Best one hit wonder song?

i8hibsh

chester copperpot
IMO 4 Non Blondes 'what's up'

what is yours?

Has to be this. Reminds me of so many happy things that happened in my life at the time.

watch?v=5PP1HEFlkdY

Top choice Bev, there were quite a few kicking about in the 80's, here's one of my favs

Right well that wasn't much use, how do you embed the feckers.....anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52wuwbJGC_c

Denny Crane
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut09zkRoG0g

Though first time I heard it I was on the receiving end of a blow job from my mates big sister. That may be the reason I think it's the best :P

Well she's recently released a comeback album and it is pretty good. Includes an acoustic version of the song you posted so you and said mate's big sis may wish to go further and rock the casbah!;)

Anyone remember Cicero?

His one hit had a video of his bedroom where it was all Hearts posters and downie cover

class!

Doctor FinnBarr
Anyone remember Cicero?

His one hit had a video of his bedroom where it was all Hearts posters and downie cover

class!

Didn,t we do this 1 a few weeks back? So very very camp, ala Pet Shop Poofs.

;)

Great song John, it was produced by Alan Parsons who John Miles did a lot of work with, if you like that, you should get hold of some Alan Parsons Project albums. I downloaded a few recently, boy have they dated!

Here's my nomination...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mKTCW4oxS6I

has to be the honeythief by hipsway absolutely brill the album is tops to but only one hit single

Not a huge hit in the UK but in hip-hop circles accross the world, this tune was huge.

He then released an LP which sucked and he was bombed from his label.

Definitely not a one hit wonder, Love Removal Machine, Rain and L'il Devil all charted top 20, L'il Devil charted higher than She Sells Sanctuary.

Great song though.

The White Cockade

Love Strawberry Switchblade Bev but have you forgotten Jolene?

Never Never by the Assembly

Feels Like Heaven by Fiction Factory

Favourite Waste of Time - Owen Paul

Over The Sea by Jesse Rae

Mental as Anything - Live it Up

Not a huge hit in the UK but in hip-hop circles accross the world, this tune was huge.

He then released an LP which sucked and he was bombed from his label.

"You won't be around next year!"

Got that right Craig. Remix is a classic.

Buggles - Video Killed the Radio Star.

End Off

"Living In The Plastic Age" disqualifes The Buggles from official "one hit wonder" status.

The winners are Charles & Eddie - "Would I Lie To You " and runners up : Althea & Donna - "Uptown Top ranking" . FACT ;)

:cool:

"Althea & Donna - "Uptown Top ranking" . FACT ;)

:cool:

Reading down the thread, this was the one I was going to post... you beat me to it!

Reading down the thread, this was the one I was going to post... you beat me to it!

You obviously know your music Alistair ;)

Definitely not a one hit wonder, Love Removal Machine, Rain and L'il Devil all charted top 20, L'il Devil charted higher than She Sells Sanctuary.

Great song though.

I'm a huge fan of The Cult. I know they had alot of other charting hits.

But if you say The Cult to anyone, they'll say She Sells Sanctuary.

It's the only song of theirs people know well, and in my book that makes them a one mega-hit wonder.

Maybe we need a new category......

"Favourite song that was a mega-hit alongside alot of other okay songs that the same band did that also did respectably well in the charts"

:P;)

I'm a huge fan of The Cult. I know they had alot of other charting hits.

But if you say The Cult to anyone, they'll say She Sells Sanctuary.

It's the only song of theirs people know well, and in my book that makes them a one mega-hit wonder.

"Favourite song that was a mega-hit alongside alot of other okay songs that the same band did that also did respectably well in the charts"

I was walking past Electric Cabaret on Forrest Road a couple of weeks ago and there in the window was a t-shirt in black with the cover of Love on it, all the symbols, that weird kind of Native American stuff in glorious red and silver. Immediately I knew I had to have it, it would be like being 15 again, although I never had such a cool shirt back then. Unfortunately I am now a big fat get and I don't fit into normal sized t-shirts, I need 3XL.

So I went into the shop, which is kind of embarrassing, because the girl working there is about 17, gorgeous and not really wearing clothes. I always think that if I can see your underwear your not wearing enough clothes. I didn't know where to look. (Actually I knew exactly where to look, but she's young enough to be my daughter, damn I'm old)

I asked her if she could get the shirt in 3XL, no problem she assures me, so she takes my number and I wait, and wait and wait. Nothing.

I went back in last week to be told that they couldn't get them bigger than XL. It's no good, XL makes me look, booby. I am gutted, really gutted.

So why am I telling you this? Cade, go to Cabaret, but a Cult - Love shirt, let me wear it vicariously through you. You know you want to, you know how cool it is, go buy one. It's only ?14 and you won't regret it.

I wish I was 15 (stone) again...

I

Signature song?

Archived