Assistant manager

Dazo

If as it looks likely Weiss gets the job who should be his assistant ? Not sure whether we should allow him to bring his own team in where he will be confident in working with or get someone scottish/british in maybe even hearts minded. Could be risky as they may not get on or form a good team. I think its a pretty important role if we are down the route of the unknown.

Dirk Diggler

There's some boy named Mentel he works with at Artmedia.

JamboBG posted it in the big thread.

I think those that are hoping he brings a Robbo type figure with him will be disappointed.

I hope he has a few of his "own" staff. Wouldnt mind a scottish coach but not really bothered.

Charlie-Brown

Dick Advocaat brought trusted lieutenants in Bert Van Lingen & Jan Wouters.....Wim Jansen decided to come alone & worked with Murdo MacLeod.

I'd be surprised if he didn't want to bring a compatriot or friend with him as an assistant coach but this wouldn't prevent Robbo or Elvis or Frail or Sandy Clark etc being No2.

I'd like him to bring his own team. Would mean more chance of him 'being in charge'.

I think i agree although as said it would be good to have a scottish coach with the first team. I think if it is going to work he needs to have the people he can work with and trusts.

I'd like him to bring his own team. Would mean more chance of him 'being in charge'.

I would agree with that.

I would also want him to stay away from selecting a former Hearts player. I would want someone that has a knowledge of Scottish/British football but it HAS to be someone of his choosing.

Dick Advocaat brought trusted lieutenants in Bert Van Lingen & Jan Wouters.....Wim Jansen decided to come alone & worked with Murdo MacLeod.

I'd be surprised if he didn't want to bring a compatriot or friend with him as an assistant coach but this wouldn't prevent Robbo or Elvis or Frail or Sandy Clark etc being No2.

Not ready to forgive Elvis yet for saluting the Tims at Tyine on his first game back. Robbo, Clark or Davie Weir might be good though. I'm not impressed with Weiss but here's hoping I'm wrong. I'd love to give Mark McGhee some stick on the first game of the season.

Heard it was to be John Robertson

Where ? Because this was mentioned in the paper today but i don't believe it. To be honest i would rather it wasn't. :cool:

Gigolo-Aunt
Maybe Weiss should ask Mixu , he's heard Paateleinan is a 'Number Two' :)

Have you ever considered hosting the generation game?

:P

janie jones

Ad. ;)He might need it. Rubbish I know.

Not bothered about a Scottish assistant we need a management team not a disparate committee running the team and the whole coaching set up needs root and branch IMO.

There's some boy named Mentel he works with at Artmedia.

JamboBG posted it in the big thread.

I think those that are hoping he brings a Robbo type figure with him will be disappointed.

Good post.

Ibrahim Tall

He should be given the choice to bring in whoever he wants imo rather than force someone upon him. If we'd appointed Guus Hiddink for example i seriously doubt any of this "Scottish assistant" stuff would have came up despite Hiddink having no experience of British football either, don't see why this is any different. Much rather he brought in a team he works well with.

I wouldnt be surprised if Lubo Moravic joins him here. Knowledge of scottish football and has known Weiss since they were teenagers.

scott herbertson
Bernard Matthews.

I've heard he's scared of the responsibility

Lochend Brazil
I wouldnt be surprised if Lubo Moravic joins him here. Knowledge of scottish football and has known Weiss since they were teenagers.

The dream team of Weiss, Lhubo and drunking John. Glad I renewed.:(

Nucky Thompson
That's a plan:) I never thought of that.

It's a total nonsense this Wiess getting the job anyway, so you would imagine his assistant would be another nonsense or a Steve Frail type of guy who is Britishand desperate for a job and is kept out of the loop in eveything that is done and is stuck in front of the media to explain the unexplainable because the manager can't speak English.

scott herbertson
It's a total nonsense this Wiess getting the job anyway, so you would imagine his assistant would be another nonsense or a Steve Frail type of guy who is Britishand desperate for a job and is kept out of the loop in eveything that is done and is stuck in front of the media to explain the unexplainable because the manager can't speak English.

......and takes deep breath.........

I want Elvis as assistant

Yeah, like that's gonna happen while Romanov still owns the club :rolleyes:

More chance of seeing Rix back as assistant.

And he has had management experience with MFK Ruzomberok in slovakia, only for a season, where he guided them to 3rd place. Since then he has been in charge of Slovak youth teams. Might not be a bad shout!?

Buffalo Bill
Bernard Matthews.

But he's bought some real turkeys over from Europe?

Buffalo Bill

I'd like to see Weiss appoint the Terminator as his assistant.

Either that or Robocop.

TBH I'd be happy with any form of mechanised killing machine. Good or bad.

I would be surprised if Frail is not part of the new set-up.

Do you know something DH? I ask because I understand Frail will be looked after although my source is not always 100% accurate.

On the one hand I think he should be rewarded with a post for his recent efforts and on the other hand I think we should sever all coaching ties from the past, including AK, and really start afresh.

Do you know something DH? I ask because I understand Frail will be looked after although my source is not always 100% accurate.

On the one hand I think he should be rewarded with a post for his recent efforts and on the other hand I think we should sever all coaching ties from the past, including AK, and really start afresh.

AK is going nowhere. :mad:

Archived