Kyle Lafferty

Ryan Gosling

Malcolm Tucker
Why have Rangers just paid ?3m for him?

Because he's Northern Irish and Celtic wanted him?

That's my 2 cents anyway.

To stop Celtic getting him ;)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/06/12/celtic-make-3-75m-bid-for-kyle-lafferty-89520-20604090/

Celtic boss Gordon Strachan has made a fresh ?3.75million bid for Burnley's Northern Ireland international hitman Kyle Lafferty.

The package on offer comprises ?2.75m cash, striker Derek Riordan plus a fixture between the clubs with Burnley keeping the receipts.

Dagger Is Back

Boyd is on his way to Birmingham, they only signed Naismith to stop him scoring against them (besides his injury may be worse than first thought and will keep him out for a while), Darcheville can't last a whole SPL/Euro season.

Ach who gives a ****.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

To show Kenny Miller what a real striker looks like.

Dagger Is Back

This will have the Sellick board getting the knife out of the drawer and ransacking the piggy bank (is it only me that does that with the kids banks when short of a few pennies?)

Ryan Gosling
To show Kenny Miller what a real striker looks like.

But he has less goals than Miller from last season, in more games...

Csaba's Broon Shoes

with Gow going in part-exchange

Charlie-Brown

Because he's a Northern Irish hun supporter, Darcheville is very injury prone, Boyd & Cousin will exit stage right as will Gow whilst Naismith & Burke are long term injuries.

Lafferty, Miller, Velicka & Novo will leave them with 4 striker options.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
But he has less goals than Miller from last season, in more games...

I was being sarcastic mate. Lafferty is pretty minging and Miller is actually worse.

Murray gives Smith ?6m for striker(s) and he comes back with Velicka, Miller and Lafferty. And they say our Chairman is mental?

**** them.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Lafferty will do well in Scotland. He'll be allowed to use his elbows as much as Mark Hateley was.

Probably the same reason they spent the best part of ?2m on Kenny Miller.

Probably the same reason they spent the best part of ?2m on Kenny Miller.

They're trying to amass a heap of crap strikers?

I've not really seen Lafferty, so I dont know if thats what you're getting at but thats the only reason I could see for them signing Miller.

They're trying to amass a heap of crap strikers?

I've not really seen Lafferty, so I dont know if thats what you're getting at but thats the only reason I could see for them signing Miller.

I wish we had Velicka and Miller playing for us instead of Clum and Nade.:mad:

letsmakesomenoise

Fair point. Clum is worse than a man down!

If this is true, I will be delighted that Gow has signed for someone else. I am sick to the back teeth with him!

Velicka yes, and he should be. Miller, I really wouldnt be that fussed.

Rangers now have a mass of strikers. Boyd, Novo, Darchville, Cousin, Naismith, Velicka, Lafferty and Miller vying for what, 2 spaces and one backup...maybe two...that still leaves four extra. Must surely signal the end for Boyd, Cousin and another.

Velicka is a cracking signing unfortunately. Given the service he will get domestically there I think he'll bang them in if he starts. No idea why they have signed Miller...he's proven himself to be a consistantly crap striker. Lafferty is a bit of a strikers version of Kevin James. About 6'7 but pretty muff.

alwaysthereinspirit
Because he's Northern Irish and Celtic wanted him?

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Dont know a thing about the kid but signing for Rankgers after being chased by Celtic was probably not the smartest thing he could have done. I'm sure he wont get any dogs abuse walking around Glasgow.;)

Rangers now have a mass of strikers. Boyd, Novo, Darchville, Cousin, Naismith, Velicka, Lafferty and Miller vying for what, 2 spaces and one backup...maybe two...that still leaves four extra. Must surely signal the end for Boyd, Cousin and another.

Velicka is a cracking signing unfortunately. Given the service he will get domestically there I think he'll bang them in if he starts. No idea why they have signed Miller...he's proven himself to be a consistantly crap striker. Lafferty is a bit of a strikers version of Kevin James. About 6'7 but pretty muff.

2 spaces?

Was I watching a different Rangers last season?

Maybe a bit basic on the analysis...but in very general terms two first choice strikers, and maybe another two regular backups (competition, injuries etc). But of the 8 mentioned, I don't see any of them accepting anything less than regular first team involvement.

I guess the problem is that when you buy players from England, you have to accept you're paying over the odds for them. 3M for a 20 year old internationalist doesn't look bad, but every signing is a risk.

Its a bit worrying that they've signed three players already though, so much for them not having any money to spend.

9 goals in 40 games last season, or 10 in 83 overall. I think that he fits the template for a Rangers striker perfectly.

Ryan Gosling
9 goals in 40 games last season, or 10 in 83 overall. I think that he fits the template for a Rangers striker perfectly.

He fits the Clum template.

Hagar the Horrible

That would take Clum 4 more years to grab a total of 10

I think its the begining of the end for Novo and Boyd, who lets face it have pulled derhun out of the brown stuff to justify their place, yet even with Cousin and Darcheval likely to naff of, there now wont even be space in the stand for then to sit and watch? nae luck and what if darcheval stays?

Did any body else notice that Celtic failed with a bid of ony ?25k less than the Rangers bid, yet Gow made up the difference rather than Ratboy? shurley shome mishtake? the ratboy must be worth more than ?25k more than Gow? How many times must so called talented young players get ruined at the OF and every year the same mistakes are made, these players will never learn or is it just greedy agents?:rolleyes:

colinmaroon

I can only assume because he's used to playing up front by himself in a 4-5-1.

Another glam season of attacking football from the BroxPox Brigade!!!

we're all going on aboot the Rangers buying Miller: if I was an Ibrox STH , i certainly widnae be questioning Walter Smith. The guy's a bleeding genius.

I wish we had him..............I mean Smith!!

If boyd decides he wants away I would love to see him in a hearts shirt or any other half decent striker for that matter as we dont seem to have one apart from glen

Archived