DIY GTF!

Carl Spackler

Carl Spackler

I'm trying to replace an old electric shower with a new one. No bother you might think.

Stage 1 - Take off the outer casing. Three screws, normal flat head screwdriver used - Done

Stage 2 - Loosen the inlet connector assembly - Can't. The wee screws have an allen key like shape to the head but instead of being octaganal it's a star. I've never seen the like before. It's not like it's a cheap shower, it's a Mira so why can't they just use normal screws.

Totally p'd off.

Clearly I have to go to get a wee star shaped allen key but that's another trip to B and f'ing Q.

It not the first DIY disaster today either. I've already banjoed a Kitchen and will need to make a trip to the hell that is Ikea.

Sunny outside as well.

Like I say. DIY GTF.

Anyone else got DIY disaster stories?

That's them. I've never seen them before. Thanks.

oh dear sounds like someone has a mira shower???? i have the size of tork driver that is needed to do this... i also done this about 6 months ago and decided to change the mira for a triton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bad idea had to get a plumber into change the fittings as one was bigger than the other nightmare.

oh dear sounds like someone has a mira shower???? i have the size of tork driver that is needed to do this... i also done this about 6 months ago and decided to change the mira for a triton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bad idea had to get a plumber into change the fittings as one was bigger than the other nightmare.

Ever thought about a career as a detective?

Archived