How crap is Royal Ascot?

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

I've always been a massive horse racing fan (in more ways than one), however when it comes to Royal Ascot, this race meeting really gets on my thrupenny bits!

Don't get me wrong, you get some fantastic racing at this meeting, however it's becoming more and more of a snobs paradise for rich slappers to get dolled up to the nines and show off because the telly cameras are there! It really does my head in when in between races all they talk about is who's wearing what type of hat, and how nice someones dress is ffs! IT'S A HORSE RACING PROGRAMME, TALK ABOUT HORSE RACING FFS!!!

Where are these rich ******* bints at the normal race meetings, like up the hill at Hexham on a freezing cold rainy/sleety day in the middle of January?

Anyway, rant over now and I'm back to normal and thought for those of you that's interested, that coverage starts at 2pm today on BBC1.

Here's my tip of the day, note the race times and only turn your telly onto BBC1 about 3 minutes before the race is due off, that way you don't get to suffer the pompous snobby tossers flaunting their hides with their wedding rings off.

The Old Tolbooth
Tariq for me mate, 2:30 :)

That's the horse I fancy too mate.

Just heard about the fake tan also, when will the snobbery stop? :confused:

Edit-Just re read the form book and Cesare must have an outstanding chance also

Jimmy in the saddle and already turned over Cesare this season.

Nucky Thompson
Tariq for me mate, 2:30 :)
Same for me, also Fleeting Spirit in the 3.05 can't get beat, it broke the course record at Sandown last time out despite missing the break at the start:) His owner reckons it's the fastest animal he has ever seen:eek:

wheatfield to sheffield

Having just travellled through Reading station (closest to Ascot) - there were certainly lots of high quality inbreeds (sorry, thoroughbreds) parading around in their summer dresses :P

Edit-Just re read the form book and Cesare must have an outstanding chance also

I suggest you watch the rest of snobby Ascot with the sound on mute, I have recorded it on my Sky+ to watch when I get in from work, so will be watching with the sound muted. Don't even get me started when the Beeb start creaming themselves when the Tax-Dodger (Lizzie) comes down in her carriage with her upper-class hangers-on beside her, wondering what colour of hat she is wearing, WHO FECKIN' CARES !!!

Viva La Revolution !!!

Rant over and for what it is worth, here are my selections for what this is really all about today, top-class horse racing:

Casare 2.30

Fleeting Spirit 3.05

Henrythenaviagator 3.45

Art Connoisseur 4.20 (NAP)

Tears of a Clown 4.55

Dabbers Chief 5.30

Enjoy the racing John, just remember to keep the sound down.

The Old Tolbooth
I suggest you watch the rest of snobby Ascot with the sound on mute, I have recorded it on my Sky+ to watch when I get in from work, so will be watching with the sound muted. Don't even get me started when the Beeb start creaming themselves when the Tax-Dodger (Lizzie) comes down in her carriage with her upper-class hangers-on beside her, wondering what colour of hat she is wearing, WHO FECKIN' CARES !!!

Viva La Revolution !!!

Rant over and for what it is worth, here are my selections for what this is really all about today, top-class horse racing:

Casare 2.30

Fleeting Spirit 3.05

Henrythenaviagator 3.45

Tears of a Clown 4.55

Dabbers Chief 5.30

Heh heh, cheers mate.

Sorry HANS, I've actually changed my mind :eek: and went for Cesare, although will cover my bet with Tariq just in case.

I agree with Boo about Fleeting Spirit, I just took 2.1/1 on Betfair about it as I reckon that's outstanding value, and apparently Frankie Dettori wanted the ride as the horse has improved beyond recognition but was told where to go. I'm glad Moore keeps the ride even although Frankies ridden the horse before.

duckandcover
I've always been a massive horse racing fan (in more ways than one), however when it comes to Royal Ascot, this race meeting really gets on my thrupenny bits!

Don't get me wrong, you get some fantastic racing at this meeting, however it's becoming more and more of a snobs paradise for rich slappers to get dolled up to the nines and show off because the telly cameras are there! It really does my head in when in between races all they talk about is who's wearing what type of hat, and how nice someones dress is ffs! IT'S A HORSE RACING PROGRAMME, TALK ABOUT HORSE RACING FFS!!!

Where are these rich ******* bints at the normal race meetings, like up the hill at Hexham on a freezing cold rainy/sleety day in the middle of January?

Anyway, rant over now and I'm back to normal and thought for those of you that's interested, that coverage starts at 2pm today on BBC1.

Here's my tip of the day, note the race times and only turn your telly onto BBC1 about 3 minutes before the race is due off, that way you don't get to suffer the pompous snobby tossers flaunting their hides with their wedding rings off.

Agree about the BBC, but you could just watch attheraces you can watch the races live for free on the website.

How are they going to ban fake tan? :laugh: Will there be fake tan attendants in wee uniforms huckling anyone seen as being "too orange"? That'd be cool.

The Old Tolbooth
How are they going to ban fake tan? :laugh: Will there be fake tan attendants in wee uniforms huckling anyone seen as being "too orange"? That'd be cool.

Jimmy Calderwood wouldn't get in that's for sure.

Nucky Thompson
Thats what I was thinking:rolleyes: Sunbed users will be able to sneak past security and those with the painted on stuff will be confronted with guys with buckets of soapy water and scrubbing brushes:)

Tanoid alert.....

Mr Jimmy Calderwood will not be allowed to enter the building !!!

'GTF ya orange weegie baz', I think that was glesca' speak for the official Ascot announcement...Please go away Mr Calderwood, you strange coloured Glaswegian *******.

I P Knightley
the pompous snobby tossers flaunting their hides with their wedding rings off.

What a lovely image you portray :)

I understand that the "fake tan" thing was put up by the Ascot lot for a laugh. So those pompous snobby tossers will be welcome even if their legs are stripy.

The Old Tolbooth

Cesare would have pished that had Spencer not got himself boxed in ffs!

Tariq didn't get a clear run either, saying that, seeing it again Tariq had the outside and if he was good enough he had time to do something.

Cesare would have pished that had Spencer not got himself boxed in ffs!

Tariq didn't get a clear run either, saying that, seeing it again Tariq had the outside and if he was good enough he had time to do something.

I have been saying this about Spencer for weeks he gets himself in all sorts of trouble then expects his horses to sprout wings, Richard Hughes is another one.:mad:

I have been saying this about Spencer for weeks he gets himself in all sorts of trouble then expects his horses to sprout wings, Richard Hughes is another one.:mad:

Stopped backing both of them a while back.

Selkirk_Jambo

Tariq was slow out of the stalls and had to go the long way round for a clear run. Add the fact that there was question marks over the trip being too long, I actually though it was a pretty decent run. Might not have won but would have been a lot closer.

The Old Tolbooth

Talk about an overhyped favourite in Fleeting Spirit

That's me for the day, and I'll just watch the rest and enjoy the racing :)

My placepot is still going. Finsceal Beo and Fleeting Spirit. Henry next.

Nucky Thompson

I know, pish favourite:cool: I'm going to oppose the Fav in the next race and go for twice over, it's Henry Cecils only mount of the day.

I know, pish favourite:cool: I'm going to oppose the Fav in the next race and go for twice over, it's Henry Cecils only mount of the day.

Forecast it then, Henry will pesh it.

The Old Tolbooth

Twice Over is a very interesting runner dropped back to a mile, also Falco is an interesting runner after landing the French 2000gns and could be anything.

The Old Tolbooth
I can't get a bet on but what are the odds for henrythenavigator?

It just won at 4/7, broke the course record too!

the voice from above
It just won at 4/7, broke the course record too!

nice... I love when the sure things/free money horses come in when I've no possible way of placing a bet...:):):)

Viva La Revolution !!!

Casare 2.30

Fleeting Spirit 3.05

Henrythenaviagator 3.45

Tears of a Clown 4.55

Dabbers Chief 5.30

My nap has just ****ed in !!! with Spencer up :rolleyes:

The Old Tolbooth
My nap has just ****ed in !!! with Spencer up :rolleyes:

Nice one mate, a nice working mans price too ;)

As much as I slated Spencer earlier on, I'm looking for him to win the next race, I wasn't going to have a wee flutter again on the nags today but how often does Philip Hobbs have a runner at Royal Ascot, he sends Liberate out in the next which is 2M 4F and stamina will definitely be the key to this one, and Liberate has won over 3 miles over jumps so I'm looking for him to be full of running at the finish as there are a lot of horses in the race that have never been this far before.

Fingers crossed.

I P Knightley

This is how rubbish Ascot is:

display.var.2348100.0.Princesses_add_touch_of_youth_to_opening_day_at_Royal_Ascot.php

I yield to no man in my admiration of Zara Phillips and, particularly, her chest but why-oh-why has Ascot made her put on a frock that makes her chestydangles appear as though they're my great aunt's???

Edit: photo link not working but go to http://www.theherald.co.uk for the offending picture.

Trying that photo again

2008-06-18.jpg

yup! There they are...

I`ve heard she always has a wee willie in her hand

I P Knightley
I`ve heard she always has a wee willie in her hand

You can say that safely just now while her boyfriend is over in New Zealand, tucked up quietly in his hotel room between matches...:rolleyes:

I P Knightley
Zara would definitely get it:)

In between Toytown, Mike Tindall and his mates in the England rugby squad, I'd imagine that she'd become accustomed to some fairly strenuous "getting it".

Could you handle it alone?

Archived