• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homme

• hueyview

• Statto

• tian447

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another decent week for me so far. Sitting a point off the top with four players (three Arsenal) to play tomorrow.

That's good, I expected Chelsea to do well today, Hazard gone missing, Morara knackered. Was at 75th now 38th, hopefully inside top 30 after tomorrow.

Target top 10 before Christmas... :)

That's good, I expected Chelsea to do well today, Hazard gone missing, Morara knackered. Was at 75th now 38th, hopefully inside top 30 after tomorrow.

Target top 10 before Christmas... :)

Used my wildcard as the fixtures just didn't suit my squad. Took my city players out and benched my remaining Chelsea player as couldn't call that game this week.

Most of my points are being picked up by defenders this year. Swapping David Luiz for Davies of Spurs served me well.

I suspect my Arsenal contingent to be reduced again over the next couple of game weeks.

Used my wildcard as the fixtures just didn't suit my squad. Took my city players out and benched my remaining Chelsea player as couldn't call that game this week.

Most of my points are being picked up by defenders this year. Swapping David Luiz for Davies of Spurs served me well.

I suspect my Arsenal contingent to be reduced again over the next couple of game weeks.

Davies was good for me too today....Can never remember Spurs being league winners, so not natural choices. Picking forwards has been hell had most at one time or other...

• 2 weeks later...

Morata and Aguera out for some time.  Not clear if Lakaku able to start for man utd.  With Firminhos drop in form at Liverpool, and Vardy hardly scoring its getting hard to pick forwards....

Difficult week. 

Can't believe i'm sitting top. Never had a sniff in previous years!

Most of my points so far have come from defenders tbh. Points to be made with clean sheets etc.

8 minutes ago, Homme said:

Difficult week. 

Can't believe i'm sitting top. Never had a sniff in previous years!

Most of my points so far have come from defenders tbh. Points to be made with clean sheets etc.

One advantage with defenders from top clubs seems to be the avoidance of player rotation given too midfielder and  forwards...  When lakakus playing position confirmed, will be aiming  for inside top 30 this weekend..

Half my team has a '! - 75% chance of playing' :muggy: 

Sitting 25th at the moment, only the 74 point gap to Homme :lol: 

I'm probably captaining Kane this week. He's the only obvious option but I'm so tempted to captain Alonso.

Chelsea have a good chance of a clean sheet against Crystal Palace. I had a look at Palace's last few games and 6 of their last 8 goals conceded, the assist came from a player playing on the left, Sane (2), Young, Rashford (2) and Martial. Alonso averages 1.6 shots per game and has scored twice this season but doesn't have an assist yet and his expected assists is only 0.23. If they were home to Palace and Morata was playing, I think I would have put the armband on him but I don't think I can do it this week.

Kane will be captained by about 90% of his owners, if he gets 2 or 3 goals against Bournemouth and Alonso blanks against Palace, I'd drop quite far down the leagues, I don't think it's worth that risk. I do have doubts about Kane at home, only 20% of his goals for Spurs and England this season have come at Wembley, he played 180 minutes during the International break (Alonso played 0) and Spurs play Real Madrid in the Champions League on Tuesday, (Chelsea don't play until Wednesday). I did have thoughts about Spurs possibly starting Llorente over Kane but after the last International break, Kane played 180 minutes for England and played 85 minutes of their next league game away to Everton before their CL game against Dortmund (although that was a Wednesday). I think Kane will start.

17 minutes ago, Statto said:

I'm probably captaining Kane this week. He's the only obvious option but I'm so tempted to captain Alonso.

Chelsea have a good chance of a clean sheet against Crystal Palace. I had a look at Palace's last few games and 6 of their last 8 goals conceded, the assist came from a player playing on the left, Sane (2), Young, Rashford (2) and Martial. Alonso averages 1.6 shots per game and has scored twice this season but doesn't have an assist yet and his expected assists is only 0.23. If they were home to Palace and Morata was playing, I think I would have put the armband on him but I don't think I can do it this week.

Kane will be captained by about 90% of his owners, if he gets 2 or 3 goals against Bournemouth and Alonso blanks against Palace, I'd drop quite far down the leagues, I don't think it's worth that risk. I do have doubts about Kane at home, only 20% of his goals for Spurs and England this season have come at Wembley, he played 180 minutes during the International break (Alonso played 0) and Spurs play Real Madrid in the Champions League on Tuesday, (Chelsea don't play until Wednesday). I did have thoughts about Spurs possibly starting Llorente over Kane but after the last International break, Kane played 180 minutes for England and played 85 minutes of their next league game away to Everton before their CL game against Dortmund (although that was a Wednesday). I think Kane will start.

Palace 1 - 0 Chelsea methinks

10 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Triple captained Kane. Risk since they're at home but I'm currently 43rd or something and need a boost.

Good choice of wildcard, Kane was not a player I have considered before, but he's on form...  Timed out on removing Morata, will rely on decent substitute.  King Prawn mentioned Palaces lack of goals etc....  They have to get a point somewhere?

5 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

Triple captained Kane. Risk since they're at home but I'm currently 43rd or something and need a boost.

57904c299f543dcb0669c492385e3aa8--spiderman-face-fallout-meme.jpg.1f3ae8e73035b401661995d356d866ce.jpg

No hattricks today.....   Saved my transfer to add to next week.....  Be glad to get Aguera and Pogba back in the fold.......   Struggle to move up, into top 30...  Not many points about...

Deadline is tonight at 7pm because of the West Ham - Brighton game.

Undecided who my captain will be. Jesus and David Silva are my City options. I'm not giving the armband to a Spurs player at Wembley. Joselu is at home to Palace, he has 2 goals in his 3 home games but Palace might have turned the corner after the result against Chelsea.

I'm probably going with a Man City player. Burnley won't be an easy game, they have had some very good results away in the PL this season already, they've beaten Chelsea and Everton and drawn with Spurs and Liverpool but it's hard to ignore Man City's home form, 17 goals in their last 3 games.

I've switched the captaincy between Jesus and Silva a couple of times. Silva is the more likely to start and play more minutes but if they both play, Jesus is the more likely to score goals and pick up more points. Aguero is ready for Saturday according to Pep, but he hasn't played in 4 weeks, does he get thrown in from the start instead of Jesus or brought on for the last half an hour? They've got Wolves in the League Cup on Tuesday, Jesus played the last round of the LC, Aguero wasn't in the squad. Jesus has played a lot recently, for both club and country, will he be rested for the PL game on Saturday then brought back for the LC?

Silva is my captain just now but it might change again.

I transferred out Kolašinac for Stones to free up funds so expect him and/or Arsenal's defense to have a good week as sods law strikes :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Jeffosphere said:

Between Morata and Kane for captain this week. Staying clear of the City strikers due to them constantly being switched around

Took Lakuko over Morata for captain.....  City and Chelsea can be pains with player rotation.....  Team now settled with only Pogba to return.......  Will have to raise a couple of million on down selling 3 or 4 players to get him...    

Can see hattricks this weekend (Big teams v small teams)

1 minute ago, hueyview said:

Took Lakuko over Morata for captain.....  City and Chelsea can be pains with player rotation.....  Team now settled with only Pogba to return.......  Will have to raise a couple of million on down selling 3 or 4 players to get him...    

Can see hattricks this weekend (Big teams v small teams)

Chelsea aren't a pain in terms of strikers. Conte doesn't like Batshuayi so Morata is a stick on to start. 

I've resorted to Harry Kane captain. Don't rate Liverpools DF

12 minutes ago, Jeffosphere said:

Chelsea aren't a pain in terms of strikers. Conte doesn't like Batshuayi so Morata is a stick on to start. 

I've resorted to Harry Kane captain. Don't rate Liverpools DF

Expected Morata to still be out...  Have him with Hazard to get points.  Kept Kane but changed captain from him to Lakoku..

Just now, hueyview said:

Expected Morata to still be out...  Have him with Hazard to get points.  Kept Kane but changed captain from him to Lakoku..

Played 90 during the week did he not? I have Hazard as well and kept Vardy in

48 minutes ago, King prawn said:

6 points for Groß. Steady start.

Got him.....   Counts in Fantasy as midfielder, but recognised striker.  Cheap, effectual buy.....

Getting in Aguero as Man city captain, and coutinho, Liverpool, this week.  Targeting top 20 place  now,  after two decent weeks.

I got rid of Alonso earlier in the week before his price drop. Downgraded to a Brighton defender to fund Jese to Salah. I'll captain Salah this weekend although I'm never confident in Liverpool when they play the smaller teams.

I had a poor score last week, dropped a few places but still within 20 points of the top-10.

9 minutes ago, Statto said:

I got rid of Alonso earlier in the week before his price drop. Downgraded to a Brighton defender to fund Jese to Salah. I'll captain Salah this weekend although I'm never confident in Liverpool when they play the smaller teams.

I had a poor score last week, dropped a few places but still within 20 points of the top-10.

Was also looking to get Salah in... que Coutinho or Firmino grabbing a hat trick

26 minutes ago, Jeffosphere said:

Was also looking to get Salah in... que Coutinho or Firmino grabbing a hat trick

Had Salah for the first few games of the season....  I was sure he would get points, had to offload him.  He seems to be back in the groove now.  

Coutinho and Kane ruled out for the weekend.

Luckily didn't go for Coutinho when I brought in Salah, I have Kane though. I'm probably just keeping him. I wasn't confident of him scoring against Man United anyway, they have Palace next week which would be a good fixture, if he misses that, he has the International break to recover. There aren't any great replacements, I already have Jesus, Lukaku hasn't scored in his last 2 and has Spurs and Chelsea next 2, Aguero may not start this week after playing 120 minutes midweek, Morata just coming back from injury and Chelsea have Man United next weekend, Lacazette has a good fixture this week home to Swansea but then has Man City then Spurs.

Joselu will play instead of Kane in my team, Burnley and Bournemouth next 2 aren't bad fixtures to have.

On 26/10/2017 at 18:05, hueyview said:

Getting in Aguero as Man city captain, and coutinho, Liverpool, this week.  Targeting top 20 place  now,  after two decent weeks.

Both players failed to play......    The bench players stepped up greatly...  Flying up the league...  ;)

Only have gross left to play tomorrow..... Will keep an eye on Aguero and Kane....  They can score hattricks/double points.  Target top 10 by Christmas....

That's Kane confirmed playing tomorrow. Must be a top choice for Captain, although all the main league strikers are playing.  Using the Bench boost this week.  Hopefully gain a place or two.

Kane captain of course. Kept Hazard and Morata in, hoping for a comfortable Chelsea win. Vardy was close to being my captain this week though and I reckon Richarlison is due a goal vs a struggling Everton

23 minutes ago, Jeffosphere said:

Kane captain of course. Kept Hazard and Morata in, hoping for a comfortable Chelsea win. Vardy was close to being my captain this week though and I reckon Richarlison is due a goal vs a struggling Everton

Had Hazard but released him.......   The goals seem more spread out season.  Getting a couple of consistent midfielders has proved more difficult.  

Vardy starting to come good, but hard to avoid Spurs form.  Everton seem to be  leeking goals.  :)

Edited by hueyview

I'm going to captain Salah over Kane this week, West Ham are missing so many defenders, he will get chances. Sunday will be painful to watch if Salah doesn't score today.

4 hours ago, Statto said:

I'm going to captain Salah over Kane this week, West Ham are missing so many defenders, he will get chances. Sunday will be painful to watch if Salah doesn't score today.

Can see Liverpool win the late game.  Salah is the only player I would consider choosing from their team.  All the big players seem to be playing to tomorrow.....

Nightmare week. Shit yesterday and I captain and vice captained two spurs players today, neither of whom are playing.

:muggy:

16 minutes ago, Homme said:

Nightmare week. Shit yesterday and I captain and vice captained two spurs players today, neither of whom are playing.

:muggy:

:lol:

At least you didn't triple captain one of them

Good weekend.  Be interesting too see who picks up injuries in the International games. Salah looking a good buy.

Say What Again

Had an absolute shocker last week after a couple of decent weeks.

Dropped from about 8th to 26th!

:seething:

Edited by Say What Again