No go for gowser...

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

With burnley agreeing a swap deal plus ?3M for Lafferty from the Huns, it looks like alan gow won't be coming back along the M8. A bit of a shame really, as i thought Gow could have done us a real turn next season if we had brought him in. On the other hand, any manager coming in should really be bringing in their own players, but I don't think he would have harmed our squad at all.

It does beg the question though, just how many strikers does wattie the hun want for next season? And does this mean that, incredibly, party boy boyd is on the way out?

Would quite happily take Boyd over Gow. Very much doubt it would happen though.

Don't be so sure.

Jam Tarts 1874
Would quite happily take Boyd over Gow. Very much doubt it would happen though.

I would imagine that if Boyd is going anywhere it would be to a lesser Premiership team or the Championship.

Dr. Bapswent

Boyd is an arrogant sod.

If he had any say he would avoid us like the plague, it would be a step down to him.

A pipe dream of fans IMO.

The People's Chimp

I think it is a pipe dream that boyd would come. However, I can't believe that smith seems so keen to get rid of him.

marshallschunkychicken
Apparently Gow was Leith bound anyway so bit of a blessing.

No he wasn't.

No way I'd want Gow. Buying a Rangers FC reserve sends out all the wrong signals. If we want to challenge the OF we are not going to do it with a bunch of second rate sellik and Rangers FC rejects.

No way I'd want Gow. Buying a Rangers FC reserve sends out all the wrong signals. If we want to challenge the OF we are not going to do it with a bunch of second rate sellik and Rangers FC rejects.

Agreed, much better off with loans from Kaunas. Nice positive signals.

Gow was a decent player but he had turned us down twice and I would not have been in a great rush to give him an "out" from Ibrox.

With Gow going to Burley will they still want Driver?

Clearly if he has knocked us back twice then he is not interested in coming here.

Gow was a decent player but he had turned us down twice and I would not have been in a great rush to give him an "out" from Ibrox.

Are you sure? I was under the impression that Robbo had brought him on trial from Airdrie around the time of the takeover and wasnt given the nod to sign him by Vlad.

Another post from bizarro world:wacko:. I think we need to look at finishing above the split this time and save challenging the old firm to games of champ man.

Are you sure? I was under the impression that Robbo had brought him on trial from Airdrie around the time of the takeover and wasnt given the nod to sign him by Vlad.

Once when we tried to sign him at the same time as R@ng*rs and once he knocked us back when we attempted to get him on loan from R@ng*rs.

Boyd is an arrogant sod.

If he had any say he would avoid us like the plague, it would be a step down to him.

A pipe dream of fans IMO.

Who scores bags of goals. It's an essential part of a successful sportsmans make up.

Chad Sexington
Dont be so fecking stupid.

Say's the hobo who tries to go undercover with a name like The Yam.

Classic.

retard.jpg.w300h341.jpg

Archived