***Official Peterhead vs Heart of Midlothian match thread***

Locky

I don't know why he changed formation initially last night?

He wants to be a viosonary.  He is basically trying to play Mozart's piano concerto # 21 in C ****ing major before he has even learnt how to play chopsticks.

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to get behind the team vocally this weekend, intimidate the opposition and hopefully severely stuff Dunfermline. They'll be bursting with confidence and ours will probably be a wee bit jittery. Not a huge fan of Cathro but I reckon he's here till Crimbo if the team plays poorly. If the boos start ringing out like they did at the end of last season then the teams confidence will be done and that's the last thing we need considering our first four fixtures when the season kicks off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't Dunfermline have 8 pts and we have 6?

So a win would give us 9...

Aye, I'm a tool - thought they had nine but then won on pens one of the games. 

J.T.F.Robertson

Nowt to do with anything I suppose, but was watching a bit of the Barca/MU game in the pub tonight and it came to me ....... we were just beaten by Peterheid.

Now my expectations have never been particularly high when it comes to Hearts, but comethefeckon!

As stated, I'm not long back from the pub so go easy.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Our plodding, pedestrian style is a problem that's bigger than Cathro. It's pretty obvious Levein has bitten off more than he can chew with this principles of play bullshit. Given there are few people in the game less likely to admit a mistake than him we could yet plunge even newer depths of mediocrity and dogshite.

Bazzas right boot

You only needed to look at the team to see we were no way going to.hammer them.Guys like hamilton/nowak/mcghee/buaben are just not going to make us better.Then you have walker again were talking about another poor performance.Said for a long time we need energetic midfielders we need genuine pace its easy to see.Well done to the fans going last night you should be awarded free tickets for the next game at tynie.

Pace and drive are required.

We must have wages available.

Peterhead Should be beaten no matter what, however a new GK and a couple of player's with drive and pace will make a big difference.

Must be addressed now.

Cadden must be signed in my opinion.Can give you width in a front three,has drive,can go past a man and has good delivery.Now he's adding goals to his game.We better be quick about it.Tin hat on here but i believe he would give more than Walker as i feel he's actually a better player in general.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cadden must be signed in my opinion.Can give you width in a front three,has drive,can go past a man and has good delivery.Now he's adding goals to his game.We better be quick about it.Tin hat on here but i believe he would give more than Walker as i feel he's actually a better player in general.

Two tin hats. Jamie has done bits but nothing like his best Perhaps time for a change? Use the cash to bring in a fresh motivated player.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pace and drive are required.

We must have wages available.

Peterhead Should be beaten no matter what, however a new GK and a couple of player's with drive and pace will make a big difference.

Must be addressed now.

Agreed we need a new keeper but not even remotely linked to the defeat at Peterhead. He did ok bar pushing a free-kick back down the middle instead of wide but it was a fierce drive.

Midfield needs addressed rapidly. Worrying we haven't. Djoum has to stay or we are in trouble

Bazzas right boot

Agreed we need a new keeper but not even remotely linked to the defeat at Peterhead. He did ok bar pushing a free-kick back down the middle instead of wide but it was a fierce drive.

Midfield needs addressed rapidly. Worrying we haven't. Djoum has to stay or we are in trouble

Big trouble.

Anyway, ram 3/4 past Dunfermline and we'll be Winning the LC again.

Still need the midfield issue addressed asap, it must be getting done....

Watt-Zeefuik

I'll repeat I think Walker at his best is bordering on EPL standard but so many games he can't seem to find that gear. I think he's actually had a good season, and that Peterhead was really his first game of the year where he disappeared for huge stretches.

Nonetheless I've barely seen any of Cadden, but if he brings the same energy every game, even if the peak isn't Jamie's standard, I'd prefer that.

Cruyff Turn

At the game I had no idea whether it was a pen or not, but having watched the highlights it looks like an unintentional tangle of legs, with their player actually bringing down Djoum, as opposed to a deliberate foul:

Cheers. Those highlights are better than Hearts tv.

Those two goals we conceded were amatuerish.

Walkers header was brutally unlucky as was Ismas attempt. Too many chances missed and some bombscare defending cost us, we should have been comfortable.

Anyhoo, such is life, this sort of thing happens and we'll hopefully react to it.

Watt-Zeefuik

Watching the highlights the first goal looks like classic formation confusion. Four Hearts players looked around as if to say, "whose man was that?"  Easy header from a corner with no mark on.

When playing a team that much lower there's a tendency for any player to say, "it's my chance to have some highlight reel stuff." Isma looked prone to that multiple times. A good first touch and a bit of a burst in a couple of places probably would have earned him two pens or maybe set up a teammate, but he looked like he wanted a Maradona moment. All fine and good AFTER you've built up a three goal lead.

If the pen was a pen, the contact must have happened before the Peterhead player comes into the frame, because he's already going down. The Hearts player (Djoum?) didn't argue though.

David McCaig

The highlights for the first goal are perfect illustrations of the limitations of both Buaben and Hamilton.

Buaben is caught dithering... Quelle surprise.

The header from the corner has plenty of power but it's still straight at Hamilton. A better keeper would have saved it.

August Landmesser

The highlights for the first goal are perfect illustrations of the limitations of both Buaben and Hamilton.

Buaben is caught dithering... Quelle surprise.

The header from the corner has plenty of power but it's still straight at Hamilton. A better keeper would have saved it.

Midfield & Keeper; coincidentally, the two areas of the pitch that management have repeatedly stated they're actively looking to strengthen. AM & IC Can see the weaknesses, they're working to fix them. I vote for giving them more than three games to do it.

Thanks for posting the highlights

Plenty chances and Walker looked good. Isma looked good too just taking too long to release the ball or have a shot, needs to improve on that.

Poor defending for their first goal, but the penalty probably wasn't a penalty.

Too many missed chances for Hearts though and that is what ultimately cost the match.

David McCaig

Midfield & Keeper; coincidentally, the two areas of the pitch that management have repeatedly stated they're actively looking to strengthen. AM & IC Can see the weaknesses, they're working to fix them. I vote for giving them more than three games to do it.

And there was me thinking that AM and IC have been in post for almost 8 months!!!

SEVEN new players in the Peterhead team!

So much for the Cathro apologists excuse for that defeat "we have new players - they need to gel"

August Landmesser

And there was me thinking that AM and IC have been in post for almost 8 months!!!

November to the end of last season was a write-off - remember all those short-termers we signed for six months to allow us to empty out the dead wood?

They have a clean slate as far as I'm concerned. Let's see where we are after a round or two of League games (by a round or two I meant 11 or 20-odd, everyone home & away)...

David McCaig

SEVEN new players in the Peterhead team!

So much for the Cathro apologists excuse for that defeat "we have new players - they need to gel"

The problem for me is that Cowie and Buaben have gelled. They have been playing together for 3 seasons, what they are delivering is exactly what we expect.

Good highlights for a lower division team.  Nice camera quality, decent screen graphics and good following of the action.

However, it also showed what actually went wrong for us on the night - it's like every player decided to turn into Tony Watt for the night.  Dithering on the ball, too many touches, trying to be too fancy.

We didn't get away with it against Peterhead and we sure as **** won't get away with it against Premiership teams.

Archived