Jordan McGhee EEN article

HamishMcGonagall

Rudolf's Mate

If he's custodian of a Hearts Jersey for short or long term, good on him. All else, does matter.

Long long way to go b4 legend.

On his previous showings I'd say mission impossible! Would be delighted to be proved wrong though.

This article has been taken from an article in another paper where what Jordan said provided more detail. the original article that wee Barry has probably had a look at and retyped indicated that while their level of performance did let the fans down, themselves down etc. etc. the main person they let down was their coach, Ian Cathro, by failing to do what they were asked to do and set themselves up in the way they were asked to do so. However, based on some of the absolute fecking drivel you can read both on this website and on Facebook I am happy to accept that in their eyes players not doing as they are asked to do is genuinely the fault of their coach, a coach who up until Tuesday night had us looking much more like a team for the first time in an awful long time. And the reason for the change on Tuesday night, these fans are blaming Cathro despite the players coming out and saying they didn't do what they were told to do.

I didn't read much more of the article so cannot comment on what else Jordan has said in general.

If a manager can't get his team to do what he wants them to do, surely that makes him a poor manager?  Maybe better just sticking to the coaching and leaving the management to someone who can motivate and who players wouldn't dare to ignore instructions from?

Stop slavering pish in the papers and do your talking on the park. This applies to all our players not just Jordan. Did he mention he was lucky not to be sent off against East Fife on Saturday?

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

So now Cathro controls what the players say to the media???

**** sake guys yous are paranoid.

Not Cathro, no but the club will have a party line that the players must toe. The only one we regularly hear is about how it was a one off bad result and not good enough but well turn it around blah blah blah.

We haven't won enough to have heard much else out of the.

Watt-Zeefuik

Right words said.

Now prove you mean them on Saturday. And more importantly the weekend next.

If a manager can't get his team to do what he wants them to do, surely that makes him a poor manager? Maybe better just sticking to the coaching and leaving the management to someone who can motivate and who players wouldn't dare to ignore instructions from?

Blaming parents for what their children do has always seemed sensible to me

Wonder what some of the fans would have to answer for?

Blaming parents for what their children do has always seemed sensible to me

Wonder what some of the fans would have to answer for?

Thanks for clearing that up. 

Yawn. How many times have we heard Hearts players come out and say "wake up call", "devastated", "let the fans down, "we know what's expected of us" etc etc etc.

Just play like you mean it and want to be Hearts players. Play with pace and tempo and aggression and plenty shortcomings in your collective ability will be forgiven. We know you aren't the most talented players on the planet, you wouldn't be at Hears earning a couple of grand a week if you were but ffs play with commitment and effort every game. Play like winning is the best all and end all.

Shanks said no

THIS

And it was and is continuing to be a different player(s) after every bad result.  What is the point in having a captain as it is rarely the captain that speaks. Even all 100 different ones we had last season.

Must be close to running out of bleeding players then.

i wish jj was my dad

I like Jordan and think he will develop beside Berra, Hughes and Soapy. I was a Robbie fan but I think he messed the laddie about which was a shame because his attitude and commitment would have been preferable to some of last year's impostors

Dusk_Till_Dawn

McGhee's pretty much embarrassed himself in the last year or so. If I was him I'd not be shouting the odds too much

RustyRightPeg

Think he will be a big player for us this year. Potential to bloom working with Berra and Hughes everyday.

Hasn't kicked on since being a promising youngster.

More guff about wake up calls etc etc

Caspian Primrose

I'd like to think there's a sincerity behind Jordan's words and he's mentally down for the hard graft required to make himself a starter. It definitely felt before that he'd had his head turned with patter about moving to England and thought he could cut it down there, but his loan spell has obviously been an eye opener. I'd rather see him playing at the back instead of Nowak.

It did come across that his attitude wasnt quite right before he went down there. Which was why i wasnt bothered that he left. If hes being sincere then im more than happy for him to have another crack at it.

Archived