Road Trip

Temple

When in Vegas in December me & my mate hooked up with a couple of birds from California:dribble:, we went back over in April & met them again. In August its our turn to play hosts, their over for ten days so were planning on spending 3days in Edinburgh either side of a 4day road trip around Scotland. Looking for suggestions for places to go/see/stay over etc?Anybody any good experiences of trips up North?

Say What Again

Oh go on....

GET THEM PUMPED!

(and then post pictures of them on here)

If they're still here on the 30th of August, take them for a day out in the picturesque village of Hamilton, you could even take them to a soccer match involving Hearts in the afternoon.

coppercrutch

Easter Road. Dianes Pool hall. Robbos. Kinross. Dundee. Falkirk. Gallowgate. Ibrox. Irvine. Port Glasgow. Airdrie. Motherwell. Armadale.

Definitley DO NOT do the above road trip. Under any circumstances.

Doctor FinnBarr
Oh go on....

GET THEM PUMPED!

Good god, you,ve got to be quick to get that in first now!

:)

My one and only experience of Californian girls will mean you won't be going out much. :P:p:p

they must all be like that over there;)

Easter Road. Dianes Pool hall. Robbos. Kinross. Dundee. Falkirk. Gallowgate. Ibrox. Irvine. Port Glasgow. Airdrie. Motherwell. Armadale.

Definitley DO NOT do the above road trip. Under any circumstances.

hadn't considered any of those places:eek:

tommythejambo

Me and a few boys from Uni were discussing a road trip at Easter. Fancied going south to find Byker Grove.

coppercrutch
hadn't considered any of those places:eek:

That would be wise. ;)

I would give some real advice but my travel experience in Scotland is pretty average....

However I will throw one out from leftfield (Like the yankee style language there :))

If they are Californian Girls they may play golf. If they do they would LOVE being taken to some nice links style classic golf course. Somewhere in East Lothian or up north perhaps. I play at Dunbar and you always see Yankee birds there soaking it all up. (Golf that is)

Of course they probably don't play golf so its no doubt a **** idea.

That would be wise. ;)

I would give some real advice but my travel experience in Scotland is pretty average....

However I will throw one out from leftfield (Like the yankee style language there :))

If they are Californian Girls they may play golf. If they do they would LOVE being taken to some nice links style classic golf course. Somewhere in East Lothian or up north perhaps. I play at Dunbar and you always see Yankee birds there soaking it all up. (Golf that is)

Of course they probably don't play golf so its no doubt a **** idea.

Of course your right, certainly not the golfing type, but more so your typical womens woman!!!

loch lomond, oban, crianlarach, fort william, ben nevis, mallaig, spean bridge, gairloch, loch ewe, ullapool, plockton, applecross, loch ness, inverness, strathpeffer, cromarty, culloden, pitlochry, forth bridges, edinburgh.

Could be done easily in a circuit,with "sleep-overs" in Oban, Fort William, Ullapool and and Inverness/Strathpeffer.

IF YOU FAIL TO REMEMBER HALF OF THESE, DO NOT FORGET YOUR CAMERA,

YOU WILL BE STOPPING EVERY MILE OR SO FOR PHOTOGRAPHS.

Good Luck

loch lomond, oban, crianlarach, fort william, ben nevis, mallaig, spean bridge, gairloch, loch ewe, ullapool, plockton, applecross, loch ness, inverness, strathpeffer, cromarty, culloden, pitlochry, forth bridges, edinburgh.

Could be done easily in a circuit,with "sleep-overs" in Oban, Fort William, Ullapool and and Inverness/Strathpeffer.

IF YOU FAIL TO REMEMBER HALF OF THESE, DO NOT FORGET YOUR CAMERA,

YOU WILL BE STOPPING EVERY MILE OR SO FOR PHOTOGRAPHS.

Good Luck

superb mate thanks;)

I P Knightley

OK, a longer trip:

Over the bridge to fife - they'll love the bridge and there's a lay-by just the other side where they can show you their gratitude.

On up by Rumbling Bridge, Yetts'o'Muckhart to Auchterarder.

Along the A9 to Perth.

I'd hang on the A9 as far as Inverness - great scenery, distillieries & lay-bys in which gratitude can be dispensed

At Inverness either down the north shore of Loch Ness or go round the north coast for something more wild and windy.

Hang off to Kyle of Lochalsh then head down the West coast maybe as far as Oban.

NO FURTHER, THOUGH you might end up in Glasgow!!

Cut across by the A82 round Loch Lomond, take in Aberfoyle, over to Stirling, show them Bannockburn and home on the M9.

If that lot doesn't get you some hole, you're in a right sorry state!

When in Vegas in December me & my mate hooked up with a couple of birds from California:dribble:, we went back over in April & met them again. In August its our turn to play hosts, their over for ten days so were planning on spending 3days in Edinburgh either side of a 4day road trip around Scotland. Looking for suggestions for places to go/see/stay over etc?Anybody any good experiences of trips up North?

Were you one of the three guys running about New York New York in Kilts at the end of April.

Were you one of the three guys running about New York New York in Kilts at the end of April.

we were there from April 17th - 22nd for the Calzaghe fight, that may well have been us if it was the Saturday night (19th)

we were there from April 17th - 22nd for the Calzaghe fight, that may well have been us if it was the Saturday night (19th)

No I arrived there on the 23rd. That week there were also a bunch of pilots from RAF Lossiemouth, a good bunch of guys.

nice one mate. Loch Lomond is a must i reckon!!

anybody any experience of Skye?

Skye will be perfect for your needs if my experience is anything to go by. Went there camping with a bird, it rained the ENTIRE four days, so other than dashes to the pub or visits to the supermarket I basically spent four days in a tiny wee tent skelping her senseless. Tent was a bit whiffy by the end mind. Oh happy, happy days.

After 3, "I wish they all could be California Girls..."

Say What Again
I basically spent four days in a tiny wee tent skelping her senseless.

OUTSTANDING!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'd suggest Shetland as it's beautiful if the weather's even half-decent...and if it isn't (well...August is getting on for winter;)) there's always the skelping them senseless option.

Helluva price to get here though - the road trip suggested by desperate sounds braw.

IMO Perthshire is beautiful....the St Johnstone option :D

The Old Tolbooth

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

So good I had to read it out to the better half!! :D

Skye will be perfect for your needs if my experience is anything to go by. Went there camping with a bird, it rained the ENTIRE four days, so other than dashes to the pub or visits to the supermarket I basically spent four days in a tiny wee tent skelping her senseless. Tent was a bit whiffy by the end mind. Oh happy, happy days.

chester copperpot
Oh go on....

GET THEM PUMPED!

Never read past this post.

Och I actually did, and had me in fits of laughter :laugh:.

I'd say take them wherever you want. Scotland is full of amazing stuff. There's beauty everywhere, I've seen a few amazing sights this year with my trips away with the kids.

Take them up north, but via the West coast, they will see everything they need to in a few days, giving you plenty time to 'Pump them senseless'.

coppercrutch

Is it just me....... or does the thought of that when you are over the age of 21 bore the **** out of you...............

I would rather be fishing, playing golf, drinking a pint of Ice Cold Best or trying to make fires Ray Mears "stylee"....

Tell me I am not the only one.............:peek_by_Andrin:

Dagger Is Back
Is it just me....... or does the thought of that when you are over the age of 21 bore the **** out of you...............

I would rather be fishing, playing golf, drinking a pint of Ice Cold Best or trying to make fires Ray Mears "stylee"....

Ok. If it makes you feel any better you're not the only one.

**** I was never a good liar.

The Old Tolbooth

Hobo ;)

Archived