Confederations Cup thread

CJGJ

Just about to start

A little filler in the summer and of course one of our own players on show...hope he has a stormer and the bids come flying in :tiny:

Russia v New Zealand on at 4pm

Matches on tomorrow including Cameroon at 4pm and 7pm

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just about to start

A little filler in the summer and of course one of our own players on show...hope he has a stormer and the bids come flying in :tiny:

Cameroon will be knackered by 9pm  :uhoh2:

Bazzas right boot

Just about to start

Bit unfair, Cameroon playing twice in one day.

Russian people have given up on their football team

Commentator said they were told it was a sell out!

Is this invite only - how does it work

its the next world cup host and the winners of the major international tournaments, ie WC, euros ACON

Ryan Jarman

Is this invite only - how does it work

Winners of each FIFA confederation trophy and t host of next world cup I think.

So, Winners of World Cup, European Championship, Afcon, Copa America etc

New Zealand were very poor, Portugal should qualify from their group, depending how strong a team Mexico have will determine who qualifies between Mexico and Russia. Russia didn't look great against New Zealand but do have home advantage.

Germany should qualify from their group, any one of the 3 others could make up the top-2. I predict Chile 2nd, Australia 3rd, Cameroon 4th.

Bit worried for us Aussies in this - coach trying to reshape the formation and defence is horrifying at the moment. Almost any foray into our backline results in a decent goal chance. Saying that though, goals can come from many sources with our current squad - some quick wingers playing in strong leagues, strong and skilful midfielders and the odd bit of brillliance from Cahill maybe. We've beaten Germany before but we could also end up 0-5 losers this time around. Cameroon though will be an nice even game.

The article i read about djoum & the confed cup had him down as a motherwell player!!

Maybe someone somewhere got maroon mixed up with claret! Shoddy journalism

I was at the game last night and couldn't believe the rapturous reception Vladimir Putin got after his few words. He really is loved by the Russians. The hosts are no great shakes, but the Kiwis were poor. I think the winner will come from Chile, Mexico or Portugal, unless Sandro Wagner suddenly becomes the new Klose. Very few caps in the squad and hellish few goals.

Now in Moscow having a few beers before heading off for tonight's later kick-off. Unfortunately I will not see the earlier match due to the time taken to get across the city, the walk to the ground and then the queue to get in. I will be lucky if I am back in my hotel by 1 a.m. Staying in the capital for a few days. Going to Russia v Portugal on Wednesday, before heading back to Leningrad on Thursday.

Bumped into Calum Marshall's brother at Glasgow. They're now in Poland for the under 21 tournament.

I was at the game last night and couldn't believe the rapturous reception Vladimir Putin got after his few words. He really is loved by the Russians. The hosts are no great shakes, but the Kiwis were poor. I think the winner will come from Chile, Mexico or Portugal, unless Sandro Wagner suddenly becomes the new Klose. Very few caps in the squad and hellish few goals.

Now in Moscow having a few beers before heading off for tonight's later kick-off. Unfortunately I will not see the earlier match due to the time taken to get across the city, the walk to the ground and then the queue to get in. I will be lucky if I am back in my hotel by 1 a.m. Staying in the capital for a few days. Going to Russia v Portugal on Wednesday, before heading back to Leningrad on Thursday.

Bumped into Calum Marshall's brother at Glasgow. They're now in Poland for the under 21 tournament.

The leader of North Korea also gets a similar reception wherever he goes

Mexico - Portugal has been not bad so far. Fancy chile to win the tournament though.

Rudolf's Mate

Mexico - Portugal has been not bad so far. Fancy chile to win the tournament though.

Agreed and think the second half has been better. Enjoyed it.

The main interest is whether Nika "the psychic polar bear" can predict the results.

Big pressure. It will either be in for the finals next year or sold for meat.

Cameroon starting XI: Ondoa; Mabouka, Teikeu, Ngadeu-Ngadjui, Fai; Anguissa, Siani, Djoum; Moukanjo, Aboubakar, Bassogog

Shanks said no

The Famous getting a wee mention there

"2 years left at the Heart of Midlothian, fancies moving on"

Is Djoum playing a deep lying midfield role?? Levein is now killing Cameron FFS

His position in winning African Nations games

Shop window....

He's worth 100 million

[just not sure which currency]

100.000 Vietmam Dong .

Video ref decision that really does not look like the goal should have been disallowed...still 0-0

Hard to believe Chile haven't scored yet! Chance after chance

they have now had a goal chopped off, possibly for offside. the video ref for me is not clear and vargas looks onside

Ferryjambo99

I think he might just be very marginally offside. I think the referee needs to make it more obvious when he's going to the video ref so that you don't have the team going through a big celebration etc for it to be disallowed about a minute later

they have now had a goal chopped off, possibly for offside. the video ref for me is not clear and vargas looks onside

the analysis with the line shows correct decision. interesting one though with the cameroon goal that was chalked off for a foul on vidal. if the ref had went to the video ref he probably would have given the goal

John Findlay

Personally I would not use video in football. It to me ruins the game.

I am in the minority I suspect. I don't like it.

Personally I would not use video in football. It to me ruins the game.

I am in the minority I suspect. I don't like it.

I'm not a huge fan of it either but would quickly change my tune if we benefited from a big decision in a big game i'm sure

Video should only be used for decisions of fact

was player offside ?, was ball over the line ?...........not for was it a foul which is usually down to opinion though I appreciate that could let the cheats get away with it but retrospective action should be taken for such incidents

Two of the best combine to give Chile the lead...Sanchez cross to Vidal and a good header  1-0

Italian Lambretta

Djoums had a very good game and looks the most composed footballer in the Cameroon team.

Another video ref decision and the correct decision but what was the lines person doing flagging in the first place..2-0

chester copperpot

Djoums had a very good game and looks the most composed footballer in the Cameroon team.

I genuinely haven't heard his name being mentioned

Archived