A slap in the face for Romanov

Dr. Bapswent

Scotland appointing George Burley.

The SFA consider him the best option from a decent list of willing candidates.

But he isnt good enough for Romanov.

I hope George takes Scotland to great things to rub VRs nose in the HUGE mistake he made screwing up what was one of the best thigs HMFC had going.

I hope George takes Scotland to great things to rub VRs nose in the HUGE mistake he made screwing up what was one of the best thigs HMFC had going.

Aye.

Dunk-Section G

Very true.

But your not really meant to mention Burley on here because we must just forget about him and what could of been.

Ally McLeod, Jock Stein, Matt Busby, Alex Ferguson, Walter Smith (not so great I admit).......

Pretty good list sleaze boy.

Since when did the SFA become the bench mark of appointing great managers?

Who said that ?

Anyway i think we have had some decent managers.

Nucky Thompson

I don't want keep digging up the past, but I don't think that was the case:)

Glad Scotland have appointed him. Not the biggest Scotland fan to say the least but he was the one out of the five I wanted appointed.

Also, George. Don't waste you're time coming to Tyecastle. Nothing to see.

Nucky Thompson

Except all his old drinking establishments:rolleyes:

Ally McLeod, Jock Stein, Matt Busby, Alex Ferguson, Walter Smith (not so great I admit).......

Nah you getting me all wrong, queen,... Well done for finding one this side of the 90's tho.

I see what Baps is saying queen, but the jury is still out on Burley and Scotland for me..... he hasnt exactly rose to the challenge when under the the pressure at St Mary's.

Thats my worry.

alwaysthereinspirit
Glad Scotland have appointed him. Not the biggest Scotland fan to say the least but he was the one out of the five I wanted appointed.

Nothing Scottish anyway.

Nah you getting me all wrong, queen,... Well done for finding one this side of the 90's tho.

I see what Baps is saying queen, but the jury is still out on Burley and Scotland for me..... he hasnt exactly rose to the challenge when under the the pressure at St Mary's.

Thats my worry.

Ok princess.

Get your juxtaposition. (Creative ***** use that word all the time).

Dunk-Section G

Burley was the best option.

Souness - flatters to deceive for years.

McGhee - come from nowhere really.

Burns - Awful. Was only there to appease Celtic fans.

Burley was the best option.

Souness - flatters to deceive for years.

McGhee - come from nowhere really.

Burns - Awful. Was only there to appease Celtic fans.

George is gorgeous. :dribble:

Since when did the SFA become the bench mark of appointing great managers?

They haven't done to badly recently have they? Smith and Eck were good appointments, even Berti most folk agreed at the time was a good appointment. Compare that to Rix, Kookaburra, Mad Malofeev, Valdas and now Fail they are lightyears ahead in that department!!

I don't want keep digging up the past, but I don't think that was the case:)

Me either....nothing is ever that simple....

But if we're sticking to just his managerial capabilities then our short experience would suggest that he's not bad at all. Even if his record hasn't been too fabulous since then, we know he has potential of some description.

He done a great job here... but club and country are oh so different, I just hope he can get the best out of a mediocre bunch with Scotland.

My choice would have been Mcghee but thats just me.

He will get some ovation when he comes back to Tynecastle to watch games.

I presume the confidentiality clause never had him banned from Tynecastle :527:

So are the Southampton fans it would seem.

As i posted in another thread.Saints are the real winners.They get compensation for a manager that they would more than likely sack soon.Appoint G Hoddle a far better manager as well.

Ok, say at sometime in the future Berra gets a bit of confidence and starts to look like a candidate for the scotland squad...Do you think Burley will hold a grudge? I know it sounds petty but it may take a bit longer for any of our guys to get in the squad.

Also, I have not ben keeping up with this, is his court case still 'live' against us or has this been settled?

Finally good manager as he was/is i do think he is a non oldfirm compromise.

I hope he rubs Romanovs nose in it too I always said Romanov is a clown and always will say so, every fan from other clubs I speak to also say George was the real man for our club, but it was just because George stood up to him he was out.

Romanov is a Knob of the highest order and always will be!

letsmakesomenoise

Bertie, Craig, Andy R. Not so hot ..................

Would also like to thank Campbell Ogilvie for helping to appoint GB so that the remaining candidates are still free to manage Hearts :)

Billy the Jambo
I hope he rubs Romanovs nose in it too I always said Romanov is a clown and always will say so, every fan from other clubs I speak to also say George was the real man for our club, but it was just because George stood up to him he was out.

Romanov is a Knob of the highest order and always will be!

Well said jambo 2006 agree 100%

Fine Scottish Wine
Ok, say at sometime in the future Berra gets a bit of confidence and starts to look like a candidate for the scotland squad...Do you think Burley will hold a grudge? I know it sounds petty but it may take a bit longer for any of our guys to get in the squad.

Also, I have not ben keeping up with this, is his court case still 'live' against us or has this been settled?

Finally good manager as he was/is i do think he is a non oldfirm compromise.

Why, did the players do something wrong. If Burley was the kind of manager who would neglect to pick a player for Scotland because he had a grudge with someone else then he is not the manager for Scotland. Personally i don't think he is that petty or stupid.

Archived