More McGhee talk about the Jambos.....

Clerry Jambo

Guest JamboRobbo

Encouraging noises from McGhee, especially if he has ideas who we plan to bring in, or what our budget is for next season.

He seems to think we'll be the team to beat for 3rd....

Still full of compiments. you just gota love em... wish he had taken the chance to be our manager...seems like a really nice guy aswell as a really good manager :)

where everyone else has taken a potshot @ us...he has always maintained a dignified stance and not joined the masses in slating us.

Guest JamboRobbo
Can someone post the text, thanks.

Mark McGhee has no concerns about a potentially-hostile reception when Motherwell face Hearts after his dramatic U-turn last month. The former Wolves manager was on the steps of a Lithuania-bound plane heading for talks with Hearts majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov about the vacant manager's job when he turned back to agree an improved contract at Fir Park. The two clubs are now set to clash on the opening day of the new season at Tynecastle on August 9.

"I don`t know what that`s got to do with anything," McGhee said.

"By then Hearts will have a new manager and they will be looking forward to the new season."

Motherwell could not have been given a tougher start - after the Tynecastle trip, they play the five teams who joined them in the top six last season.

McGhee said: "Last season we had a run of games that looked as if it gave us a chance, against the less fancied teams if you like. This season it`s the reverse, it`s a really difficult start.

"At the moment I`m looking at the Hearts game, they beat us at home twice last season, so it`s a really hard game to start with.

"One thing I did do when I considered the Hearts job was have a right good look at Hearts. They have a really strong squad and they will strengthen this summer.

"I said it a few weeks ago, if we finish above Hearts next season then we will finish third."

Guest JamboRobbo
anybody who does give him a hostile reception ant tynie is a clown.

do you feel the same about all opposition managers, or just McGhee? I reckon he'll get the same treatment as all oppo managers - abuse. :laugh:

200milesfromgorgie
do you feel the same about all opposition managers, or just McGhee? I reckon he'll get the same treatment as all oppo managers - abuse. :laugh:

i should of said for his u-turn.

McGhee says Hearts will have a new manager in and players will be bought. Im not so sure that will happen. Its been the best part of a month now since McGhee rejected hearts to stay at a smaller club. Now Hearts are dithering on an appoinment. Vlad looks as if he is going to do things his way,once again,so it may well be another crazy pre-season with moaning and groaning from the players and come the start of the new season we get stuffed off motherwell at home!!. I can see this happening!!:sad:

Makes me even more certain that it is the Celtic job that McGhee is holding out for.

We finally agree on something. :)

McGhee says Hearts will have a new manager in and players will be bought. Im not so sure that will happen. Its been the best part of a month now since McGhee rejected hearts to stay at a smaller club. Now Hearts are dithering on an appoinment. Vlad looks as if he is going to do things his way,once again,so it may well be another crazy pre-season with moaning and groaning from the players and come the start of the new season we get stuffed off motherwell at home!!. I can see this happening!!:sad:

well if that happens....vlad will feel like a tit!... I do not think it will though. I think we will have the manager in place by this weekend.

"I said it a few weeks ago, if we finish above Hearts next season then we will finish third."

It this part that gets me, what happens if we finish in either second or third place and well finish above us, will he still think that the well have finished third, or does he not think that we will be that far up the table??

marshallschunkychicken

It certainly doesn't sound like the talk of a guy who rejected us cause we're going nowhere.

It certainly doesn't sound like the talk of a guy who rejected us cause we're going nowhere.

Totally agree and he being one of the very few who actually knows Vlads thinking and plans I find it very encouraging :cool:

Guest JamboRobbo
It this part that gets me, what happens if we finish in either second or third place and well finish above us

I guess McGhee was living in the real world. :P

I so wish he had came to us,he's a gentleman

The 'man' ? is a 2 faced snake who should shut the feck up about a club that he has nothing to do with.

Let him concentrate on building his 'reputation' for when ginger leaves sellik

anybody who does give him a hostile reception ant tynie is a clown.

Agreed. Lets all wish him well. applaud every decision he makes and cheer on his players.

In fact, why don't we all go in the Murderwell end and even sing songs.

slashishere
The 'man' ? is a 2 faced snake who should shut the feck up about a club that he has nothing to do with.

How's it going Vlad?, feeling the pressure a little!!

Fulham Jambo

If I was a being po faced I might say:

"what a tolerant chap you are!

ever thought of emigrating to Zimbabwe? you'd fit in just fine!"

fortunately I'm not so I won't....;)

All we need to do is pump MM and his diddy team on the opening game of the season and it'll be him that looks stupid.

Surely one of the main attributes for a successful manager is decision making !

The dithering way in which he ended up staying at Murderwell was pathetic IMO

Changing his mind 10 feet from the plane door ! Na no thanks :confused:

If I was a being po faced I might say:

"what a tolerant chap you are!

ever thought of emigrating to Zimbabwe? you'd fit in just fine!"

fortunately I'm not so I won't....;)

So you think my disgust of the self promoting 2-faced behaviour of MM means I'd find the regime in Zimbabwe to my liking :wacko:

Get a grip

Clerry Jambo
Not sure where he gets this from or am I missing something about our squad.

"They have a really strong squad"

Why is he being so nice about us??

Frail and Toly for this season

Our Manager Next season mibbe - no way is he getting the Celtic job:eek:

the guy is just waiting for Selick next season as he has said in his qoutes to the press over the last few weeks. What a COP OUT

Seymour M Hersh

Is he really? Or just very good at flattering fans? I still think we got out of jail there as his preferred destination is clearly darkheid. It'll be a laugh if wgs hangs around for a few more years as McGhee will be found out at murderwell imo and jump to the next decent offer. One place it wont be though is Tynecastle (assuming VR still owner).

Would a gentleman really imply that the team he manages are too small for him and that he'd much rather manage a better club? If I was a Motherwell fan I'd not be at all happy at what he has said about Motherwell recently.

All we need to do is pump MM and his diddy team on the opening game of the season and it'll be him that looks stupid.

Surely one of the main attributes for a successful manager is decision making !

The dithering way in which he ended up staying at Murderwell was pathetic IMO

Changing his mind 10 feet from the plane door ! Na no thanks :confused:

The reason he did not come to Hearts was ,like all the other capable people eligible for the job{most of whom would not touch the job with a barge pole}, he knew he would not be allowed to manage.,

Dagger Is Back

Couldn't agree more. He's the football equivalent of a slimey car salesman. I think MM and Motherwell will be well found out this year. MM got a lot of breaks last year with the rest of the competition, especially us, being murder, the fact that new managers coming in often give the squad a big lift and being able to choose from a reasonably settled squad.

marshallschunkychicken
The reason he did not come to Hearts was ,like all the other capable people eligible for the job{most of whom would not touch the job with a barge pole}, he knew he would not be allowed to manage.,

Jesus.

Here's another one.

rudi must stay
Why is he being so nice about us??

Frail and Toly for this season

Our Manager Next season mibbe - no way is he getting the Celtic job:eek:

he probably still wants to be considered by Vlad when thinking about a new manager

What? Did he find that out 10 feet from the plane? No i dont think so :confused:

Archived