Underperforming Talent

Pingu

Souttar, Djoum, Isma and Walker are four of the more naturally talented players at the club but for different reasons and to varying extents we've not seen the best of them for some time. Whilst we do need two or three more signings, if the next gaffer can get these guys fit, motivated and on top form, it would be a massive boost to our prospects and I don't think we should give up on them, yet. Experience working successfully with difficult personalities and emerging talent should be high on the list of criteria for choosing our new manager.

RustyRightPeg

Souttar was rock solid before he got a horrific injury.

Djoum started well. Is slowly fading.

Isma his goalscoring record is actually quite impressive.

I don't exactly know what people are expecting from Isma.

I was disappointed by his fitness when he returned in the summer but by hearts standards he's a goalscoring machine.

He'll outscored Lafferty this season especially if we play him up top instead of left.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Djoum and Walker want moves,get them oot asap, just holding us back

Souttar will need 6/8 games to get fit, Isma got a goal last week which is what we ask of him

I don't exactly know what people are expecting from Isma.

I was disappointed by his fitness when he returned in the summer but by hearts standards he's a goalscoring machine.

He'll outscored Lafferty this season especially if we play him up top instead of left.

I agree in most part but I suppose football is about where you can improve.

Like the OP says, and I've felt for a while, we need a manager who is a heavy disciplinarian as much as bringing other facets of his trade.

When I say disciplinarian I'm not necessarily referring to good behaviour on the park. I'm more referring to the input players give and the choices they make on the ball. Isma needs the daft flicks and tricks tempered a bit and start doing the right thing. He'd be an even better player for it imo.

We need a manager who places demands on players and is respected for it. A manager who drums home the necessity of being more thorough on the ball without stifling creativity at the same time. I just think he's too sloppy at times and the Dunfermiline match highlighted it somewhat.

He's got the right attitude in general, he fights and clearly has ability but could be so much more effective.

Tokyo Drifter

Martin is the one I'd like to see performing better. Think he might be like Cowie, who was horrible in his first season and then seemed to click, though at least he had the excuse of an injury.

Goncalves probably needs to be played through the middle, even if his preference is to go wide. Think he'll score goals in either position, though if he gets into double figures I'll be surprised.

Even if Walker stays he'll be gone in January, so his attitude isn't going to be any better.

Souttar's a good player, just needs game time and the confidence that comes with it and knowing he's back to full fitness.

Djoum: can't figure him out. The hope is that a new midfield partner will make him click.

Archived