Hnnnnggggg!!

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

You have to excuse MrH, as he forces out another pointless turd of an article to foster some angst and promote his own brand of hysteria and concern.

http://www.hearts.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=112748

Is Romanov Toying With Hearts Again?

I know there's a fair chance that it was yet more nonsense from journalists struggling to find stories outside of Euro 2008, but some of the reports I read yesterday about Vladimir Romanov's ponderings over the next manager of Hearts made for very interesting reading.

If we are to believe these ramblings, which contained a conspicuous lack of quotation marks it must be said, Romanov apparently offered the job to Icelander Gudjon Thordarson over the weekend, only to change his mind and offer it to Vladimir Weiss instead on Sunday. The reasons for this are not immediately clear, although it was summised that Thordarson's comments in the Scottish press late last week could well have had something to do with it, particularly the piece about being too old to 'take any ****'!

Perhaps even more worrying than our owner's unwillingness to employ a headstrong, single-minded manager though, was the allegation that Weiss was offered the job because he was the 'cheaper option'. Supposedly Thordarson and his backroom team, which was to include former England captain Terry Butcher (although I have yet to see any quotes attributed to Butcher stating any interest in this role!), would have cost the club around ?1 million to put together, as opposed to around ?300,000 for Weiss & co. Now, we all have to appreciate that finances in any business are important, but when we're talking about filling a position of such critical importance, then surely Romanov isn't seriously going to start counting the pennies is he? This is after all, a man who has splashed out ridiculous money on wages for the likes of Ibrahim Tall, Larry Kingston and Mauricio Pinilla over the past couple of years.

No - I refuse to believe that if Weiss gets the job, it will be solely down to money. It's more likely to be that this inexperienced Slovakian (who is a friend of former Celtic player Lubomir Moravcik) will be much easier to manipulate than the relatively grizzled Thordarson, who would probably walk as soon as the Romanovs started their nonsense with regards to first-team affairs. I'm not saying that Weiss definitely wouldn't, but reading between the lines it does sound as though he is much more likely to go along with our owner's style of 'management'.

Nothing has perhaps been officially announced yet, folks, but the signs are NOT looking good. Without wanting to steal Dalien's thunder as our chief bearer of bad news on this site, I really am struggling to see Hearts being in much better hands in this coming season than we have been over the past two years. Perhaps therefore, the only good thing that can come out of this is to get down to the bookies' whilst the odds on us being relegated are still reasonably attractive...............!

For those who can't be bothered reading the whole thing I've edited it down to the key points.

"If we are to believe these ramblings, which contained a conspicuous lack of quotation marks"

You can guess the rest

You have to excuse MrH, as he forces out another pointless turd of an article to foster some angst and promote his own brand of hysteria and concern.

http://www.hearts.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=112748

Yeah you go on Doc, keep you head in the sand, ignore these people who post negatively about Romanov, all is well, the league title is ours, what does Mr H know, god you'd think we'd finished 8th last year, had crippling debts around ?30M and we didn't have a manager the way that guy goes on!

marshallschunkychicken
For those who can't be bothered reading the whole thing I've edited it down to the key points.

"If we are to believe these ramblings, which contained a conspicuous lack of quotation marks"

You can guess the rest

I did like the reference to the 'inexperienced slovakian'.

Unless they mean inexperienced in British football, it's complete horsesh*t.

Dr. Bapswent
Yeah you go on Doc, keep you head in the sand, ignore these people who post negatively about Romanov, all is well, the league title is ours, what does Mr H know, god you'd think we'd finished 8th last year, had crippling debts around ?30M and we didn't have a manager the way that guy goes on!

At what point did I suggest I have my head in the sand or ignore any posters?

If your suggesting someone is blinkered, I think you should take a look at what you suggest in your own post.

colinmaroon

That's not what Dr Baps is saying - and you could hardly say that he's been a Vlad Sheep over the past while!

When you read this kind of "finger-in-the-air" - "head-up-your-****" comment,

"Romanov apparently offered the job to Icelander Gudjon Thordarson over the weekend, only to change his mind and offer it to Vladimir Weiss instead on Sunday;"

and words like "allegation" and "supposedly" and the way, at one and the same time, it's "If we are to believe" followed by telling it as if it were fact - it is a crud article in the Sun/Record tradition (BUT WORSE) - and it fully justifies condemnation!!!

It also now seems to be the case that anytime anyone says anything remotely positive or criticises rubbish like this, their heads are buried in the sand!!!

Well, I suppose - "supposedly" that is - having your head buried in the sand, beats having it shoved so far up, that all you can smell all the time is your own skoobala!!!

Dr. Bapswent
That's not what Dr Baps is saying - and you could hardly say that he's been a Vlad Sheep over the past while!

When you read this kind of "finger-in-the-air" - "head-up-your-****" comment,

"Romanov apparently offered the job to Icelander Gudjon Thordarson over the weekend, only to change his mind and offer it to Vladimir Weiss instead on Sunday;"

and words like "allegation" and "supposedly" and the way, at one and the same time, it's "If we are to believe" followed by telling it as if it were fact - it is a crud article in the Sun/Record tradition (BUT WORSE) - and it fully justifies condemnation!!!

It also now seems to be the case that anytime anyone says anything remotely positive or criticises rubbish like this, their heads are buried in the sand!!!

Well, I suppose - "supposedly" that is - having your head buried in the sand, beats having it shoved so far up, that all you can smell all the time is your own skoobala!!!

hooray.jpg

Some of that is spot on imho

I really think Weiss is a yes man

The whole him being manager of saturn in russia etc, stinks to the high heavens of team tampering, again this year.

Lets hope Mr Romanov does not decide to drop players, before trips to Darkheid or even worse Easter Road again.

A useless Jose in the team, an unfit pinnila in the team.

Enjoy

Ps before you say it, I am very dissapointed that I wont be getting a season ticket this year.

Maroon Mayhem

What a fine word Hnnnnggggg is, I can really feel your pain which is what drivel like this brings on!

I'm sorry but I don't see what the problem is? Don't get me wrong it's not my opinion but it is essentially that........"one man's opinion". He even says in it himself that he has no quotes and is just "reading between the lines".

No different that half the opinions on this board (although this guy will get paid for his thoughts!)

Guest JamboRobbo
I'm sorry but I don't see what the problem is? Don't get me wrong it's not my opinion but it is essentially that........"one man's opinion". He even says in it himself that he has no quotes and is just "reading between the lines".

No different that half the opinions on this board (although this guy will get paid for his thoughts!)

No no, we should all just jump on the bandwagon and have a go at him. Surely you can see that HMFC's current predicament is all his fault, for his nasty lying articles. So get stuck into a fellow jambo today.

Just don't say a bad word about Vlad tho. :P

The whole him being manager of saturn in russia etc, stinks to the high heavens of team tampering, again this year.

Lets hope Mr Romanov does not decide to drop players, before trips to Darkheid or even worse Easter Road again.

Enjoy

Ps before you say it, I am very dissapointed that I wont be getting a season ticket this year.

What is it that REALLY makes you think that or is it just a pessimistic guess?

Maroon Mayhem

Enjoy

Ogylvie: Nice to meet you Vladimir, good journey?

Weiss: Yes

Ogylvie: Have a seat. Cup of tea?

Ogylvie: Milk two sugars and a wee piece of Walkers finest?

Ogylive: So Vladimir, nice name incidently, can I call you Vlad?

Ogylvie: Do you have what it takes to make Hearts a force again?

etc etc etc

So there you have it, Weiss; a guy who hasn't even been appointed yet is a "yes man". FACT! :confused:

colinmaroon
No no, we should all just jump on the bandwagon and have a go at him. Surely you can see that HMFC's current predicament is all his fault, for his nasty lying articles. So get stuck into a fellow jambo today.

Just don't say a bad word about Vlad tho. :P

Not what's being said - and just typical of the point I was making!!!

ANYTHING that doesn't agree with 100% condemnation of EVERYTHING that Vlad does, says, imagines, or rather, "supposedly" does, says, or imagines - is blind optimism - the blindness, of course, being brought on by the fact that one's head is buried in the sand!!!

Well, as already mentioned in previous post, the logical conclusion is that sand does get in your eyes and ears, right enough, but it doesn't smell half as bad as the alternative!!!

Maroon Mayhem
Whilst its not a fact that guy is a yes man. Its not a fact that he not either.

The guy did say in his opinion. He never portrayed it was a FACT. I think that was you.

Time will tell etc. However, why do people believe all of sudden Vlad has changed his ways and is going to employ a manager and give him full autonomy? History tends to suggest otherwise and the past is often a good indicator for the future.

Whilst it's not a fact that Weiss is a pre-op transexual, it's not a fact that he is not either.

Whilst it's not a fact that Weiss once murdered fourteen of his neighbours in 1971, it's not a fact that he didn't.

See where I'm going with this?

PS You missed my tongue-in-cheek-kickback-stylee use of the word FACT.

No no, we should all just jump on the bandwagon and have a go at him. Surely you can see that HMFC's current predicament is all his fault, for his nasty lying articles.

Rubbish

You know full well that everything that is wrong with HMFC at the moment is entirely your fault personally for not writing enough moaning posts about it alerting people to the danger.

They've finally got round to interviewing managers now. If you really cared you would have been campaigning harder from January. You should have chained yourself to the railings at Riccarton and gone on Hunger strike, keeping us up to date over Wireless LAN from a laptop:

Day 12 of, we've still not got a manager and the hallucinations are getting really wierd, I just saw Callum Elliots face transform into a Anchovy and Mushroom Pizza, oh hold on...

Day 15: My ribs are showing, my face is gaunt, my eyes bloodshot and I've lost basic personal hygiene. I was almost mistaken hor a Hobo Junkie on a spying mission.

Day 17: Robbie Neilson moved by my plight stopped on his way out from training and offered me a Snickers bar. I can't say I wasn't tempted but I refused. Hearts having a new Scottish manager who meets my approval is all that is important, next to that my life is worthless

But no all you could be bothered doing was changing your signature and repeating variations of the same post over and over again.

Hearts still haven't got a manager because you simply don't care enough.

I hope you can live with the guilt

Guest JamboRobbo
Not what's being said

Of course not. It was a thread to say well done to a fellow Jambo for caring enough to write an article about his team.

Guest JamboRobbo
Rubbish

You know full well that everything that is wrong with HMFC at the moment is entirely your fault personally for not writing enough moaning posts about it alerting people to the danger.

They've finally got round to interviewing managers now. If you really cared you would have been campaigning harder from January. You should have chained yourself to the railings at Riccarton and gone on Hunger strike, keeping us up to date over Wireless LAN from a laptop:

But no all you could be bothered doing was changing your signature and repeating variations of the same post over and over again.

Hearts still haven't got a manager because you simply don't care enough.

I hope you can live with the guilt

I can only presume you've not been to Riccarton lately or you'd have seen me, almost withered away, trying to type o n e l a s t .. .. p .. o . s .... .. ...

i did my bit. It's all your fault. ;)

disclaimer: when I say "your fault", I actually mean "Vlads fault", seeing he was the one who made the decisions that led us to where we are today.

I can only presume you've not been to Riccarton lately or you'd have seen me, almost withered away, trying to type o n e l a s t .. .. p .. o . s .... .. ...

i did my bit. It's all your fault. ;)

serious_face.jpg

Maroon Mayhem
No I got the FACT thing. It was the use of capital letters that gave it away.

So the fact that no one knows, people are arguing on the probability of something occuring. Therefore, you can't dismiss on the basis of it can't be proved. If you do that, your dismissing your own argument.

Crazy I know!:confused:

What I pointed out was that someone stated "I really think Weiss is a yes man".

My question was based around the foundation of that "thought" when the guy hasn't been appointed let alone acted in a way to justify crticism.

Of course not. It was a thread to say well done to a fellow Jambo for caring enough to write an article about his team.

Not from certain posters on here it's not - not unless the article in question completely agrees with their own thoughts.

It's a reasonable article imo which doesn't claim anything as fact, so I fail to see what the problem is, other than it's a bit too realistic about what's likely to happen next at Tynie for some people.

shaun.lawson
Not from certain posters on here it's not - not unless the article in question completely agrees with their own thoughts.

It's a reasonable article imo which doesn't claim anything as fact, so I fail to see what the problem is, other than it's a bit too realistic about what's likely to happen next at Tynie for some people.

:Agree:

I've been broadly supportive of Weiss' prospective (actually, make that possible) appointment - but certainly don't have a problem with what Mr H has written. He might prove to be dead right - but in any case, it's just an opinion piece. He's not a fully fledged journalist (and a good thing too, given the stick they get on here), and has to find some way of keeping his site updated. Where is the crime in venturing forth an opinion many fans secretly agree with, and in the ongoing absence of anything concrete from the club?

Kickback bewilders me sometimes. It really does.

The little bit that struck me was where it was suggested that the Icelander and Butcher would cost a million pounds to get them to Tynecastle. I assume and I know how dangerous that is, but still would that million just be compensation to their present employers or would it include a wage packet.

If I was hiring and interviewing and one of the candidates stated he would not take any crap, and it was going to cost me a million pounds to get him I think I would also do a rethink. I guess however it depends on what both parties consider as crap, but it is still a heavy cost to find out exactly what the candidate meant if he is gone in three months.

I've been broadly supportive of Weiss' prospective (actually, make that possible) appointment - but certainly don't have a problem with what Mr H has written. He might prove to be dead right - but in any case, it's just an opinion piece. He's not a fully fledged journalist (and a good thing too, given the stick they get on here), and has to find some way of keeping his site updated. Where is the crime in venturing forth an opinion many fans secretly agree with, and in the ongoing absence of anything concrete from the club?

Good point well made, and I make no secret that it's an opinion I AGREE WITH

What is it that REALLY makes you think that or is it just a pessimistic guess?

Just a pessimistic guess

I think it may have something to do with Vlad and his links to saturn(who weiss was in charge off)

Also I always think, when it comes to transfers, vlad will be involved.

That for me will be to much involvement

He should keep his nose out and let the football people get on with it.

Never going to happen, sad to say.

Cheers Shaun. I must admit I didn't expect that article to get this sort of reaction, but I suppose emotions are starting to run high on this subject now, especially the longer that the club goes without communicating anything.

I'm not completely against the idea of Weiss being our manager - I was just doubting VR's motives for preferring him to some of the other candidates. His track record hiring managers for us isn't exactly great and as you say this continued absence of anything concrete from the club just makes people speculate and speculate, which invariably leads to annoyance and confusion.

It's not healthy and Hearts really need to get it sorted soon.

The Comedian
I doubt the criticism was aimed at Miami. I suspect the criticism and thought emenated from his experiences of Vlad.

This is a man who has appointed a variety of managers, who have all proved that they open to interference from Vlad.

Therefore, it is based on a belief and understanding of what the person employing him likes. A manager who can be manipulated or at the very least can be manipulated to allow interference. If all his other appointments are anything to go by, he is very likely to be a perspn open to persuasion from Vlad.

Seems a rather rational thought process to me. The past undoubtably points to the future.

I guess its a bit like your mate, who always pulls munters. He tells you he's pulled a stunner, doesn't he always! I'm pretty sure you doubt the girl will be a stunner. Nothing against the girl. You don't know her from Eve.

Its more based on your knowledge of your mate. Who continually pulls munters.

Whilst he may pull some stunner, your past experiences tells you thats very unlikely.:)

Good post...

This is especially true as it seem's another candidate who has made it perfectly clear that he will stand no interference suddenly find's himself out the running.

Personally I find the quote In the OP more likely than unlikely...

Every appointment VR has made since he came to the club has turned out to be a puppet in varying degrees. Is it really that strange to assume his next appointment may be prone to interference ?

shaun.lawson
Cheers Shaun. I must admit I didn't expect that article to get this sort of reaction, but I suppose emotions are starting to run high on this subject now, especially the longer that the club goes without communicating anything.

I'm not completely against the idea of Weiss being our manager - I was just doubting VR's motives for preferring him to some of the other candidates. His track record hiring managers for us isn't exactly great and as you say this continued absence of anything concrete from the club just makes people speculate and speculate, which invariably leads to annoyance and confusion.

It's not healthy and Hearts really need to get it sorted soon.

Exactly mate - and quite how anyone can argue with that is totally beyond me.

......and plenty openly say. I think the article is very reasonable and indeed reckon it could be pretty much spot on. I don't believe for a second Romanov will ever change and stay out of team affairs.

Archived