Well done Michael Smith

swilso

Man of the Match for me today, though the fact we are still trying to fill the left back position with a right back is worrying.

Yet again we have no left back in the side it's becoming a bit of a joke. It is imperative that the new manager brings in a left back. If smith brown has a long term injury then send him back to Man City

Yet again we have no left back in the side it's becoming a bit of a joke. It is imperative that the new manager brings in a left back. If smith brown has a long term injury then send him back to Man City

Clearly choosing Griezlek to play further forward just now

Smith has done okay

What's wrong with the other smith brown guy? Anyone know what injury he has?

Supposedly a muscle injury in an 'awkward place'...he came off pre season then tried to come back against Elgin and had to go off with the same injury.

I would imagine we are trying to make sure he does not break down when he does come back........but I'd like to see him back just to see if he can fill what has become a problem position for us

We had a LB on the park but as we've no LM and Daky has reverted back to to 4 at the back the options are limited.

Thankfully it came off today but as things stand our squad is not fully equipped to play a 442 without someone playing out of position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jambof3tornado

Clearly choosing Griezlek to play further forward just now

Smith has done okay

Thought grizzly was poor today. Hit his man with the ball several times. Maybe the pitch didnt suit.

Captain America

Really impressed with Smith since he came in.

Seems a solid pro that won't really let us down.

I assume Smith-Brown wasn't risked due to the pitch.

I'll put money now on Smith for player of the season. Class with heart too - exactly what we needed.

agreed if we had 11 players with his heart then we would be a great side

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I'll put money now on Smith for player of the season. Class with heart too - exactly what we needed.

The defence is so different with him and Berra in it. At the moment I expect the two of them to be fighting it out four POTY, although I'm hoping an attacking player does enough over the course of the season to win it because that should mean we've had a half decent season.

Thought grizzly was poor today. Hit his man with the ball several times. Maybe the pitch didnt suit.

I doubt it's the pitch, he was honking last week as well.

A_A wehatethehibs

Big big signing. Versatile, fit, robust and good on the ball.

Really hope that smith-brown can nail down the left back slot for us, it would be nice to have a season with 2 good full backs rather than just 1 for a change.

What's wrong with the other smith brown guy? Anyone know what injury he has?

He's obviously very injury prone. He was taken off against Peterhead with a groin problem and although he was on the bench against Dunfermline (i think) he never cam on.

I would imagine due to the surface yesterday they would not want to take a chance on him. He must be crap mind if Grzelak is better than him but it could also be down to the change of formation as he was brough in to play in a 3-4-3.

What about the one where he hit it straight at McDonald instead of playing into the middle of the box. That should have been a goal.

Really like Smith.

No nonsense FB with a little bit of skill, composure and strength.

Hopefully his namesake will be fit soon.

Gene Parmesan

Really liking what I've seen of MS.

Conjecture, but I'm guessing Ash Smith-Brown wasn't risked on the shan plastic pitch this weekend? I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Ibrox.

Captain Sausage

The defence is so different with him and Berra in it. At the moment I expect the two of them to be fighting it out four POTY, although I'm hoping an attacking player does enough over the course of the season to win it because that should mean we've had a half decent season.

It's frustrating because in Isma and Lafferty, we have quality up too for the first time since Bednar (maybe doing a disservice to Sow and Zeefuik).

We finally seem to have a reasonable cluster of defenders, albeit not sure on Smith-Brown yet but by all accounts he seems to look promising.

However, the defense is compromised by a calamitous goalkeeper which undermines the influence of Berra. If we could get in someone like Lindegaard or McGregor it would make a huge difference.

Similarly, we have an absolutely shambolic midfield. Walker and Djoum are both class acts (when Djoum can be arsed) but given their situations (Walker trying to leave and Djoum being a lazy *******) we cannot rely on either. That leaves Cowie (model pro, limited ability but huge work rate and fitness), Buaben (gives 100% but consistently makes the wrong decision and gives away possession far too often) and Martin (technically proficient but far too slow for the SPL) as our center midfielders. That is not good enough. We need at least one no-nonsense, dare I say it, Scott Brown-esque combative holding midfielder and a creative player to replace either Walker or Djoum or both.

That leaves our winger situation. Playing Isma out wide is not a long term solution. We need a couple of players in who are a step up in quality from Nicholson and King. That means we need 5 players in who are a step up on what we have now in order to improve on Aberdeen. That is a massive ask and shows exactly where we are at the moment.

If we were to get >?1m for the combo of Walker and Djoum it would provide us with some funds to bring in some players but I fear we that we wouldn't see that cash put into the squad given the stand overruns and, with our track record on recruitment, I'm very skeptical that the 5 we would bring in would be consistent improvements on what we have.

Don't think it's a case of 'we haven't got a suitable left back so Smith will make do'. Grzelak ordinarily would be the starting LB with Smith-Brown back up.

However, Jamie Brandon's performances have been very promising, and I think we're just looking to give him game time while he's on a high. Smith has been too good to drop, like Brandon, so Grzelak is being shifted into a central role.

stirlingshirejambo

agreed if we had 11 players with his heart then we would be a great side

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Just out of interest

Of the 11 that played yesterday who do you think doesn't play with heart!!!

Hamilton

Smith

Berra

Soutar

Brandon

Cowie

Grzelak

Lafferty

Randal

I'd say all pass quite easily

Djoum and isma I will give you can blow hot and cold but I think your exaggerating grossly

Futurejambo1

Don't think it's a case of 'we haven't got a suitable left back so Smith will make do'. Grzelak ordinarily would be the starting LB with Smith-Brown back up.

However, Jamie Brandon's performances have been very promising, and I think we're just looking to give him game time while he's on a high. Smith has been too good to drop, like Brandon, so Grzelak is being shifted into a central role.

Think Brandon has had a difficult start, wee bit shaky last two games in defensive areas, hopefully Smith Brown fit for ibrox allowing MS to go to right back

Gorgie_Rules

Has had the same impact Eckersley did when he first signed.

Solid, has a good head on him and can provide an attacking threat with his crossing.

Guys like him who have played regular games at a decent level are the type of signings we should be going for, reliable sorts

Archived