we are, you could expect that customers would no longer get value for money, stock levels would be inconsistent and their normally happy staff wouldn't feel compelled to offer good service because they weren't in a compelling work environment. Throughout this, you believe that their customers wouldn't go elsewhere because they're so loyal to the M&S brand? The Economics for Dummies book will put you right on that.

Using that analogy with Hearts, my point about blind loyalty is that Hearts fans don't have a choice, we can't go to Easter Road or Ibrox so we have no choice.

So we get a lot of information from Hearts? Whens the last time Roman Romanov addressed the fans, he's the Chief Exec after all. It was December last year to save you looking it up. I don't wish to count his shambolic attempt at chairing the AGM.

There are positives, Campbell Ogylvie and Sergejus Fedotovas inspire me with a bit of confidence, the latter more because I think he has Romanov's ear.

As far as your point about the club not being able to win, they have with me. I've renewed mine and my sons season tickets but that's not to say I'm satisfied with the way I'm treated. Call it blind loyalty. :)

With Marks and Spencers, you might want to look into the recent history of the company. It went through a period of severely under performing and mis-management. However the company is well known for the brand loyalty it's customers have and many tens of thousand still religiously shopped there, with the many shops still turning over in a week what football clubs do in a year.

"When's the last time Roman Romanov addressed the fans"

You talk about the club not treating it's customers like any other business would, then also bring this up. Name me a Chairman of a company that regularly send out reports of what the company is doing to it's customers. There is an argument for the shareholders getting more information, but the regular fans have no right to demand regular updates.

Maroon Mayhem
With Marks and Spencers, you might want to look into the recent history of the company. It went through a period of severely under performing and mis-management. However the company is well known for the brand loyalty it's customers have and many tens of thousand still religiously shopped there, with the many shops still turning over in a week what football clubs do in a year.

"When's the last time Roman Romanov addressed the fans"

You talk about the club not treating it's customers like any other business would, then also bring this up. Name me a Chairman of a company that regularly send out reports of what the company is doing to it's customers. There is an argument for the shareholders getting more information, but the regular fans have no right to demand regular updates.

:stupid_post:

Archived