BT Broadband!

Praha06

Anybody else have this shower of pirates as their broadband provider?

For the last 3 or 4 days my d/l rate has been cut from 4meg to half a meg every evening.

It might be a coincidence but I have been downloading a hell of a lot of GBs in the last week, 85gb or thereabouts. Is this why and if so, surely it makes a mockery of their "unlimited" broadband service doesn't it?

First chance I get, they're getting to ****!

:mad:

Ive got BT broadband and the unlimited isnt really unlimited the cap they have on it is 100GB per month and if your downloading a lot they generally put on a line with others who download a lot of stuff.

Denny Crane

Switch to o2 when your BT contract expires mate. I'm paying ?15 for unlimited downloads at 20mg and I've no complaints so far.

Switch to o2 when your BT contract expires mate. I'm paying ?15 for unlimited downloads at 20mg and I've no complaints so far.

Do you download a lot of stuff mate because what KJC just posted above is exactly what is happening to me and therefore there is no point moving to experience the same thing.

Its doing my nut in, ?30 a month for broadband is a lot of money just to receive this kind of shoddy service in this day and age!

Denny Crane
Do you download a lot of stuff mate because what KJC just posted above is exactly what is happening to me and therefore there is no point moving to experience the same thing.

Its doing my nut in, ?30 a month for broadband is a lot of money just to receive this kind of shoddy service in this day and age!

Yes. Like I say, no complaints so far. Even better value for money if your own mobile phone is an o2 one.

http://broadband.o2.co.uk/

Benny Factor
Anybody else have this shower of pirates as their broadband provider?

For the last 3 or 4 days my d/l rate has been cut from 4meg to half a meg every evening.

It might be a coincidence but I have been downloading a hell of a lot of GBs in the last week, 85gb or thereabouts. Is this why and if so, surely it makes a mockery of their "unlimited" broadband service doesn't it?

First chance I get, they're getting to ****!

:mad:

Unfortunately, there's no such thing as unlimited broadband. All broadband providers have a "fair usage" policy, which limits what you can actually download.

I had BT for a while, but got sick and tired of not being able to get signed on: I tried to get my migration number and was directed to a call centre in Bangladesh. Now nae disrespect, but I couldn't get any joy whatsoever: although the people were actually very nice, I couldn't get my request across. I had to go through a British guy who got the supervisor in India to call me! I finally got my business done, but kept receiving a bill for a year for ?4 !! I finally had enough and threatened them with my solicitor!!

However, they scrubbed the ?4 (for what that was for I have no idea!!) and I signed on with "Madasafish" : they have been brilliant. I've had great service with them and nae problems.........

Good luck.

Commander Harris

don't want to be an arse but it's all in the t&cs. it's always good to make sure you'll be getting the service you're after before you sign up to a long contract.

having said that BT are pish, but from my POV that's mainly to do with their ****ty customer service. (as kannymann has also said)

No New Manager = No Gnome Purchase

Praha 06: forgive me for using yer thread as a vehicle but............

Cdr. Harris: No new manager equals Nae Gnome purchase.......stroke of genius pee'd masel at that!! yer almost as clever as me!!

Archived