Wireless connection help

fish

Was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem i have with my wireless connection. I've recently installed a KINGNET KN-W510P PCI 802.11g/802.11b 54mbps Wireless Network Card to use with my Sky broadband.

The network card is losing my internet connection all the time its especially anoying when im using my Xbox, i have to keep clicking repair which works for so long then it loses it again. Everytime it comes back on the signal is pretty much 100% so im no sure what the actual problem is!! Anyone one else had this problem:crash2:

Guest S.U.S.S.
Was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem i have with my wireless connection. I've recently installed a KINGNET KN-W510P PCI 802.11g/802.11b 54mbps Wireless Network Card to use with my Sky broadband.

The network card is losing my internet connection all the time its especially anoying when im using my Xbox, i have to keep clicking repair which works for so long then it loses it again. Everytime it comes back on the signal is pretty much 100% so im no sure what the actual problem is!! Anyone one else had this problem:crash2:

Tell your router to renew it connection.

When you click repair, it sounds like that you are losing your IP address, and this could be due to a conflict of IP addresses, if, assuming correctly, you are connecting your Xbox to your laptop then connecting to Xbox live that way. Try buying a longer ethernet cable, or splashing out on a wireless bridge (not one of those Microsoft ones, 60 quids a rip off) which you can pick up for 30 odd notes.

Is that how your machines setup already??

Guest S.U.S.S.
When you click repair, it sounds like that you are losing your IP address, and this could be due to a conflict of IP addresses, if, assuming correctly, you are connecting your Xbox to your laptop then connecting to Xbox live that way. Try buying a longer ethernet cable, or splashing out on a wireless bridge (not one of those Microsoft ones, 60 quids a rip off) which you can pick up for 30 odd notes.

Is that how your machines setup already??

iirc only the MS connector will allow ur 360 to set up wireless.

Its a PC im using, the KINGNET KN-W510P is the wireless network card which connects me to Sky broadband it loses the signal even when the xbox is off so i dont think that is affecting it when it is switched on.

Carl Spackler

Try changing the protocol. I had problems with my Sky Router and a new laptop and changed to WPA from WEP (I think) and this sorted the whole thing out.

iirc only the MS connector will allow ur 360 to set up wireless.

Wireless bridges plug into the ethernet slot in your 360, which makes it think its hard wired, when in fact, it is hooked up to a wireless device ;)

Archived