Do you tip your hairdresser?

Ray Winstone

Ray Winstone

Was just wondering what people do when it comes to tipping their hairdresser?

I mean I used to pay 12quid at the place I go but the recently put it up to 15quid and you have to make an appointment so I reakon I dont have to tip them anymore because they have hiked the prices up.

Is this rude or is it fine?

Why tip in the first place? They are the ones naming the price for the service they are providing!

Usually give ?3 or so (10%) - possibly more if it's a major visit.

Guys generally have less to be grateful for. :)

Ray Winstone
Who tips their hairdresser?!?

Plenty of people at the place I go to.

Mind you it could explain why I am so heavily in debt!

Ray Winstone
Hairdresser? Go to a bloody barbers!

It is technically a barbers - well it used to be but it changed to appointments only!

Bordeaux 03
Hairdresser? Go to a bloody barbers!

Exactly what i was thinking! Mamby pamby hairdressers with a 'stylist' called Jason.

BoJack Horseman

Not at boombarbers are you? They recently went up to 15 and changed to appointments only. Can't say i've ever tipped though.

What's a hairdresser?

bald_big.jpg

In your case, it would be, do you tip the person who polishes your dome?

I P Knightley

No one's ever tipped me for doing my job, despite actually doing it quite well.

I only tip in exceptional circumstances: great service in a restaurant or a particularly friendly smile and a rub at the barbers.

The Old Tolbooth
In your case, it would be, do you tip the person who polishes your dome?

That's personal!

Oh, you mean my head :rolleyes:

Say What Again

Barbers i go to is ?6. I usually give ?7.

However!!! A polish barber has opened a few doors along and the bird looks fit as ****.

I may have to try it out and will decide at the time wht level of tip she deserves - which will depend on how scantily clad she is/how much she bends over revealing breasts or thongs/how much she leans into you when cutting your hair.

The latter being an obvious sign that she wants you. (It is, I've convinced myself)

My haircutting ritual is simple:

Go to Sam's in Gorgie. Read the Daily Mail (lol) while I wait. Get offered a cup of tea. Decline cup of tea. Sit in the seat. Tell him what I want. He goes for it. Mutters something in a thick Italian accent I can't quite understand, so nod and reply in the positive nervously. Have a look at the nudey photos and pictures of old Hearts squads on wall. Haircut finishes. ?9. Give him the tenner. Bang, away hame.

Simple.

Defo, the boy always does a very good job. Haircut costs ?7 so always gee the lad a tenner. What's 3 quid?

championsleaguefan

The price of a hair cut has really rocketed in Edinburgh used to be a pearl diver now its's 8 nicker. So no tip from me the way I look at it now is that the tip is factored into the price now. If I did tip the Turkish man who cuts my hair I would tell him to buy a bar of soap with the money.

Jam Tarts 1874

Here's a tip for my barber. Stop bloody asking me if I have any holidays planned!

Defo, the boy always does a very good job. Haircut costs ?7 so always gee the lad a tenner. What's 3 quid?

A pint.

alwaysthereinspirit
Was just wondering what people do when it comes to tipping their hairdresser?

I mean I used to pay 12quid at the place I go but the recently put it up to 15quid and you have to make an appointment so I reakon I dont have to tip them anymore because they have hiked the prices up.

Is this rude or is it fine?

I tip. She has huge t!ts and wears disgustingly low cut, tight tops.:dribble:

I put 1,000(4.70 at todays rate) yen in a machine, get a ticket, then wait my turn. Usually I'm in and out in 20 mins. It's advertised as a 10 minute haircut, but my hair is usually quite long when I go. I'm due one soon, before my wee jaunt across the pond. These hairdressing shops are popping up all over Japan. Mostly for business men, or people who want a quick haircut. I've seen plenty women using them recently. No tips over here...not even in restaurants. In fact, I think it might be against the law! LOL!

Lynn:wacko::ninja:

Ray Winstone
Not at boombarbers are you? They recently went up to 15 and changed to appointments only. Can't say i've ever tipped though.

Indeed I am.

The hairdressers tip is included in their prices!

The only person I've tipped has been my tattooist for the incredible work he done on my last tattoo :)

I pay about ?7 for a haircut and leave about a ?1 tip

I know the boss and she pays them peanuts

Would not pay ?15 for a haircut

Just back from the hairdressers, they cut an inch of my daughters hair and it cost me ?10!!!!!!!

total rip off for a childs haircut, you were lucky if it took her 20 mins

Sawdust Caesar

They get taxed on their tips but no where near the amount they usually receive.

I used to tell them keep the change when it was ?9 and I handed over ?10but the barbers I usually go to have put the price up to a tenner so they don't get a tip now.

I feel ripped off as I'm getting balder and there is not that much hair to cut yet I get charged the same as someone with a full head of hair that takes twice as long to cut as mine. As well as OAP and school kid deals they should do them for the follicly(sp?) challenged.

My haircuts cost the equivalent of 1.75 and I usually give 3.50 as the boys earn peanuts so yes i do tip. As my barbers rarely speak english i once managed to get a haircut without either of us saying a single word until i said "Thanks" as I handed over the cash. I went in and there was a free chair, so i sat down expecting the boy to at least attempt to ask what I wanted, but he just got fired straight in, so I decided just to leave him to it and see what happened, and he did the whole haircut without saying a word.

P.S. I am now 40 so a good haircut is judged on how long it takes, not how it looks.

BoJack Horseman
Indeed I am.

Who cuts your barnet?

Have you ever tried getting it cut up north? I tried once and it was a nightmare so I just come back when I need it snipped. Been going there 8 years now so it's worth the hassle.

Ray Winstone
Who cuts your barnet?

Have you ever tried getting it cut up north? I tried once and it was a nightmare so I just come back when I need it snipped. Been going there 8 years now so it's worth the hassle.

The main boy with the beard - can never remember his name - but he usually does it - if he is too busy I just get any of the others - it does not bother me too much they are all fairly good.

Up north is a bit of a nightmare although there is a guy on the spital near the uni that is on the same course as me (mature student) and he does a decent job.

If I know I am coming back down I will wait and get it done here because they guys at 'the boom' are good craic.

BoJack Horseman

That's Scott. I get the taller boy with the hat, Paul, he does a top notch job and its good that he knows you and what you want. Makes it easier. Christ, I sound like a bird.

Ray Winstone
That's Scott. I get the taller boy with the hat, Paul, he does a top notch job and its good that he knows you and what you want. Makes it easier. Christ, I sound like a bird.

Ye it is a bit "birdish" but there is nothing worse than having to try and explain what you want when you have no idea how to describe it.

Archived