Just a Opinion.....100% behind the Manager

Jam11

Why is there so much negativity surrounding the appointment of a new manager? Only a few months ago we were crying out for a manager to come in a be aloud to pick HIS own team. Now its looking like Vladimir Weiss is on his way to becoming Manager of HMFC. If people look into his credentials and what type of man he is there is no way in hell he would relocate his family to be a puppet or a yes man. Is it because he comes from an eastern European back round and speaks Russian there are all these sceptics shooting him down before he is even in the front door?! Imo it might be the answer and the solution to our problems to have someone from VR's neck of the world in charge, someone who he can ultimately trust and give his backing to. Look at any other club in Britain who have been looking for a new gaffer, not everyone will agree with an appointment but surely whoever comes in WE as supporters should be giving our 100% support backing to. To see on other posts people bringing down a man before he is even in a job is a sad to see. If VW is appointed I do not think for one moment he would have taken the job if he was told he would not have 100% control of picking the team. So whoever does end up in the job imo should be given the chance to prove themselves before the knives come out. Lets do something we've not done for a while on jkb...............................be postive!! ;)

Ray Winstone

Boooo....VLADSHEEP!

If anyone dares to be positive on here you must be a Vlad lover.

WEISS GTF

ROMANOV GTF

;)

Jam Tarts 1874
Why is there so much negativity surrounding the appointment of a new manager? Only a few months ago we were crying out for a manager to come in a be aloud to pick HIS own team. Now its looking like Vladimir Weiss is on his way to becoming Manager of HMFC. If people look into his credentials and what type of man he is there is no way in hell he would relocate his family to be a puppet or a yes man. Is it because he comes from an eastern European back round and speaks Russian there are all these sceptics shooting him down before he is even in the front door?! Imo it might be the answer and the solution to our problems to have someone from VR's neck of the world in charge, someone who he can ultimately trust and give his backing to. Look at any other club in Britain who have been looking for a new gaffer, not everyone will agree with an appointment but surely whoever comes in WE as supporters should be giving our 100% support backing to. To see on other posts people bringing down a man before he is even in a job is a sad to see. If VW is appointed I do not think for one moment he would have taken the job if he was told he would not have 100% control of picking the team. So whoever does end up in the job imo should be given the chance to prove themselves before the knives come out. Lets do something we've not done for a while on jkb...............................be postive!! ;)

Too much good sense here, watch out for the deluge of wrist-slashers! :eek:

Just as you have stated your opinion others are entitled to do the same if they feel the appointment is the wrong one. What credentials and evidence to suggest the sort of man he is are you referring to ?

Guest JamboRobbo
Just as you have stated your opinion others are entitled to do the same if they feel the appointment is the wrong one.

No, no, you're not a true supporter unless you give your support, 100%, no questions asked, regardless of whether or not you have any concerns about his appointment.

It least I think thats what is being said.

Just as you have stated your opinion others are entitled to do the same if they feel the appointment is the wrong one. What credentials and evidence to suggest the sort of man he is are you referring to ?

The guy is an out and out football man. He's represented his country at the world cup. He has taken a team who are by no means even in the top 3 in slovakia to europe and won league and cups. Imo he wants to suceed in his job and certainly would not care about Rangers and Celtic like other mangers who have or could have been in the Hearts job.

Guest JamboRobbo
The guy is an out and out football man. He's represented his country at the world cup. He has taken a team who are by no means even in the top 3 in slovakia to europe and won league and cups. Imo he wants to suceed in his job and certainly would not care about Rangers and Celtic like other mangers who have or could have been in the Hearts job.

And he has NO experience of british football. A criteria even HMFC implied was important in their statement on January first.

That is my concern with him. Lack of local knowledge.

No, no, you're not a true supporter unless you give your support, 100%, no questions asked, regardless of whether or not you have any concerns about his appointment.

It least I think thats what is being said.

Who said anything about being a true supporter if your not giving 100% support???? Where does it say that? What has been said is that I(me) will be giving MY full backing and surely as Hearts supporters we should be giving our support to the Manager to give him the chance to do well, not slate him before he is even in the job. And as the title clearly states " JUST AN OPINION....................100% BEHIND THE MANAGER". NO like your trying to put your usual twisted outlook on things. Like you have stated (in yout signature as well) we need a manger! Well guess what.....we're about to get one!!!! :mad:

Most of our managers that VR has appointed have been out and out football men and most have represented their country. They have also won things as players and managers. It has meant ****all as soon as VR got his mucky hands on them. I wish VR would just let CO get on with the job of appointing our manager. Yes we missed out on MM but i would be confident of CO getting just as suitable a candidate. just to add i don't get this thing about having to "not care" about the OF. How does that qualify them as a candidate for the hearts job ? If we ever have a manager that is attracting the interest of the OF i think it is fair to say he would have done a great job for us.

And he has NO experience of british football. A criteria even HMFC implied was important in their statement on January first.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN ACCEPTING THAT THE OLD FIRM GOVERN SCOTTISH FOOTBALL! NO QUESTIONS ASKED THATS JUST THE WAY IT GOES HERE?!

Thats whats appealing about this guy he doesn't give a monkeys about the Old Firm!!

Most of our managers that VR has appointed have been out and out football men and most have represented their country. They have also won things as players and managers. It has meant ****all as soon as VR got his mucky hands on them. I wish VR would just let CO get on with the job of appointing our manager. Yes we missed out on MM but i would be confident of CO getting just as suitable a candidate. just to add i don't get this thing about having to "not care" about the OF. How does that qualify them as a candidate for the hearts job ? If we ever have a manager that is attracting the interest of the OF i think it is fair to say he would have done a great job for us.

Its not I just find it refreshing.

Why couldn't Romanov just hire a damn good manager that we could all get behind, knowing he has the experience and the skill to turn the club into proper title challengers?

Why the need to bring in another unknown from his part of the world?

Why the need to hire someone who can't even speak the language of the land?

Why can't he just do the simple thing, it always has to be about the big IF. Sure Miami could be good, but he could easily be a Le Guen and be out on his ear come Xmas with the club as pish as last season.

I ain't getting behind him until he proves he's a winner, starting with 3pts against Motherwell and a good black eye for McGhee.

Thats the way things go on here imo, some just cant wait to stick the knive in/slash their wrists before player/manager/coach are even in the country.

We all wanted a manager(some even had that as a signature) and IF we get this guy he will be a manager............not someone to jump through hoops about (just now), but not a choice to get the razor blades out either.

I'll back him (or whoever) when they are appointed and get right behind him.

Airing you doubts about the man is fine also it is just the way some seem to do it with glee imo.

Why can't he just do the simple thing, it always has to be about the big IF. Sure Miami could be good, but he could easily be a Le Guen and be out on his ear come Xmas with the club as pish as last season.

Where do we find this 'sure thing', surely all appointments could be good or could be bad?

HMFC stated that was their preferred option. nothing implied except what you have chosen to imply to suit your own anti-Vlad agenda.

He did go for his preferred option and was shafted - and you know full well.

Mourinho had no experience of British football but did OK and there are others.

Unfortunately it's all too obvious that Vlad does not want a manager who will stand up to him otherwise he would have gone after another British manager like Jeffries, Davies (who I don't like) or Levein, who would all love to manage Hearts if Romanov was not at the club. In fact there would be a long queue to manage Hearts under different owners. That's`why a lot of fans on here are unhappy.

its plain and simple. Vlad cant attract a decent Brittish manager on the account of his reputation of interfering. the only Brittish managers that would come here is those that are desperate and out of work purely for the fact the arent good enough!

So he has to look abroad at unknowns who would give their right arm to manager a club like Hearts! i would imagine the money they'll be offered is a big incentive as well

we shall never atrract a DECENT brittish manager whilst Vlad is at the helm. if we do then they are off their heads or money makes their world go round

Where do we find this 'sure thing', surely all appointments could be good or could be bad?

Certainly, but there's less perceived risk in a quality man who knows our game than a guy who 'done the business' one time against Celtic and drew with the hun.

My point being that Romanov chooses his easy option, and our most unknown. Sure the guy could be great but we have to wait and see as nobody knows that much about him while if a man who's cut his teeth already in the SPL or at least GB was appointed there would be far more supporters agreeing it was a good move.

HMFC stated that was their preferred option. nothing implied except what you have chosen to imply to suit your own anti-Vlad agenda.

He did go for his preferred option and was shafted - and you know full well.

Jesus - what does Romanov have to do before some fans take the blinkers off and stop kissing his arse?

The truth is no British manager will touch Hearts whilst that man is in charge so we're reduced to nobodies like Weiss (and kid yourself as much as you might want - he's a nobody with no success in any league bigger than Latvia).

Mourinho had no experience of British football but did OK and there are others.

Ha ha. Good one.

Said it before and I'll say it again.

IF VW gets the gig, I'll back him to the hilt until he shows himself not worthy by being either a puppet or just plain crap.

Every manager has to take a step up to improve and show what they've got.

And as for the unknown bit, he's probably unknown over here in the same wway that MM is probably unknown in Slovakia.

lets just see what happens 3 points against m,well and not losing at ibrox would be a good start and would have the fans behind him especially if we are playing an entertaining game and look like a team again

jamboinglasgow
Boooo....VLADSHEEP!

If anyone dares to be positive on here you must be a Vlad lover.

WEISS GTF

ROMANOV GTF

;)

yup that's true.

I have not really posted on this subject in the last two days because I find it incrediable that people are labeling him a puppet simply because he is from east of the Iron curtain. Lithuania and Slovakia are no where near, he has never worked for Romanov before.

I do think it is a risky move and that he is not the best candidate but like others have said he is not the worst either. I think he could have a good impact at hearts though an assistant experenced in british football would be wise. He has a good achievement in his league and a good run in the CL. He is young as well so its not like he has spent many years in one league. Yes Saturn was not the biggest success but he may of learnt from his mistakes there. ALso the fact the National team want him is a good sign. There are many good club coaches who have represented their countries and that can only be a bonus.

Also one other thing. Who says Romanov choose him as a candidate. Could it be the board were forced to come up with a non-British list and they came up with Thor and Weiss. Romanov simply interviews them and comes up with who he wants.

Now I am not saying he will be a success, all I am saying is dont write him off until he has played a couple of games.

Guest JamboRobbo
WHAT DO YOU MEAN ACCEPTING THAT THE OLD FIRM GOVERN SCOTTISH FOOTBALL! NO QUESTIONS ASKED THATS JUST THE WAY IT GOES HERE?!

No, Firstly, I mean knowing about the level of player required to achieve x, y or z in the SPL.

He'll also need to know about the types of qualities players will need to be successfull in the SPL. (e.g. we WILL have to go to places like Inverness on a cold windy day - we will NEED players who can cope with this environment).

These are the sort of thing that make it a huge gamble.

Guest JamboRobbo

Ok, so it was HMFC's preferred option because they think it's a bad idea and is NOT something we should look for in a manager?

Or was it HMFC's preferred option because they think it's a good idea and IS something we should look for in a manager?

Or do you think it was HMFC's preferred option for no reason whatsoever, and they just put it on the website for a laugh?

Walter Kidd
No, Firstly, I mean knowing about the level of player required to achieve x, y or z in the SPL.

He'll also need to know about the types of qualities players will need to be successfull in the SPL. (e.g. we WILL have to go to places like Inverness on a cold windy day - we will NEED players who can cope with this environment).

Not those pesky Rixy second Balls JR? Going to be tough...lick lips...drink tea...groom schoolgirl....got to get the second ball....

What about setting the trend instead of following it. The guy is 43 not a dinosaur.

What a load of baloney. Is there no wind and cold where he comes from?

EVERY manager will be a huge gamble. Give it a rest.

Guest JamboRobbo
Give it a rest.

You give it a rest. I raise a couple of perfectly valid points, and as usual, you're trying to start a fight in an empty house. And if anyone talks baloney on here, it's you.

Charlie-Brown

Is Ross Tokely available JR ? :P

Guest JamboRobbo
Is Ross Tokely available JR ? :P

Thanks for illustrating my point again. We've seen the sort of players that play in the SPL, and we've all seen how physical a league it can be. Our players will need to be able to compete with those guys physically, before football even starts to come into it.

If you bring a load of players into a league, they'll be coming up against the unique challenges of that league over and over, week after week. It's fine taking a one off game (e.g. european match) and saying the foreigners are better. But if they're coming to play in our league, they need to be able to cope with the challenges of our league.

Charlie-Brown

I think any competent football manager could understand the unique challenges and 'qualities' of the SPL after about 3 or 4 fixtures if he was also watching videos & highlights of the other teams games as well.....for example it doesn't take long watching the Blue Square conference matches on setanta to figure out what's what about that league....plus the club will have existing scouting & match reports about our SPL opponents.

Also we already have some players with these unique qualities of our own.

Guest JamboRobbo
I think any competent football manager could understand the unique challenges and 'qualities' of the SPL after about 3 or 4 fixtures if he was also watching videos & highlights of the other teams games as well.....for example it doesn't take long watching the Blue Square conference matches on setanta to figure out what's what about that league....plus the club will have existing scouting & match reports about our SPL opponents.

Also we already have some players with these unique qualities of our own.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Sheriff Fatman

Maybe you need to look up the word 'preferred' in a dictionary. To me it means that that experience would be liked, but is not essential.

As to the nonsense about calling people lesser fans because people have differing ideas, well it makes a change from being called a 'glory seeker' or a hobo because you don't slit your wrists after any announcement from the club.

It's not the manager I would have chosen but it's also not a joke appointment. The boy has my backing if he gets the gig.

You give it a rest. I raise a couple of perfectly valid points, and as usual, you're trying to start a fight in an empty house. And if anyone talks baloney on here, it's you.

You made a couple of weak points. The guy isn't here yet (and may never be for all we know) and you're straight on with negative points not knowing who his assistant will be.

You didn't comment on your wind and cold theory. There will be cold and wind in Slovakia so I imagine it won't be a life-changing experience for him and he managed in Russia which of course is renowned for it's all year round sunshine - I don't think.

We could get a British manager from the south of England and that would meet your British criteria. If he's never been north of Watford would he know about a cold windy night in Inverness?

Guest JamboRobbo
Maybe you need to look up the word 'preferred' in a dictionary. To me it means that that experience would be liked, but is not essential.

I do know what preferred means.

Do you reckon they bothered to state they'd prefer someone with British experience because it was an UNimportant issue? Or do you think they just stated that preferrence for a laugh?

Can we stop chasing our tail, saying the same thing and just wait a day or two to see what happens?

Nah? Okay. :)

Guest JamboRobbo
You made a couple of weak points. The guy isn't here yet (and may never be for all we know) and you're straight on with negative points not knowing who his assistant will be.

You didn't comment on your wind and cold theory. There will be cold and wind in Slovakia so I imagine it won't be a life-changing experience for him and he managed in Russia which of course is renowned for it's all year round sunshine - I don't think.

We could get a British manager from the south of England and that would meet your British criteria. If he's never been north of Watford would he know about a cold windy night in Inverness?

As usual, missing the point.

Guest JamboRobbo
Can we stop chasing our tail, saying the same thing and just wait a day or two to see what happens?

Nah? Okay. :)

Sounds like a plan to me. Will have to see if my stalker will leave me alone to have an opinion tho.

Sounds like a plan to me. Will have to see if my stalker will leave me alone to have an opinion tho.

:)

I personally am tired posting the same opinion on hunners of different threads about the same guy. It will please many on here but I for one will try not to add any more until we know more.

Did you prang his car or something? Or, did you buy the last fudge donut when he was right behind you in the queue desperate for such a culinary delight?

Sheriff Fatman
I do know what preferred means.

Do you reckon they bothered to state they'd prefer someone with British experience because it was an UNimportant issue? Or do you think they just stated that preferrence for a laugh?

They tried to get someone with 'British' experience, but were shafted, nobody else made any serious moves to go for the job (people spreading rumours on this board based on nothing more than the dream they had the night before, or what their taxi driver's brother's hairdresser's baker tell them are not serious). So what do you think would happen, they would wait around until someone gets sacked from another job and bothers to apply.

They tried to get someone with 'British' experience, but were shafted, nobody else made any serious moves to go for the job (people spreading rumours on this board based on nothing more than the dream they had the night before, or what their taxi driver's brother's hairdresser's baker tell them are not serious). So what do you think would happen, they would wait around until someone gets sacked from another job and bothers to apply.

Quite correct SF but be careful you don't disgree with him too often as he'll accuse you of stalking him or even missing the point. Pathetic!

How do you know no else was interested ? I doubt everyone made their interest public. VR should have allowed CO to move onto someone else when MM shafted us.

Guest JamboRobbo

None of which makes "british experience" any more or less important than it was when HMFC said it was preferable tho. :P

Jambojohnnyboy

We have no option but to get behind the new manager, that is only proper but we have to consider is this vlad's final throw of the dice as far as the supporters are concerned? I'll give the new a guy a fair crack of the whip, I'm not looking for or expecting us to be lifting the title in a new managers 1st or 2nd season especially when we don't know what the squad will be like, but I will gladly accept defeat if it's easy to see that the guy has them playing as well as they possibly can and I think that right now that is what we would like to see on the park this season, consistency and commitment. We should be looking at moulding a young team that will stay together for a few years, with that approach we should see some success.

a manager must be allowed to manage the team and decide who plays every game without interference from anyone. if you want to give a romanov puppet 100% backing that's up to you but just remember romanov's track record of telling the manager/coach who he has to play and the shambles it's caused to the team and the harm it's done to the players.

all i want is a guarentee that a new manager be given total control of all first team matters then he'll get my support until he either leaves or proves to be clueless.

romanov and his yes men must have no say in team selection.

How do you know no else was interested ? I doubt everyone made their interest public. VR should have allowed CO to move onto someone else when MM shafted us.

We did

CO met with CL

Who turned us down flat out.

Where would we have went from there?

I'd take Weiss over Jim Jefferies in all honesty.

Archived