Why do you drink?

Morgan

Is it for relaxation?

Peer pressure?

Habit?

Boredom?

To accentuate/enhance a meal?

The feeling?

Or just because you bloody well like it?

Personally, I answer to three of the above.

Heartsmad1874

Matchdays,New Year or Nights out on the town.

Can never be bothered just drinking casually for nothing.

Habit... It signifies the end of the week, reward?

This, not I drink during the week, sometimes, but not often, come Friday night I'd kill for a bottle of red wine or a few bottles of Duvel, I feel a bit shit after drinking, not through a hangover but knowing I didn't really need to drink at all but I do like it, and look forward to a drink at the weekend, I need to stop again for a couple months again, it's not much help when you're trying to loose a stone.

I enjoy a drink. Right now I'm sitting in El Duque beach in Tenerife having a cold beer and the wife is having an Aperol Spritz. 30deg C and watch the people go by. Totally relaxed after a hard days sunbathing and swimming. Another beer on the way :)

I'm trying to forget a JKB poster named Morgan! :smiley2: 

You'll need some heroin for that.

Jambo-Jimbo

Because I like a beer or two and there is usually always plenty in the house anyway, since I brew the stuff.

Because I like a beer or two and there is usually always plenty in the house anyway, since I brew the stuff.

What do you brew?

Jambo-Jimbo

What do you brew?

Anything, I've got two different Lagers, An American Pale Ale and a German Golden Ale which I'm drinking now, getting near the end of the 4 of then now, so I'll probably do a few batches towards the the end of July.

End of July start of August is when I brew a Christmas Ale if I'll doing one, they usually need a few months maturing also depends on how strong I make it.

Usually it's kits I use, but sometimes I add extra hops or things like molasses sugar, just to spice them up a bit.

A lot of the kits today are pretty good, you still get some rubbish but a lot of the breweries also produce in kit form some of their beers which you'd buy in bottle or cask, some of them are quite good.

Feeling firstly but habit too.

When it gets to near the end of the working week I start wanting a pint. I don't need it, it's just habit.

I do still enjoy the feeling though. It makes watching stand up comedy more fun, playing fifa better or watching a film more engaging.

I also bloody well enjoy the taste of some drinks.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Because it makes everything better, listening to music, watching Hearts ( needed ) sex ( maybe not )  :tiny: 

Alwayssunnyingorgie

Because it makes everything better, listening to music, watching Hearts ( needed ) sex ( maybe not ) :tiny:

Sex is improved 100% when your drunk. You can finish in seconds then get some sleep it's great.

Because it makes everything better, listening to music, watching Hearts ( needed ) sex ( maybe not ) :tiny:

Music and football definitely :thumb:

Sex is improved 100% when your drunk. You can finish in seconds then get some sleep it's great.

Finishing in seconds I can assure you, is no problem anyway :lol:

Never used to drink. Then I started reading & posting on JKB.

:muggy:

All roads lead to Gorgie

When I am drunk I fall asleep before it even starts  :thumbsdown: 

Alwayssunnyingorgie

There is no such thing as a female orgasm so over a minute is just unnecessary.

John Findlay

Morgan known as the three Ws. Whip it in. Whip it out and Wipe it:-0)

There's a ready made come back to my statement.

Winner will receive kudos.

And a case of their favourite beer. Paid for by Morgan.

Nice fellow.

Deal.

Anything, I've got two different Lagers, An American Pale Ale and a German Golden Ale which I'm drinking now, getting near the end of the 4 of then now, so I'll probably do a few batches towards the the end of July.

End of July start of August is when I brew a Christmas Ale if I'll doing one, they usually need a few months maturing also depends on how strong I make it.

Usually it's kits I use, but sometimes I add extra hops or things like molasses sugar, just to spice them up a bit.

A lot of the kits today are pretty good, you still get some rubbish but a lot of the breweries also produce in kit form some of their beers which you'd buy in bottle or cask, some of them are quite good.

:thumbsup: always fancied giving brewing ago, I've done the sloe/damsen/bramble vodka and Gin buts that's not quite the same.

I like the continental wheat beers or the strong Duvel types, don't like lagers, tennants ect, like export, 70, 80 type beer, any recommendations?

If i didn't have drink to de stress I would probably resort to heroin or something. I would probably enjoy it to.

So, the lesser of two evils.

Doctor FinnBarr

:thumbsup: always fancied giving brewing ago, I've done the sloe/damsen/bramble vodka and Gin buts that's not quite the same.

I like the continental wheat beers or the strong Duvel types, don't like lagers, tennants ect, like export, 70, 80 type beer, any recommendations?

Big fan of wheat beers myself but due to the lack of room in a 2 bedroomed house I've never got round to trying to brew my own and basic starter kits online seem to start at about ?65. Much better to jump on a cheap Ryanair flight to Brussels and drink it on draught, already been twice this year and took in a Molenbeek game at the same time.....Heaven

Bazzas right boot

To get melted and do stupid shit.

As I'm older that usually means singing or karaoke now.

I generally only drink once a week/ fortnight, on a Saturday.

This, not I drink during the week, sometimes, but not often, come Friday night I'd kill for a bottle of red wine or a few bottles of Duvel, I feel a bit shit after drinking, not through a hangover but knowing I didn't really need to drink at all but I do like it, and look forward to a drink at the weekend, I need to stop again for a couple months again, it's not much help when you're trying to loose a stone.

I have only been slim when I did not drink..... I started to drink spirits to avuid the quantity of beer...only to then eat junk/fast food.

Really improves women's looks :)

J.T.F.Robertson

Eases the "pain", semi - relieves the boredom and keeps my positive outlook on the go. :(

I thought that's what happened when you DON'T drink.  :wink:

Alwayssunnyingorgie

I thought that's what happened when you DON'T drink. :wink:

Only to the lucky few :(.

Francis Albert

As  Sinatra often said - I feel sorry for people who don't drink - they wake up in the morning and that's the best they are going to feel all day.

Jambo-Jimbo

Just google home brew shop or home brew online, they both have everything you would need to get started and the kits to brew, there are quite a few online shops now, not just these two.

There are some wheat beer kits nowadays and there is a Belgian Company called Brewferm which do all the strong Belgian styles.

It's so simple to brew nowadays, you don't need anything special, no values, tubes or anything apart from a tub.

I have the Coopers Beer Starter Kit, which is basically a large plastic barrel with a lid at the top and a tap at the bottom.

Even the kits are simplicity themselves, often containing everything you need and just requiring water to be added and if you live in a soft water area tap water will do the job.

A week to 10 days later your brew is usually ready to bottle, then it matures for a few weeks or months depending on the style and bob's your uncle you have up to 40 500ml bottles of beer.

Mind by the time it's fully mature you'll find that you don't have 40 bottles, well you have to sample them every week or so, purely for quality control you understand.  :smile:

Today in France is the Fete du Musique. It's held every year to celebrate the summer solstice (longest day). Every bar and restaurant has live music and there are bands playing on the beaches and on the promenade tonight.

Moral of this story is that everyone will be drinking too much and enjoying the music on offer.

Sometimes they further 'celebrate' this at the end of the evening by setting fire to cars. This is a big tradition on Hogmanay as well.

Cheers!

Is it for relaxation?

Peer pressure?

Habit?

Boredom?

To accentuate/enhance a meal?

The feeling?

Or just because you bloody well like it?

Personally, I answer to three of the above.

I drink because recreational drugs are so cut to feck these days you just don't know what you are taking.

Getting melted feels fantastic. That's why.

It also enhances just about everything that I'll be doing on a Friday night. :lol:

Getting melted feels fantastic. That's why.

It also enhances just about everything that I'll be doing on a Friday night. :lol:

Honest post!

Honest post!

No point trying to lie about it, to be fair! :)

I just enjoy the way a beer or 8 makes me feel.  Light headed, floaty, happier about things, finding things funnier - it does it all.  I'm not one of those drinkers that gets aggressive after a few too many, but I do become a lot more sociable and enjoy things like playing the Playstation or watching a film more.

Of course, there's a fine line where it goes from "that was a good night" to "what the hell happened last night?" that gets crossed sometimes.  That doesn't quite feel the same way!

I support Hearts

I support West Ham

I support The New York Mets

I support The Cincinnati Bengals

By rights I should be on smack

In all seriousness I started drinking, like most fellas cos it's what you do but have never been a big drinker. Classic binge drinker really but, more recently I've really got into trying different beers. Some good uns out there, even in the supermarkets.

Archived