Velicka - Seems the Huns approve.

Dave 1974

hearts_crazy

I'm not signing up to that so i'll just have to take your word for it.

Not surprised they rate him mind, it seems it's only some jambos on kickback who thought he was gash, (no doubt based upon his nationality rather than anything to do with ability).

Guest JamboRobbo
I'm not signing up to that so i'll just have to take your word for it.

Not surprised they rate him mind, it seems it's only some jambos on kickback who thought he was gash, (no doubt based upon his nationality rather than anything to do with ability).

Aye, you've gotta watch out for all those racist Hearts fans. If it wasn't for them, we'd be in the CL by now and acknowldeging what a great manager Vlad is. :rolleyes:

Some quotes.

l

Default Re: Andrius Velicka

Actually, I always reckoned Velicka was alright! A no bad squad player.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:26

1st Team Regular

Much better front man than either cousin or darcheville , absolutely roasted them twice and gave us all sorts of problems

Some quotes.

l

Actually, I always reckoned Velicka was alright! A no bad squad player.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:26

1st Team Regular

Much better front man than either cousin or darcheville , absolutely roasted them twice and gave us all sorts of problems

Cheers for that Dave.

Darcheville, Cousin, Boyd, Naismith, Miller, Velicka, Lafferty.

They'll probably sell Boyd aswell, unbelievable.

jack D and coke
Wonder if the media will still describe him as "Another faceless/talentless Lith "

Perhaps not

Thats because he's not. I'll admit to being a bit sceptical about the guy when he first came but imo he's the only one who had genuinely won me over and he sells him. Only he turns up playing for the huns under 6 months later. You couldn't make it up. And if thinking the rest of the lithuanian's are cack makes me a racist then so be it but they can all **** off as far as i'm concerned. Almost to a man they're pish.

If we'd have signed Kenny Miller last season to play up front with Velicka, would any of us think that we'd have have had a forward line worthy of winning the SPL?

They'll have a reasonable forward line when those two are playing together. No more than that.

I'd have signed Miller, at least he knows where the goal is (well mostly) and he'd be better than the pish we currently have.

Though with our lack of penetration from midfield does it really matter who we have up front?

Good deal by the hun unfortunately, Vlad dropped the ball badly on this one.

Compare with kenny Miller anything would be an improvement

Gimme Kenny Miller over Velicka ANY day of the week.

Seymour M Hersh
Wonder if the media will still describe him as "Another faceless/talentless Lith "

Perhaps not

Good point. How will that useless chav of a reporter (word used very loosely) Jackson react. Talk about U turns. That dog is about to make one I bet.:mad:

No thanks. Although I'd take Kenny Miller on any day of the week when Hearts aren't playing. Maybe against no opposition Miller would be able to score a few goals. Only maybe though.

Maroon Mayhem

Really? :eek:

Absolute headless chicken - one of these players that never sets the heather alight but always seems to get the lucrative move.

Miller and Velicka will be a complimentary and potent strike force, unfortunately. I still can't believe we let Velicka go - I can see him in England the season after next and Rangers pocketing a hefty profit.

Maybe we should bring back Beni bam alam

coppercrutch

Whilst I would prefer he was still here this will prove very interesting.... IF he gets a run in the team through the whole season.

Back when there were HUGE debates about Velicka last year he was regularly desribed as a 'huddy' or 'journeyman' or much much worse by many posters on this site.

Now we may get (Unfortunately) to see what he can do with chances provided to him week in week out.

Whilst I would prefer he was still here this will prove very interesting.... IF he gets a run in the team through the whole season.

Back when there were HUGE debates about Velicka last year he was regularly desribed as a 'huddy' or 'journeyman' or much much worse by many posters on this site.

Now we may get (Unfortunately) to see what he can do with chances provided to him week in week out.

I think he is a journeyman. But playing in the SPL against pretty weak teams for Rangers will see him score a good number of goals.

I cannot see him playing for them in Europe though.

Charlie-Brown
I think he is a journeyman. But playing in the SPL against pretty weak teams for Rangers will see him score a good number of goals.

I cannot see him playing for them in Europe though.

Kirk Broadfoot? Charlie Adam?

Kirk Broadfoot? Charlie Adam?

Was Smith's first season in Europe this time. So had a make do approach I think for last season. If Velicka has been signed for Europe I suspect Smith/McCoist have lost their marbles.

It did show the Importance of a Manager though. That Smith could get a team which had a centre back from the bottom of the SPL playing at right back to a European final is indicative of what a manager can achieve.

Bert Le Clos

Kenny Miller

Hibs 12 goals in 45 games

Stenhousmuir 8 goals in 11 games

Rangers 8 goals in 30 games

Wolves 52 goals in 167 games

Celtic 7 goals in 33 games

Derby 4 goals in 30 games

Total 91 goals in 316 games

Goal every 3.47 games

Andrius Velicka

Kaunas 89 goals in 166 games

Anzhi Makhachkala 1 goal in 5 games

Irtysh Pavlodar 0 goals in 12 games

Hearts 19 goals in 47 games

Viking 3 goals in 8 games

Total 112 goals in 238 games

Goal every 2.1 games

Kenny Miller

Hibs 12 goals in 45 games

Stenhousmuir 8 goals in 11 games

Rangers 8 goals in 30 games

Wolves 52 goals in 167 games

Celtic 7 goals in 33 games

Derby 4 goals in 30 games

Total 91 goals in 316 games

Goal every 3.47 games

Andrius Velicka

Kaunas 89 goals in 166 games

Anzhi Makhachkala 1 goal in 5 games

Irtysh Pavlodar 0 goals in 12 games

Hearts 19 goals in 47 games

Viking 3 goals in 8 games

Total 112 goals in 238 games

Goal every 2.1 games

Level that these games were played at?

Level that the teams played in were at relative to the others in the league?

International record?

Other things that strikers can give the team - eg workrate, worrying defenders, making runs and space for others etc.

Kenny Miller is a far better player than Velicka. Perhaps not at belting the ball from outside the box, but in all other areas of the game.

who cares what they knuckle draging muppets think:confused:

Umm, those of us with an interest in footballing matters. :cool:

florahearts
Whats the betting Velicka finishes top scorer in the spl next season? :mad:

Bet he never gets booked in hun land,for "diving" He will be the greatest thing from sliced bread to the Weggie reporters now!!!

I honestly think he'll be a big disapointment through there. I thought he was distinctly average in his first two seasons. Yes, he did well last season but my gut feeling is that we saw the best of him then and I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to being mediocre.

Generic Username

No wonder they are excited at the prospect of Velicka next season. If he's fit for the seasons start (something we never managed to get him) then he could, oppertunities permitting, easily be a 20 a goal season player.

Oh and he's much better than Kenny Miller just because Kenny Miller is a wee rat faced, sun bed loving, sister touching cretin.

I think Velicka is useful to do hard work in easy games due to prevent "expensive players" from injures

Archived