Oh for **** sake... (More GTA4 'outrage')

Tane

Rick Grimes

good grief.

they're clearly missing the point that the site is satire on the horrible beauty pageants for toddlers that exist all over the US.

I'll tell you what's disgusting. The Sun, and the pathetic journalism on display in that article.

Do The Dance

Never in my life have I bought the Sun newspaper. Alot of that is to do with the way they reported Hillsborough. The rest is because the paper is filth.

Never in my life have I bought the Sun newspaper. Alot of that is to do with the way they reported Hillsborough. The rest is because the paper is filth.

Ultra cheap toilet paper.

the voice from above

Can't get on the sun's website (the work internet has, quite rightly, banned it).

Anyone care to offer some insight? At the moment it seems rockstar have got Niko working for a pedo ring?

Gavsy Van Gaverson

A HIT computer game has sparked outrage by featuring a spoof paedophile website.

Grand Theft Auto IV encourages players to boost their notoriety by committing crimes like stealing cars and killing gangsters.

But fans have now found a ?cheat? which lets the main character achieve a ?five star wanted rating? by clicking on a child beauty pageant website in the game?s virtual internet cafe.

The fake site ? little lacysurprisepageant.com ? displays a message from virtual authorities saying it has been closed down. It warns that anyone caught looking at it will be investigated and features the warning: ?We see it all, we know it all.?

GTA IV ... over 1m sold in UK

Using the cheat makes the game harder and leads to thrilling car chases and shootouts. But it has outraged fans.

Jason Deschoolmeester, 23, of South Wales, said: ?I was looking on the internet for cheats and the name of this caught my eye as my daughter is called Lacey. This crosses the line. The makers have obviously sat around and discussed putting this in, and it?s not on. What will they do next?

?It?s disgusting. It could lead people to indulge in things like that. It is totally sick. I won?t play it again.?

Advertisement

The domain name address is just one of dozens of fake sites in GTA IV that result in cheats to the storyline. Typing it into a real internet browser take users to the official website for the game.

There is no suggestion that any missions in the game allow players to act out the role of a paedophile.

The 18-rated title, which has sold more than a million copies in Britain, has caused controversy by including themes of gangland killing, drug dealing, stealing cars and prostitution.

A spokesman for makers Rockstar Games declined to comment.

:wacko:

the voice from above
A HIT computer game has sparked outrage by featuring a spoof paedophile website.

Grand Theft Auto IV encourages players to boost their notoriety by committing crimes like stealing cars and killing gangsters.

But fans have now found a ?cheat? which lets the main character achieve a ?five star wanted rating? by clicking on a child beauty pageant website in the game?s virtual internet cafe.

The fake site ? little lacysurprisepageant.com ? displays a message from virtual authorities saying it has been closed down. It warns that anyone caught looking at it will be investigated and features the warning: ?We see it all, we know it all.?

GTA IV ... over 1m sold in UK

Using the cheat makes the game harder and leads to thrilling car chases and shootouts. But it has outraged fans.

Jason Deschoolmeester, 23, of South Wales, said: ?I was looking on the internet for cheats and the name of this caught my eye as my daughter is called Lacey. This crosses the line. The makers have obviously sat around and discussed putting this in, and it?s not on. What will they do next?

?It?s disgusting. It could lead people to indulge in things like that. It is totally sick. I won?t play it again.?

Advertisement

The domain name address is just one of dozens of fake sites in GTA IV that result in cheats to the storyline. Typing it into a real internet browser take users to the official website for the game.

There is no suggestion that any missions in the game allow players to act out the role of a paedophile.

The 18-rated title, which has sold more than a million copies in Britain, has caused controversy by including themes of gangland killing, drug dealing, stealing cars and prostitution.

A spokesman for makers Rockstar Games declined to comment.

:wacko:

Cheers.

People are ****ing idiots!

The Sun does a grand job pandering to them.

I hate The Sun, I hate people who buy it, I hate people who run it and I hate people who write it.

The rise of idiots becomes more terrifying every day...

The sun gutter journalism at it's very worst.

The really scary thing is that, they control a large portion of public opinion.

Jason Deschoolmeester, 23, of South Wales, said: “I was looking on the internet for cheats and the name of this caught my eye as my daughter is called Lacey. This crosses the line.

What a knob :rolleyes:

From her son, rossaldinho

I was thinking about this again today... and another quote got me thinking:

I was looking on the internet for cheats and the name of this caught my eye as my daughter is called Lacey.

Can you imagine if he was browsing online in real life... Imagine trying to make that argument hold up in court.

Archived