Wanting Hearts to lose to Dunfermline

Ecce Romanov

Ecce Romanov

I've talked to a few Jambos who wanted us to lose so that Cathro would get sacked. 

I know it is immaterial as he is away now, but I thought it was interesting that  he had disillusioned some fans so much that they would rather be knocked out the (albeit wee) cup than keep him on.

For me, I didn't want us to lose, but wasn't overly disappointed when we did  draw and ultimately lose on pens  (as I had more recently come to the conclusion it wasn't working with him, despite wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt).

What do others think about wanting your team to lose to get what you want???

Walter Bishop

I certainly didnt want us to get beat but part of me was quite happy with the end result as it meant there was no option but to sack Cathro.

We haven't won this cup since the year I was born - why on earth would we want knocked out of a cup competition- just sounds so daft.

You'll sometimes come across a fan who might say "i hope we get beat today because i want the manager sacked" but in reality when they get to the game you'd never believe they'd said it. The love and passion for your team makes you say things that really you might not mean especially when your team is getting beat.

You'll sometimes come across a fan who might say "i hope we get beat today because i want the manager sacked" but in reality when they get to the game you'd never believe they'd said it. The love and passion for your team makes you say things that really you might not mean especially when your team is getting beat.

Absolutely correct!

Didn't want us to loose but after the game I wasn't disappointed or angry because I thought that it would be the final straw for Cathro. So in a way it was maybe a blessing in disguise. But I never would want Hearts to loose a match

I'd much rather we had won and it was the start of Cathro turning it round. If Stockton takes the chance at the end it could have been.

Archived