Who will Weiss bring in?

ScottishSandstorm

ScottishSandstorm

Candidates:

Illiasu Shilla-25- Ghanaian Defender who plays for FC Saturn. Larry's countrymen who Weiss signed at Saturn after he impressed at the World Cup. 10 caps for Ghana.

Juraj Halenar-24- Slovakian Striker who plays for Artmedia. Scored at hat-trick against Celtic and started this last season with 11 goals in 11 games. Also has 3 caps for Slovakia.

Jan Durica-26- Slovakian Center Defender who Weiss took him from Artmedia to Saturn. Has been linked to Celtic. 22 caps for Slovakia and is a "attacking" center-back.

Marian Cisovsky-28- Slovakian Right Back who plays at Artmedia. Recently linked to Boavista. 7 caps for Slovakia.

Jan Kozak-28- Slovakian center midfielder who plays for Artmedia. Had a recent stint at West Brom and was wanted by Plymouth. 8 caps for Slovakia.

Martin Jakubko-28- Slovakian striker who Weiss took from Artmedia to Saturn. 14 caps for Slovakia and is considered one of their top strikers.

Branislav Obzera-26- Slovakian attacking midfielder who Weiss took from Artmedia to Saturn only to return to Artmedia with Weiss. 3 caps for Slovakia.

Kornel Salata-23- Slovakian defender who plays for Artmedia. Has one cap for Slovakia.

Lubos Kamenar-20- Slovakian Goalkeeper who is Artmedia's #1. Has been called up by Slovakia but is still uncapped.

Peter Petras-29- Slovakian right back who Weiss took with him from Artmedia to Saturn. Saturn's #4.

Baffour Gyan-27- Ghanaian Striker who Weiss signed at Saturn. 33 caps and 5 goals for Ghana.

Edgaras Cesnauskis-24- Lithuanian left midfielder who Weiss signed at Saturn.

Vadim Yevseyev-32- Russian right back who Weiss signed at Saturn. Described as "attack minded" and has 30 caps for Russia.

Branislav Fodrek-27- Slovakian left midfielder who Weiss brought from Artmedia to Saturn only to return to Artmedia. Capped for Slovakia.

Balazs Bordely-28- Slovakian defensive midfielder who Weiss signed at Artmedia. Plays in Romania and has 10 caps for Slovakia.

Thomas Oravec-27- Slovakian striker who Weiss signed at Artmedia from Boavista. Was top Slovakian scorer two seasons ago and has 14 caps for Slovakia.

Not sure how many will get work permits or how many are good enough for the SPL but if Vlad is serious about getting Weiss who he wants, Weiss can sure up any position he wants with a familiar player.

*admittedly I am not an expert and did most of this research on wikipedia.

Some interesting and promising profiles there, however, am I the only Hearts fan who would like to see us have more Scottish players next season?

Some interesting and promising profiles there, however, am I the only Hearts fan who would like to see us have more Scottish players next season?

No. You're not.

skotskosparta

Not sure how many will get work permits or how many are good enough for the SPL

Work Permits would not be required apart from the Ghanaian and Russian as Lithuania and Slovakia are in the EU

Did wikipedia tell you how bad the standard of Slovakian football is?? ;)

Guest u01dg3

I would hope (if he even actually comes) that he would look to loan his namesake from Man City for the season. Was good for the youth and reserves last season!

Guest JamboRobbo

What? Bring in players who have proven they can play to a high standard in the SPL? Nah, thats madness. Lets bring in lots of foreigners from lower level leagues, give them big juicy contracts, and take a gamble whether they adapt to Scottish Football or decide to sit back and take the easy money....

What? Bring in players who have proven they can play to a high standard in the SPL? Nah, thats madness. Lets bring in lots of foreigners from lower level leagues, give them big juicy contracts, and take a gamble whether they adapt to Scottish Football or decide to sit back and take the easy money....

Step forward Mr. Pinilla......

I would hope (if he even actually comes) that he would look to loan his namesake from Man City for the season. Was good for the youth and reserves last season!

Are they related at all or is Weiss just the slovakian version of smith?

Guest JamboRobbo

He was thinking about stepping forward, but he was worried he might scuff his shoes so he decided not to risk it....:P

Are they related at all or is Weiss just the slovakian version of smith?

I think the man city player is his son....

I don't think any. I fully expect Vlad to be in charge of the signings.

_42869799_larykingston203.jpg

Good :)

_44508072_ricardusbeniusis203.jpg

oh.......wait.......

I don't think any. I fully expect Vlad to be in charge of the signings.

Could not agree more, Weiss will maybe get a couple of his own players.

Everybody knows what will happen, we wont get to see if there anygood

As the madmans players will be in front of them.

oh yeh of course Vlad wont be interfering, when it comes to team selection.:rolleyes:

Who is playing well for Kaunas this year?

And what about the other team in the pyramid. Why haven't we had any players from there yet?

Edgaras Cesnauskis has stated he would like to come to Hearts and that Weiss would like to bring him.

Ryan Gosling

And what about the other team in the pyramid. Why haven't we had any players from there yet?

Work permits.

What you on about?

Hleb and Strachanovitch (sp) have been here for 2 seasons now!!!

HMFCjamieHMFC

Pinillia played in the La Liga, Serie A and the Portuguese Liga there all higher level leagues than the SPL

I have heard from a reliable source inside the club that a fee beleived to be in the region of ?1m for dinamo zagrebs right full back etto.

quick check on wikipedia and he looks pretty promising.

if this is vlad that has made this move then he deserves credit as this is exactly the calibre of playyer that we should be aiming to sign.

Molly :)

jamboinglasgow
I have heard from a reliable source inside the club that a fee beleived to be in the region of ?1m for dinamo zagrebs right full back etto.

quick check on wikipedia and he looks pretty promising.

if this is vlad that has made this move then he deserves credit as this is exactly the calibre of playyer that we should be aiming to sign.

Molly :)

If we are going to go for this guy, I think it will be hard to get a wp. He does have a Croatian passport but they are not in the EU so it could be hard.

ScottishSandstorm

I hope he brings Halenar, Cisovsky, and Kozak over from Artmedia. Halenar appears to know where the goal is, Cisovsky has been linked with a move to Portuguese Liga and is a RB (please beat out Robbie), and Kozak is experienced in Britain and is wanted by many Championship sides.

Almost all the guys at Saturn are probably good enough to be squad players here or jump straight into our starting 11. Both the Ghanaians that Weiss signed look good. Gyan we have been linked with in the past and Shilla looked good in the WC. I think they would both qualify for a WP and work well with Larry. Edgaras Cesnauskis would do nicely here as well. Finally the three remaining players at Saturn that Weiss took over there would do nicely here. Durica was linked with Celtic and if Berra leaves we will need another CB. Petras would probably be better than Robbie and is familiar with Weiss. Jakubko seems to have done well moving from Artmedia to Saturn and I think Weiss would be happy to have him. The Saturn players, I would imagine, will not be cheap. I am not suggesting that Weiss take all the players on that list but he took some from Artmedia to Saturn and they did well. Hopefully, Weiss can bring some here on the cheap and we will have some players that are already comfortable with his tactics. I especially hope we will sign Kozak who is a Championship calibre player who is familiar with Weiss.

Candidates:

Illiasu Shilla-25- Ghanaian Defender who plays for FC Saturn. Larry's countrymen who Weiss signed at Saturn after he impressed at the World Cup. 10 caps for Ghana.

Juraj Halenar-24- Slovakian Striker who plays for Artmedia. Scored at hat-trick against Celtic and started this last season with 11 goals in 11 games. Also has 3 caps for Slovakia.

Jan Durica-26- Slovakian Center Defender who Weiss took him from Artmedia to Saturn. Has been linked to Celtic. 22 caps for Slovakia and is a "attacking" center-back.

Marian Cisovsky-28- Slovakian Right Back who plays at Artmedia. Recently linked to Boavista. 7 caps for Slovakia.

Jan Kozak-28- Slovakian center midfielder who plays for Artmedia. Had a recent stint at West Brom and was wanted by Plymouth. 8 caps for Slovakia.

Martin Jakubko-28- Slovakian striker who Weiss took from Artmedia to Saturn. 14 caps for Slovakia and is considered one of their top strikers.

Branislav Obzera-26- Slovakian attacking midfielder who Weiss took from Artmedia to Saturn only to return to Artmedia with Weiss. 3 caps for Slovakia.

Kornel Salata-23- Slovakian defender who plays for Artmedia. Has one cap for Slovakia.

Lubos Kamenar-20- Slovakian Goalkeeper who is Artmedia's #1. Has been called up by Slovakia but is still uncapped.

Peter Petras-29- Slovakian right back who Weiss took with him from Artmedia to Saturn. Saturn's #4.

Baffour Gyan-27- Ghanaian Striker who Weiss signed at Saturn. 33 caps and 5 goals for Ghana.

Edgaras Cesnauskis-24- Lithuanian left midfielder who Weiss signed at Saturn.

Vadim Yevseyev-32- Russian right back who Weiss signed at Saturn. Described as "attack minded" and has 30 caps for Russia.

Branislav Fodrek-27- Slovakian left midfielder who Weiss brought from Artmedia to Saturn only to return to Artmedia. Capped for Slovakia.

Balazs Bordely-28- Slovakian defensive midfielder who Weiss signed at Artmedia. Plays in Romania and has 10 caps for Slovakia.

Thomas Oravec-27- Slovakian striker who Weiss signed at Artmedia from Boavista. Was top Slovakian scorer two seasons ago and has 14 caps for Slovakia.

Not sure how many will get work permits or how many are good enough for the SPL but if Vlad is serious about getting Weiss who he wants, Weiss can sure up any position he wants with a familiar player.

did you do the same thing with robson, levien, jefferies, mcghee ect.......

you do like counting your chickens don't you.

ScottishSandstorm
did you do the same thing with robson, levien, jefferies, mcghee ect.......

you do like counting your chickens don't you.

:mad:Yeah I listed out Robson's players, McGee's and JJ's. I'm sure you saw that on JKB:confused: What is your problem? Weiss in all likelihood is our next manager and the last time he left Artmedia to go to a bigger job, he took players with him. What is wring with you? Maybe I should have said in the title: Who might Weiss bring in? Then would you stop bitching?

People on here are getting unbelievable with their hostility towards other Jambos. There have scarcely been any replies to the actual topic of who Weiss would take from Artmedia or Saturn and most of you lot simply say "Slovakia is terrible" or "Bring in half of Slovakia". Of course I don't want us to sign all of these players, but it is simply a relevant discussion to Hearts and our latest managerial candidate.

Maybe next time I should just go onto a merged Weiss thread and reply: "This is rubbish, Vlad is a liar and Weiss is the worst ting that could ever happen to Hearts" Maybe that would help pass the time until our next fixture where I can bitch some more about how terrible our players are, and how Vlad is ruining our club. Everyone who renewed is ruining the club blah blah... Seriously what club do we support? Mitch this isn't all a reply to you but it's something that has been annoying to me for a while and I apologize for going of on you and if you are offended. But your post is, in my opinion, out of line. I don't deserve that ****. You don't have to be a Vlad supporter but be a Jambo and try not to make such an ass of yourself.

:mad:Yeah I listed out Robson's players, McGee's and JJ's. I'm sure you saw that on JKB:confused: What is your problem? Weiss in all likelihood is our next manager and the last time he left Artmedia to go to a bigger job, he took players with him. What is wring with you? Maybe I should have said in the title: Who might Weiss bring in? Then would you stop bitching?

People on here are getting unbelievable with their hostility towards other Jambos. There have scarcely been any replies to the actual topic of who Weiss would take from Artmedia or Saturn and most of you lot simply say "Slovakia is terrible" or "Bring in half of Slovakia". Of course I don't want us to sign all of these players, but it is simply a relevant discussion to Hearts and our latest managerial candidate.

Maybe next time I should just go onto a merged Weiss thread and reply: "This is rubbish, Vlad is a liar and Weiss is the worst ting that could ever happen to Hearts" Maybe that would help pass the time until our next fixture where I can bitch some more about how terrible our players are, and how Vlad is ruining our club. Everyone who renewed is ruining the club blah blah... Seriously what club do we support? Mitch this isn't all a reply to you but it's something that has been annoying to me for a while and I apologize for going of on you and if you are offended. But your post is, in my opinion, out of line. I don't deserve that ****. You don't have to be a Vlad supporter but be a Jambo and try not to make such an ass of yourself.

Exactly! The man just done a wee bit of research, its highly unlikely he'll bring over more than 3 or 4. Every manager brings in players they trust. Look at Mourinho at Chelsea, Walter Smith at the Hun, Tommy Burns at Reading...........actually, scrap that Tommy Burns one! He signed some pile of ***** for them.

Archived