Total eclipse of the Sun

davie1980

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/07/03/now-nationwide-boycott-official-beginning-end-murdochs-sun/

Would like to see Hearts fans and the club back this.

Force this rag under.

The article reads as though it's English and Welsh clubs, I'd hope Scottish clubs feel as strongly

I'd love the Scottish Clubs reps to do this also. 

So many untruths and damaging smears it deserves to be shunned. The Sun has brought so much shame to the world of football over the years.

Romanov serving them monkey nuts was probably the smartest thing he did!

maroonlegions

Aye hopefully this rag goes under just like the News Of The World.

OmiyaHearts

I don't understand why anyone buys newspapers.

Yesterday's news today.

Son Of Anarchy

Hate all red tops. Liars and shit stirrers to suit which ever agenda they choose. Don't like em don't buy em, simple. I'm the petty sort. I'd ban all written media and only release info through Hearts TV and the official website. I know, i know, I did say I was petty ;)

Glamorous Glue

Yesterday's news today.

Was going to say the same. The only person I know that buys one is my granny.

Yesterday's news today.

Theres a lot more in some newspapers than just news.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The sooner the Sun dies the better.

The Canary's a pile of shit propaganda too though.

Add the Daily Record to the list too...

Both responsible up here for promoting an OF agenda to the detriment of the game.

I wouldnae wipe my arse with either the sun or the record so they get nowt from me anyway (including - most importantly going on their web sites)

Mind every view is advertising revenue.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I'd rather that we let people decide what they want to read.

You're not suggesting anyone who reads the Sun is capable of making a decision, are you?

You're not suggesting anyone who reads the Sun is capable of making a decision, are you?

I am suggesting they are entitled to, or at least try to.

I personally don't buy any newspapers, and read extracts from various online.

I would love to know how many who are boycotting, watch SKY though, or cooperate with them.

Liverpool, for example, are happy to take their share of the cash they pump in.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I am suggesting they are entitled to, or at least try to.

I personally don't buy any newspapers, and read extracts from various online.

I would love to know how many who are boycotting, watch SKY though, or cooperate with them.

Liverpool, for example, are happy to take their share of the cash they pump in.

I wasn't commenting on the morality of the rag's proprietors, rather the ability to make a reasoned choice of anyone who would read the Sun.

Calling for a boycott of the Sun, or anything else best read in the privacy of one's bedroom, isn't depriving anyone of their preferred reading, for no one would be removing anyone's right to buy and read whatever they choose. Unless you are suggesting that anyone so weak of mind as to read the Sun wouldn't understand that such a boycott would not be compulsory.

The Sun is an utter rag. Pure filth.

Pretty sad that it would take the peer pressure of a boycott to make someone decide to stop buying it.

I think as time moves on, people will, more and more, get their information from other sources.

Still open to manipulation and spin but a pleasing thought none the less.

You'll not be able to fool any of the people, any of the time.....to paraphrase !

:beatnik2:

Who actually buys a paper nowadays - I have no idea - people with no internet on their phone ?

AllyjamboDerbyshire

It would be compulsory if the boycott "put the rag under", as suggested in the OP.

A boycott will only work if enough people accept that the sun is not worth reading. As there is no way that such a boycott could be 'policed', people will be free to make up their own minds whether or not to join a boycott, it will be the Sun readers, themselves, who decide not to buy it to the level that it goes under, or not.

3fingersreid

Scab rag owned by an odious little ******* , hope it and it's Sunday version disappear

I'd be happy if both edinburgh teams followed suit (city too actually) Would worry if that would increase the daily hun's readership though :(

I say ban them both!

I'd rather that we let people decide what they want to read.

Usually I'd agree with you mate but I back a ban on this excuse for a newspaper.

Scummy rag read by scummy people

I extremely know one of that sort.

Would never buy the sun but I have found myself clicking on the odd Hearts related story online.

Kenny Millar is a decent guy* and he does get the scoops at Hearts, it's a shame he works for them and not another paper.

*for a hibby

Would never buy the sun but I have found myself clicking on the odd Hearts related story online.

Kenny Millar is a decent guy* and he does get the scoops at Hearts, it's a shame he works for them and not another paper.

*for a hibby

Yeah I actually find him quite a good journo despite working for a red top. Would be nice if he worked for a better paper.

ToadKiller Dog

Have not read or bought that paper for over 20 years ,try not to click on any link to its web page .

That said very rare I buy any paper these days occasionally the local evening paper or a Sunday paper if Hearts have had a big win the day before .

National level newspapers or red tops are slowly dying off my guess gone within the next 10/20 years .

There is a reason why the Gov wants to reign in the freedoms of social media and it's not really to do with stopping terrorism .

Archived