Big plane flying about

red21

Anyone see that plane flying around Edinburgh this afternoon - anyone know what it was doing? (perhaps taking pictures of the city?)

Anyone see that plane flying around Edinburgh this afternoon - anyone know what it was doing? (perhaps taking pictures of the city?)

yep seen it also keeps flying over my house???? bit worried like!!!!! looks like its either someone learning to fly but not sure seems to have stopped the now but been going on for over 7 hrs.

It must have went over the Gyle and landed at the Airport at about 3 ish?

It was still flying about at 7pm. really low at one point and im miles from the airport ..

Italian Lambretta

There has been some strange flights of late with the works being done to the runway.

I even saw an Easyjet coming in to land over the Broomhouse flats at 5pm last week. I thought it was a very strange approach given they normally come up the forth and turn in.

Also, being in Bonnyrigg the last flights from London (I Think!) are very low over our houses.

Don't know exactly what work they are doing but its causing some very odd low flights.

It was a Dakota....

Lovely engine sound - buzzed South Queensferry and the bridges from about 4:30pm for an hour or so.

Only question is why?

well its five past 11 and going by the usual time the mail plane should be coming over shortly so its time for bed soon.lol not off tomorrow:eek::eek::eek:

yvonnejambo

Yeah we saw it about 5ish when heading for Forth bridge, I thought it was going to land at airport as it was very low.

well its five past 11 and going by the usual time the mail plane should be coming over shortly so its time for bed soon.lol not off tomorrow:eek::eek::eek:

Easy jet just took a trip over the house just now.

North Berwick Jambo

Too early mate its six weeks away, i think all the fuss is due to runway repairs & a different flight approach most nights..

PS.. My house is the only one right under the display flightpath for the airshow & some of the planes about rip the tiles of the my roof! :)

;)

maltese jambo

its the last series of flights of the DC3... was at the airport yesterday and managed to get a (very) close up of its take off really great sound.

blondejamtart

We took a run down to Galashiels yesterday (late morning) and saw it flying over head travelling up towards the Edinburgh direction. It was flying really low then too.

Guest sparrieheid
its the last series of flights of the DC3... was at the airport yesterday and managed to get a (very) close up of its take off really great sound.

Correct. This beautiful old DC3 Dakota is nearly at the end of it's flying life and will not have it's Airworthiness Certificate renewed, so it's currently on a final tour of several UK airports offering the public a final chance to experience a flight before it's finally grounded for good.

Sorry, don't have a link to the timetable or prices.

Correct. This beautiful old DC3 Dakota is nearly at the end of it's flying life and will not have it's Airworthiness Certificate renewed, so it's currently on a final tour of several UK airports offering the public a final chance to experience a flight before it's finally grounded for good.

I think it was just the one day - flights were ?99 each.

Correct. One fo the barriers is that new regulations state that it must be fitted with oxygen masks. This despite the fact that the DC-3 is incapable of flying at heights where this is a requirement.

Another is that it would have to be fitted with inflatable chutes incase of emergency to let passengers to get off. The door of a Dakota is apparently only four foot from the ground.

I think it was just the one day - flights were ?99 each.

It was buzzing around again today about 11.30

Archived